Fist fighting sucks so hard in this game

+
If anyone has problems with the fist fight system in this game it's exclusively their own fault, seriously. This is by far the best fist fight system in the Witcher series. Would you rather have CDPR bring that horrible QTE system back? Oh hell no. You just have to time your blocks and hit back. It's not that hard. I'll admit it's harder to fight two or three guys at once but have you ever fought against two or more guys? Exactly, it is harder to fight more than one guy. It's the way it should be. Just time your blocks right, counter and move out of the way. Seriously, it's not that hard.
And before anyone asks, yes I have fought those two (and didn't bitch about it ;) ).

Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cant spam attacks to win!!!!!!! Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!! Make it simpelr cpdrprrpr!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest 3823474

This reminds me of the time when I was attacked by thugs in the street with intent to kill me, and I (actually the game) was too much of a prick to allow myself to use Quen, so I died from three thugs punching me in the face because I was unprepared, thinking I could use Quen to defend myself. This is just absurd in a situation that is not a staged fight with rules and such.

sometimes you can use signs like Axii

I don't know if you can use it in this particular fight tho

Tips: You could eat food before going on fist fighting. Regenerating effects of food will remain in fist fight and also remains permanent during the match. Hopefully this bug will not be remove by CD Project Red.

Seriously there is a serious bug in King Bandits quest when doing a fist fighting due to invisible wall. So eating food during the match is useful doing that quest. I suggest eat some food 20-30 sec cooldown.

fist fights in W3 is really good. you have to be smart not a trigger happy with pressing on attack. if you lose, it's you. i have my last fist fights in video so i can share it once i get home from out of town.

---------- Updated at 03:54 AM ----------

Tips: You could eat food before going on fist fighting. Regenerating effects of food will remain in fist fight and also remains permanent during the match. Hopefully this bug will not be remove by CD Project Red.

Seriously there is a serious bug in King Bandits quest when doing a fist fighting due to invisible wall. So eating food during the match is useful doing that quest. I suggest eat some food 20-30 sec cooldown.

add the troll decoction. it let you regenerate your vitality. i used it on the last fist fight match with the champion of champions

Literally wtf? Geralt can take multiple hits from a golem to the face or survive getting ambushed by drowners, but getting hit a couple of times in the face by common bandits and he dies. Just lol.

I'm currently stuck on the Caberet quest where you need to go to the halflings house and inside there's 2 bandits, they KO me in 3 hits. There is literally no room to move around, you're pretty much stuck and can barely move, parrying doesn't work and counter-attacking doesn't work half of the time either.

Any tips?

The fist fighting in this game beats that in TW1 and 2 hands down. I think it is very good. Easy to grasp, difficult to master.

the enemies in those fighting mini games have basically the same attack styles. however, if you start off letting them just chain punch you, your health will be too low to really attrition your way towards victory. when they start punching and the unresponsive block doesn't work, just mash dodge back twice and wait for them to approach then unleash a few combos and repeat the steps until you win. so the way to win is to position yourself to be able to back off quickly and far to minimize enemy ever touching you. the brawling style relies on responsive blocking/parry and that's just not the case with this game.

It does get a little weird when playing on DM, and Geralt can take like four punches tops from some random dudebro who apparently hits harder than Imlerith in frenzy mode. The hardest fight in the game for me so far: Random fist-fight with an angry elf during the High Stakes quest (second place: Fighting the two brothers to get them to guard the play). Should have just asked some tavern brawlers to come to Kaer Morhen instead, they'd have made short work of the Hunt.

another thread about " am bad a this mechanic , it must be the mechanic fault not mine "

i finished the brawling quest while half sleeping on hard difficulty

l2p

I'm usually not a fan of quick time events (who actually is?)

but I kinda like in The Witcher 2, it's well animated with nice cutscenes and it's still rather exciting.

Would've liked the quck time mechanic better than the current one, I don't have a problem winning brawls but they're just not fun and feel very unresponsive

I agree, its stupid how every single character in the game is way tougher than Geralt in hand-to-hand fights. Which is why I don't do the fistfighting quests, its too much of an immersion killer.

But... the key to winning any fistfight is just countering and then hitting them and jumping back when they can hit you back again, rinse and repeat until they are dead.

That fact that it's better than in W1 and W2 means absolutely NOTHING. It's still awful:
- 100% repetitive
- oppenents' quick punches have a range of 2 times their arm length
- fights start while the screen's still fading in from black

Poorly implemented.
All fights are easy if you manage to avoid the flaws I mentioned.

It's a bit strange since Geralt has super human reflexes yet he can still fail against some random peasant or some old Skellige man.

It's artificial difficulty.

Eh, it's subpar, true, but it's just a minigame, it doesn't exactly have a central role. Aaand it's a massive improvement over the TW3's QTE-fest bullshit anyway.

There are a few situations where you are forced to fight like that and if you fail to do that, you die. So it's not just a minigame.

Anyhow I do like the fighting. For me it only sucks that you also have to move the camera around.

Literally wtf? Geralt can take multiple hits from a golem to the face or survive getting ambushed by drowners, but getting hit a couple of times in the face by common bandits and he dies. Just lol.

I'm currently stuck on the Caberet quest where you need to go to the halflings house and inside there's 2 bandits, they KO me in 3 hits. There is literally no room to move around, you're pretty much stuck and can barely move, parrying doesn't work and counter-attacking doesn't work half of the time either.

Any tips?

You have to be kidding me... You have trouble in fist-fights?!

"Room to move around" -- This is not a sword fight. There's literally no need to dodge, ever.

All you need to do is parry - Punch, parry- Punch, Parry - Punch. Its really easy to parry enemy's STRONG punch and QUICK - Jab.

Are you not playing at 60fps with i7 and 970gtx?

I have to say it, your reaction time is just awful if this is really keeping you from progressing and dedicating an entire thread on this... lol

Top Bottom