Fist fighting sucks so hard in this game

+
Parrying punches always work; clearly, your issue is timing/skill and you blame the game.

So, this is how it works.... get good man. There's only a select few of you on this thread who are truly bashing the mechanics that ACTUALLY work, provided the player is skillfully performing the said actions.

---------- Updated at 09:00 PM ----------

Difficulty has NOTHING TO DO WITH PARRYING punches. Absolutely, nothing. Its all "timing".

I think people here again, awful reflexes, or laggy computers or a combination of the 2.

For clarification I play the on the 2nd hardest level before DM. I forget what it's called, "Break bones, blood and bones" or whatever.

I did a couple of fist-fights yesterday and recorded it. [They are all 1v1's, but its just to demonstrate the science of an easy fight.]

I demonstrated several ways beat peeps up, or get beat-up, but i never lost a fight.

In the first piece, i stood in his face nearly all day, parry, parry parry, block, parry. Lastly, I stood far away, to Charge strong attacks just before enemy and it generally always hits, if you're too scared to be in their face.

I'm lv24. I'm in Skellige:

720p [Shadowplay]

Video doesn't work.

Fist fights cheap as ****

Seriously this things are BROKEN, the controls are unresponsive as *****, the enemies hit too fast and hit for too much THEY EVEN HIT YOU FROM MILES AWAY!!!, like they have telekinetic punches or something, this is BS!!!

Thats right timming is crucial. With simple mechanic dodge/parry mastered Geralt is unbeatable no matter what difficulty setting you choose.

Whoops... try it now... Stupid Youtube.

Dude, in that video he uses the exact tactic that I said people should.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...in-this-game?p=1783867&viewfull=1#post1783867

And you said that you didn't have to, that all you have to do is just stand there, parry, punch, parry, punch. It doesn't work that way because then you get knocked back and then they can hit you. You have to jump back, as in the video. Also in the second fight he almost died anyway.

The only important factor is countering. I mopped the floor with everything they threw at me and didn't even notice any issues with the hitbox (many punches go over a large distance so you have to be prepared anyway). The enemy moves, I block, counter, right, right, left, left, block, counter, right, left, left, have a nice day, your teeth are over there, don't mention it.

It's strange. Never have I experienced anything that has regularly been called ugly, horrible, sh*t or worse as so nearly flawless. Remarkable.

The only important factor is countering. I mopped the floor with everything they threw at me and didn't even notice any issues with the hitbox (many punches go over a large distance so you have to be prepared anyway). The enemy moves, I block, counter, right, right, left, left, block, counter, right, left, left, have a nice day, your teeth are over there, don't mention it.

It's strange. Never have I experienced anything that has regularly been called ugly, horrible, sh*t or worse as so nearly flawless. Remarkable.

It's not that easy. For example, if you are hitting them, they can start hitting you back and if you are in the process of hitting them, you can't counter in time, and on DM the fistfighters take like 40% of your health in one hit. All it takes is getting hit one time and getting paralyzed and then they can destroy you, just from getting hit once.

Not to even mention the fights where you have to face multiple opponents and if you are fighting/countering one, the other can still hit you and take half your hp in one hit.

But I guess that everyone on the internet is a flawless warrior that can do everything easily.

Dude, in that video he uses the exact tactic that I said people should.

http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...in-this-game?p=1783867&viewfull=1#post1783867

And you said that you didn't have to, that all you have to do is just stand there, parry, punch, parry, punch. It doesn't work that way because then you get knocked back and then they can hit you. You have to jump back, as in the video. Also in the second fight he almost died anyway.

I used... mixed tactics...

Secondly, I never mentioned that you CAN"T imploy different tactics [e.g. stand away and wait] i simply said, 'you don't need to.'

Usually, i like to just stand still in their face and counter-punch/counter-punch... I get bored and to make it interesting i like to back up and dance-around to get a sweet knockout.

Take a gander at the very-first fight... i exclusively stand in the opponents face, only until the end, I back off to make it interesting.

---------- Updated at 12:28 PM ----------

Not to even mention the fights where you have to face multiple opponents and if you are fighting/countering one, the other can still hit you and take half your hp in one hit.

You line-up your opponents in multi-fights trying to creating a collision choke-point, forcing only 1 fighter to engage 1 at a time... Sometimes a 2nd person may immediately follow-up after the first, but you just parry, parry twice, then proceed to TAG the 2nd guy who you parried last. Whittle-them down.

[I will make a video of that soon.]

Positioning matters in 1v2 and 1v3's, but the WAY you fight remains the same... Only throw punchs on successful parries.

You really make it seem like the mechanics *do-not* work at all, and its just not the case man... They work, its just timing.

Last edited:
I agree, use chokepoints, but some fistfights with multiple opponents do not have chokepoints, like the one on the docks when you fight them to guard the play to lure out the doppler.

I moved up the stairs and that way only had to fight them one at a time. It took lots of tries. It probably is just better to lose and continue with the quest using the alternate route.

Keep your distance so they do a long wielding ranged attack and counter that, then do a heavy attack followed by a normal attack and dodge back. Might not be the ideal solution, but I can win pretty much any fight with this. It does feel incredibly cheap, but I yet have to see a TW3 fist fight that doesn't feel incredibly cheap.

this is the right answer
100% game completion here

I agree, use chokepoints, but some fistfights with multiple opponents do not have chokepoints, like the one on the docks when you fight them to guard the play to lure out the doppler.

Hahaha, yes, that Doppler quest... I recall that alley-way in Novigrad... Yea, I admit that's a slightly challenging situation. [I think you are able to use SIGNS and potions] on that fight though?... No?

Either way, its not always that you get to use Potions/signs in fist-group fights.

Hahaha, yes, that Doppler quest... I recall that alley-way in Novigrad... Yea, I admit that's a slightly challenging situation. [I think you are able to use SIGNS and potions] on that fight though?... No?

Either way, its not always that you get to use Potions/signs in fist-group fights.

You can't use signs or potions, otherwise those fights would be incredibly easy.

Adding my voice to those who hate boxing. Most of the problems I can echo (fade from black issue, balance, enemy reach) and I can deal with, but I think the biggest issue for me is forced target lock. I don't ever use target lock during normal combat and I don't bother with competitive fistfights, so the camera and dodge mechanics are foreign to me. Honestly, I think a lot of people struggling with fistfighting might be in the same boat and not realize it. It's an optional mechanic except for forced fistfights every 20+ hours of gameplay, which for some of us could be weeks apart. It's like the TW2 prologue all over again, learning gameplay in an unforgiving environment.

I also think Geralt dying from losing a fistfight is silly. Isn't the fistfight meant to be nonlethal? If it's meant to be lethal, then the enemy should just draw a weapon and we can fall back on normal fight mechanics.

Just my 2 cents.

Top Bottom