FRAMES PROBLEM

+
Hello guys.
I have some serious problem with the frames displaying.
Specs:
CPU - i7 7700K 4,2Ghz
GPU - MSI GeForce GTX 1080 GAMING X 8GB GDDR5X (256 bit)
RAM - HyperX Predator RGB, DDR4, 16 GB,3200MHz, CL16
OS - Windows 10 Home
Hard Drives -
Dysk SSD Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB M.2 PCIe x4 NVMe
Seagate Barracuda 1 TB 3.5" SATA III
Motherboard - MSI Z270 GAMING PLUS
Screen -
Asus VG248QE
Philips 246V5LHAB

I was playing The Witcher trilogy recently. When I have started to play The Witcher 3, I did notice that something is wrong with my frames.
As it is mentioned above, I have the 144Hz monitor and the problem is, that the computer calculates and produces all frames correctly, but does not show some of them. Due to that, the gameplay is not smooth, regardless the FPS value (I have at least 60 all the time).
To avoid future misunderstandings I want to mention, that in The Witcher 2, 60 FPS looked like 60 FPS - the gameplay was smooth.
However the problem does not affect only The Witcher 3.

I was trying to do multiple soultions, but none of them helped. Here is the full list of them:
- Changing the game settings
- Reconfiguring Nvidia settings
- Graphic driver reinstallation
- OS reinstallation
- Turning On/Off Windows features (like DVR, game mode, etc.)
- Sfc scanning
- Installing the game on onther hard drives (including HDD/SSD)
- Turning off the Steam overlay
- Updating the OS
- Observing the hardware usage/temperature (everyting was fine)
- Resetting BIOS settings

I think it's good to mention that the issue occurred suddenly. I don't think I have changed anything that would cause it.
If You have any other solution, please write it down in the comment. I would like to fix it as soon as possible.

Did you check out existing threads? For example:

In case you are playing with TW3 mods, that can be a part of the problem too.

Close every non-essential background application. Especially programs with overlay feature can affect the game in a negative way.

Be careful when playing with resolutions higher than HD - even for good PCs playing in 4K can be tricky.

Sometimes, rolling back to a different gpu driver version is the best way to go (for example, Nvidia v399)

Setting your monitor's refresh rate to 120 Hz or 60 Hz might also help with the frame-timing. I'd recommend setting a Frame Limit a little below the refresh if it still seems to "flicker" frames. (You can manually set any value by editing the user.settings file and changing LimitFPS=xx to the desired value.)

Generally, I use 60 for everything, Vsync on. Capping frames to 58 will often smooth over any stutters and decrease input lag, if it feels like the mouse is "dragging". For TW3, I actually run at 48 FPS -- gorgeous performance.

Hey, I had the same problem, even though fps was 120+ the game felt horribly choppy. I noticed that when I only hold W and run everything is fluid like it's supposed to be, but the slightest move with the mouse would make it look like it runs 30 fps all of a sudden.

The problem was fixed after I lowered the "in game mouse sensitivity" to the minimum (0.1) and bumped my mouse dpi settings. After trying out a lot of stuff with graphic settings and drivers I couldn't believe that this actually fixed the problem entirely.

Hey, I had the same problem, even though fps was 120+ the game felt horribly choppy. I noticed that when I only hold W and run everything is fluid like it's supposed to be, but the slightest move with the mouse would make it look like it runs 30 fps all of a sudden.

The problem was fixed after I lowered the "in game mouse sensitivity" to the minimum (0.1) and bumped my mouse dpi settings. After trying out a lot of stuff with graphic settings and drivers I couldn't believe that this actually fixed the problem entirely.

Another avenue to look at. Gaming mice that come with customizable software suites can fudge with the calls the mouse is making. That can affect performance or create input weirdness. If you solved it that way, greatness! Another option would be to uninstall the 3rd-party drivers and use the mouse UPnP. (Although this may cost some of the cool functionality.)

Top Bottom