Frequent hiccups with temporary black screens

+
Frequent hiccups with temporary black screens

Hello,

I have the Problem that my version of Witcher 2 Enhanced Edition completely stops working every other minute for a few seconds, resulting in a black screen and an apparent texture reload right afterwards.

Here is my dxdiag.

Here are my game settings.

The GPU drivers have been updated yesterday. A temperature check with HWMonitor revealed nothing extraordinary, with the GPU reaching 90°C and the CPU cores reaching ~70°C each, and the case and coolers have been cleaned very recently.

It takes a while to occur for the first time, but after that it happens frequently. I also had a similar problem with Skyrim when I reinstalled it, it would throw me back to desktop without any error message after running around in the world for a bit. Interestingly I had no problems with it during one session.

Additionally even the lighting in the Dark Mod map Crystal Grave at one point caused a severe drop in framerate, but I haven't checked yet if the problem persists.

I'm very confused by all this.

Sounds like overheating or something...

How do you monitor the temps? If you check temps after a crash, the GPU will have cooled down a bit so you don't get an accurate reading - but if the 90c is at the exact time of the failure, then the issue must lie elsewhere.

Top Bottom