Forum - bugs and errors

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure if this has been addressed before it's not like I'm too lazy to look through the thread or anything, but I've encountered this bug a few times.

After I post a response and want to edit it immediately after, the save/advanced editor/cancel buttons all become dead, and I have to either refresh or navigate away from the thread and then re-navigate back to it for the buttons to work when I click "edit post". I'm using the latest version of IE (I'd download Chrome or Mozilla but my tablet doesn't support it -_-) if that helps at all.

I'm not sure if this has been addressed before it's not like I'm too lazy to look through the thread or anything, but I've encountered this bug a few times.

Was it doing this before the 5th, or did it start then? The forums have been a little erratic* over the last week, and that sounds like one of the typical symptoms when the site gets a teensy bit overloaded**. I believe the admin are working on it***

*Tactful understatement
**Ditto
***Soon. It has improved, but still suffering a bit*

It only happened in the past couple of days, yeah. It's still considerably unbuggy compared to other forums I've been on, though. Glad to see CDPRED puts effort into their forums.

The only time I had a massive issue (website crashed my browser) was when I tried to get on here when E3 was going on - specifically when they were releasing gameplay demos of W3 and interviews and such.

Hi!
Who knows how to change the user-name?Once i did it. But in settings is written that "You may change your username as often as you want." I decided to change it but the next point is:
"You have changed your username 1 out of an allowed 1 times.
You have reached your username change limit'

What does it mean?

You're only allowed to chage your name once. Before you change you name the first time, it should say "You may change your username ONLY ONCE." Maybe there's a bug that changes the message to "You may change your username as often as you want" after you've already changed it, but that information is incorrect.

Peculiar thing when browsing the forum:

After refresh the "Earn $30-$300" was gone. I report it just in case, because I refuse to think CDPR is working on putting in ads on the forum :p

Peculiar thing when browsing the forum:

After refresh the "Earn $30-$300" was gone. I report it just in case, because I refuse to think CDPR is working on putting in ads on the forum :p

It's not. Did you by any chance come into the page from a Google Search, and are you using Chrome? It seems to be either something Google are inserting, or something to do with a Chrome extension.

Nope, it's FF, and no access through anything Google-ish. Admittedly I have quite a lot of addons, but it's the first (and only) time it happened to me, so I wouldn't point any of them as culprit.

Nope, it's FF, and no access through anything Google-ish. Admittedly I have quite a lot of addons, but it's the first (and only) time it happened to me, so I wouldn't point any of them as culprit.

Most probably an ad injector .
Once active, the injector can modify the way the user’s browser displays web pages, allowing advertisers to slap their own content onto any website they want – even if it blocks out existing ads or violates a site’s ad policies.
From here http://www.networkworld.com/article...ng-business-with-shady-injector-services.html

Also this .
http://www.benedelman.org/injectors/

Just created my account and ran into issues with the password length. After registration, I went to change my password to one that's 100 in length, which was changed successfully and my logout followed. When trying to login, it wouldn't let me—which I presume the reason is because the maximum password length is like 20(wouldn't work with 30 so I went down 10).

First the option to change your password in User CP should be adjusted to follow the maximum password length. Second, it would be nice if registration, and any places where you can change the password(User CP and forget password), showed all of the password complexity requirements.

Alright, this question is rather unrelated to the topic, but I didn't want to make a separate thread to have it answered. So, how do you move from one staff post to another in a particular thread? Clicking on the "RED" tag near a thread takes you to the first staff post, but how do you jump to other staff posts in that thread?

Alright, this question is rather unrelated to the topic, but I didn't want to make a separate thread to have it answered. So, how do you move from one staff post to another in a particular thread? Clicking on the "RED" tag near a thread takes you to the first staff post, but how do you jump to other staff posts in that thread?

There should be a RED icon in the top right of the RED post you're currently reading. If you click on it, it should take you to the next staff post (if there are any).

I have taken a look around but cannot figure out how to undo my REDpoint and thanks for this post. I actually meant to give said items to the post beneath it, but was confused by how forum posts are laid out and separated here. Really odd choices.

I have taken a look around but cannot figure out how to undo my REDpoint and thanks for this post. I actually meant to give said items to the post beneath it, but was confused by how forum posts are laid out and separated here. Really odd choices.

You can't take them back. Either way it does not matter, the Questions from that thread, have already been asked and answered this morning. So the thread is locked. :)

Am I REALLY dumb or is there smt wrong on my end, I dont get the emoticons window or smt.
I provide photographic evidence:
regular reply

advanced

I dont really get any text editing like bold, itallic nor embeding video, images and urls

Last edited:
Go to Settings in the upper right part of this page.
Go to General Settings (left hand side).
Under Miscellaneous Options look for Message Editor Interface and switch it to Standard Editor or Enhanced Interface.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom