Full Respec

+
I shoot a guy 15 times in the face. He's still moving around like Redbull gave him wings. I superhero land from three stories up, smash the ground, cars explode as blades spring my arms and slice people apart. A guy shoots me 15 times in the face. I inhale my asthma medication and suddenly it's all Bushido and Chill as I go back to the murder. Police see me shoot a dude in the face and it's all good, but then I drive to close to the sidewalk and tap a dude with my motorcycle and suddenly three drones just magically appear while more police just appear from the festering stink hole of Night City's hoop and you'd think I was Hitler reborn with the way hunt me with a reckless abandon...

Honestly, I'm way beyond giving a flying turd in the air about how half my brain and all my limbs grow back just because I popped a respec pill.

No, that would be dumb. The basic starting gear would have to be automatically equipped when you respec.
That would be keeping it to the base game. You want to replace your arm with metal? Cool. Oh you can't operate that metal anymore well you can't just put your original arm back on. Ya ya, video game blah blah. Just outlining how the actual rules work for Cyberpunk

That's not really how cyberware works. You get a cyber-arm, respec and all of a sudden you have no arm or legs and half your brain is missing because you don't have the right stats?
That's not an issue....for the purposes of the game no cyberware just means you have your plain regular human limbs....and it's a game....there is no real issue with just removing cyberware from your character. For all intents and purposes as far as the game is concerned cyberware functionally works like any other piece of clothing or wear or weapon that you can replace or remove without any real issues and since you can only respec at a ripper-doc anyway, it's even less of an issue.
Post automatically merged:

aside of the question how you get your bilogical legs back if you spec out of your cyberware, the issue that respecing attributes makes attibute checks irrelevant has not and can not be dealt with. it can only be ignored ;)
The cost to respec your character is a VERY substantial 100k that cannot be easily replaced and there are a lot mission areas you can't return to after the mission. So if someone really wants to respec just to return to some of the areas still locked and still available in the open world then why not? Most of what you find in the locked areas is rarely spectacular anyway....most of the legendary stuff is found in open areas without any skill checks so you'd be very hard pressed to justify spending 100k for a few extra rooms' worth of random junk....extremely unlikely to be worth the cost.

Last edited:
Yeah I was wondering that myself. I guess not. Seems like a staple feature for rpg's, then again there is so much missing from this game it doesn't surprise me.

Top Bottom