FP VS TP - perspective matters

+

What perspective do YOU want in CP game ?

• FP- First person

Votes: 300 22.9%
  • TP- Third person

Votes: 457 34.9%
  • I must play TP- I have motion sickness GIVE as choice !

Votes: 99 7.6%
  • I do not care

Votes: 131 10.0%
  • I want both!

Votes: 323 24.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
No. FPP would be more immersive, a LOT more immersive, than TPP only if it was VR.
Having to rotate the camera by hovering mouse pointer from one side to the other of the monitor breaks immersion, and breaks it a lot. Also, it's not practical, because you cannot do other things when you are rotating the camera. And with this i mean that you cannot shoot in front of you while you turn camera, because turning camera turns your whole character.

And it is immersive? Oh, yeah? Because you, in reality, turn around the same way, right? Whenever you turn your head, you turn all yourself in that direction?

Oh, please

I'm genuinely curious, in which games can you "shoot in front of view while turning the camera" without any auto-aiming involved? And why whould you need to look at something else than your target while shooting?

Yeah please. Whatever imperfections you have with the control of the perspective are moot. There is no other way because the only perspective of being another character is through their eyes.

Youre knocking it but whats the alternative. a gods eye. a drone. thats not 'you'

Yes, because at the very least it wouldn't have the presumption to be ''immersive'' and, at the same time, would be more cinematic.

The number of people who think CDPR can just "code in" a toggle ane be done with it amazes me.

You may view it that way but the corporate certainly can't and won't. TPP would require a new production pipeline because it brings in an entirely new set of problems requiring an entirely new set of solutions. It would be a feature like any other and it would certainly need to be treated that way by the team. When you are a 4 billion dollar company you can't afford to halfass features.

And seeing that they have specifically designed features around FPP that directly go against the ability to treat TPP as an equal part of the product, it should becomes pretty clear why TPP isn't happening.

That's got nothing to do about immersion. It just that you're obsessed with seeing your character, and you're used to playing in third person as a preference. So you're not seeing things rationally. First person perspective is always more immersive when fov is above 85: you see much more details, the scale of the world is bigger, you can look up or down, etc. It's not even comparable..

In your subjective opinion its not comparable that FP is more immersive. In my subjective opinion its not comparable that TP is more immersive. That is how opinions work. Can you really not accept the fact someone has a different opinion on the subject than you?

FPP allows you to strafe, your head points one way while your body moves another. You can move sideways while you shoot forward

How do I know if my body's fully in cover, though? My shoulder accounts for about 1/3 of the cross-sectional profile facing my enemy when lying prone with a sniper rifle. :(

That's why I said... we need feedback suits to make FPP truly immersive.

And then, Neo... then you must take The Red Pill...

I'm genuinely curious, in which games can you "shoot in front of view while turning the camera" without any auto-aiming involved? And why whould you need to look at something else than your target while shooting?

The answer to the first question is: noone. That's why making it FPP without making it VR is a fail, like i always said.
The answer to the second question is very simple. If you are getting surrounded by enemies, you might want to check on those who are surrounding you, and not only to those in front of you.

immersion of controlling /watching a little sprite on screen via drone camera.
Immersion of actually being the character can only be done through their eyes. their perspective. Not subjective.
There is no debate. My final comment on this. Again, lets talk about your preference of playstyle and why it should be in the game.

I saw some people asking if it's possible to stop the timed dialogue options in the Telltale games and others answered that this would be bad because in real life, conversations aren't that way and this would be weird.
Guess what? I don't care. The lack of time to thinking about the situation and give the nuances and appropriate responses that my characters would give annoyed me to no end. I don't play the Telltale games because of this single reason.

Some people are unable to imagine that other gamers don't want that level of immersion and that it hurt their gamestyles. I don't want to react to the world, I want my characters reacting.

I have listened to an interview with Angry Joe. Well I don`t think that if you play FP you are more dived into process. As for me when I create a character I don`t care whenever it is FP or TP. I am still in the story, but I like TP from visual point of view.

I do trust CDPR though. Time will show.

P.S. All mentioned above is only my opinion.

T
Lets not go comparing CDPR to literally the worst company in the world, I want TPP, really strongly. But EA are leaps and bounds ahead in terms of a horrible company that disrespects its customers.=
They did not start out this way.

I'm old enough to remember times when EA were one of the best companies and were even advocating reducing game prices because 60$ is too expensive. And look at them now - they went full Paplatine on us over the years.

Such changes do not happen overnight.

T

They did not start out this way.

I'm old enough to remember times when EA were one of the vlbest comapanies and were even advocating reducing game prices because 60$ is too expensive. And look at them now - they went full Paplatine on us over the years.

Such changes do not happen overnight.

EA Sports. ITS IN THE GAME. I 'member!

The number of people who think CDPR can just "code in" a toggle ane be done with it amazes me.

You may view it that way but the corporate certainly can't and won't. TPP would require a new production pipeline because it brings in an entirely new set of problems requiring an entirely new set of solutions. It would be a feature like any other and it would certainly need to be treated that way by the team. When you are a 4 billion dollar company you can't afford to halfass features.

And seeing that they have specifically designed features around FPP that directly go against the ability to treat TPP as an equal part of the product, it should becomes pretty clear why TPP isn't happening.

Which is why I suggest they let modders have the source code and let the Great Red Army get to work! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

FPP allows you to strafe, your head points one way while your body moves another. You can move sideways while you shoot forward

That is NOT what i meant. In reality you can still shoot in front of you while turning your head, in games you CAN'T.

And that is why FPP can NEVER be immersive, unless is VR (which, in facts, allows you to do so)

You're generalizing big time. I very much prefer FP in games, but I can enjoy third person games like Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Witcher.. because they are good games. I'm not going to bother Naughty Dog to make TLOU2 a FP game, I'm gonna accept the way things are and try to enjoy the game. You should probably do the same..
I will probably play this game, but for me there is a huge minus, that I can not see my character 80% of the game :(
In addition, three of my favorite games are all from a third-person (TLOU, The Witcher 3 and RDR) :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom