FPS Drop with RTX 2080

+
Hello,

I am having a major issue with the game I recently bought a new pc "Omen by HP 2019 17-Inch Gaming Laptop, Intel i7-9750H Processor, NVIDIA RTX 2080 8 GB, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB SSD & 1 TB HDD, VR Ready, Windows 10 Home (17-cb0050nr, Black)" and as you can tell its quite a beefy machine.

I have been playing Witcher 3 for weeks now and after I dispatched Whoreson Junior, my FPS performance tanked. I have reinstalled the game 4 time now an I cannot seem to get to the bottom of the issue.

I will outline the issue

1. When I launch the game as you can see during the main menu I am getting 145 FPS and generally I am getting 130 while playing in the middle of Novigrad even.
1569186536538.png

2. Upon loading my latest save loading/story telling screen is generally at 33 FPS.

3. Once loading is done I will get any were from 2-40 FPS and performance will be horrendous, being literally unplayable. (I tried to fast travel to a different location and that did not help)

1569186855912.png

I am hoping someone from technical support would be able to assist me. I love the game very much and I would like to experience the game to it's conclusion.

I would be more than happy to provide any information needed to get to the bottom of this issue.

Did you install any mods or overclock your CPU/GPU/RAM?

In general, I would recommend checking out this thread:

Other than that, in this thread with a similar problem the solution was installing an older GPU driver version:

Top Bottom