Fist Fighting (A Witcher's Achilles Heel)

+
It all comes down to countering correct and never attacking, unless you have counter an opponent's punch. As long as you get used to it you can defeat opponents 20 levels higher, something that is next to impossible on death march on a normal combat encounter. But i do understand OP's point. If you try fist fights the same way you do your swordfights, you will get your ass kicked.

From lore perspective it does not make sense. Geralt should knock out these peasants in 1 or 2 punches, but it is a game, and it has to be somewhat challenging on the highest difficulties. You yourself getting a fair amount of damage is OK though. A strong punch is a strong punch. Even if one of us throws a really good punch on Manny Pacquiao, it will hurt him, that's just how it is.

It all comes down to countering correct and never attacking, unless you have counter an opponent's punch. As long as you get used to it you can defeat opponents 20 levels higher, something that is next to impossible on death march on a normal combat encounter.

Yep, this. There are some that are pretty difficult to counter attack - the novigrad champ took me a couple tries - but it's otherwise pretty straightforward. Even the quests where you have to fistfight 2 or 3 people at once can be completed in the same fashion.

Counterattacks aren't the only way to disrupt opponents, though. Fast attacks can interrupt them sometimes as well.

I see what you saying. Thanks for clarifying! Yeah that is kinda funny. Weil I just looked at it as oh hey another challenge.

Personally, I really love this difficulty level for Fist Fighting. It's really easy to block or dodge their hit, so there is no problem even if you get knocked out by 3 to 4 punch. It forces you to concentrate for 30 seconds.

However i would be okay for a "lower damage from getting punched" during fist fighting, if in counter parts, they would lower the damage you deal to.

i never had problems with fist fights, i won nearly all of them on first try, i didnt even use counters and stuff, my tactic was really simple, just keep distance, when he comes towards you with a heavy attack go towards him and hit him with a fast attack while he starts his heavy attack, at this moment he cant block and is slow, so its an easy hit with the fast attack because he is way too slow, then go away, repeat this and you will win

Guest 2364765

I agree that fistfights are terribad.
It feels mostly unfair, especially timings and distances, enemies can block whenever they want and can punch you further than they physically reach with their arms.

Blocking issue also occurs on enemies who have bows/crossbows and swords, they can start blocking before they even fully unsheathe their sword.

Top Bottom