Game Chat Request Thread

+
Game Chat Request Thread

At least having the option would be nice, maybe the option to ignore the opponent if it gets too heated?

I know this is targeted at a more younger audience but still, it would be nice.

Pretty please with:sadtriss:eek:n top ?

I'd really like a chat, but I fear they won't include one, just like in other card games, because too many people are toxic, probably even in a cdpr game.:sadtriss:An option to mute the opponent would be just perfect though.

Last edited:
Pretty please with:sadtriss:eek:n top ?
I don't want a sad Triss on top, even a plain cherry is better than that! Anyway, some kind of communication was confirmed. Most likely, along the veins of HS emotes rather than full text chat. You don't really want to spend your limited time per turn to enter and read text. Not to mention, things can get very annoying fast. Even HS emotes can be very annoying sometimes...

No hs something, i would like to have normal chat, (of course with option to disable it). If it will be too toxic in beta then it can be removed in full game, but if it will pass the exam then why not?

Last edited:
No hs something, i would like to have normal chat, (of course with option to disable it). If it will be too toxic in beta then it can be removed in full game, but if it will pass the exam then why not?
Full text chat can be problematic with all the different languages and cross play, console users may cry foul. And it can have further implications down the road when erm... the screen is smaller or get cluttered.
:hope:

Games like Clash Royale and Hearthstone have a simple emote system, and I think something like that will always have a place in card games. Opponents can really only say so much to each other without it becoming distracting or abusive, so limiting chat to "Hello!" "Great play!" and such is probably a wise decision. I know in Hearthstone, everyone thinks emoting at your opponent can be trolling, but it's still better than the alternative of having my opponent try to get under my skin through chat. Certainly I can mute my opponent, but I'd rather not have to. The emotes and reactions feel more human... I've been playing against a computer in Gwent for too long!

Also, for consoles, I don't want to ever have to type.

mjul

Forum veteran
Nah, I must agree with people here. Real chat would be a shitstorm no company would ever want to deal with. Too much abuse, too much vitriol, too much immature people saying "Yo mamma so fat!" and other such things. Keep it it to emotes if you have to.

Nah, I must agree with people here. Real chat would be a shitstorm no company would ever want to deal with. Too much abuse, too much vitriol, too much immature people saying "Yo mamma so fat!" and other such things. Keep it it to emotes if you have to.

This, but also, I wouldn't want my opponent to be saying mindgame stuff like "I hope you don't have a scorch!" and "Yes, keep playing cards! yes! That's what I want you to do!"

An option to mute the opponent would be just perfect though.

This should be there with any system either emotes or chat system.

Toxic comments is a problem, but I guess an option to chat with friends should be there.
Chatting during a game can be a problem.

Maybe the devs can give a system which penalises, people who friend other, spew nonsense and immediately unfriend them ie hearthstone. :D

Yeah, allowing for chatting would be a very bad idea. The focus should be kept on the game at hand, with no trash talk and no bluffing other than bluff arising from the actual plays.
Personally, I'm only interested in chatting with my (real) friends, but surely I'll still be able to do it simply by having them in my "party" (talking about PS4). That's all I want, no more.

I'd actually like to say and hear mind-game stuff. It would be a good fit with the overall bluffing theme of Gwent.

I understand why CDPR won't go for it though.

mjul

Forum veteran
I'd actually like to say and hear mind-game stuff. It would be a good fit with the overall bluffing theme of Gwent.

I understand why CDPR won't go for it though.

I'm the same, I wouldn't mind mind games. :p But I can't find a way to allow that and not allow the harassment and abuse from irate people. Which is a shame.

Do we think there will be a way to direct message someone, though? For a "good game with igni Geralt there at the end?" type comments? Whether it be through steam, xbox DMs, party chat, etc.

Do we think there will be a way to direct message someone, though? For a "good game with igni Geralt there at the end?" type comments? Whether it be through steam, xbox DMs, party chat, etc.

I'm sure steam won't, as I don't know any steam game which features a way of direct messaging aside from steam messages. And those require adding someone first. :/

I'm the same, I wouldn't mind mind games. :p But I can't find a way to allow that and not allow the harassment and abuse from irate people. Which is a shame.

I personally think that's a terrible Idea to have that system in the game.
Some people dont want to talk or have someone talk to them whilst playing.

Although I'd be more than open to the idea of a Special Mind Games Allowed Tournament or Discord with Friends Matches :)

I pretty much like Blizzards system in Hearthstone:

-6 Standard emotes: Can be like "gg" "oops" "well played" etc.
-Option to "add last enemy to friends" if he accepts it, you can talk with him in a "normal" chat :D

However the System that is in Rocketleague is also nice:

-You can talk to whoever you like in game
-However you can change the settings to: "Voice chat: Off / only friends / everyone // Text Chat: Off / only friends/ everyone"
-You can mute certain people

So I don't really care how it will look like in the end, but I really like these two that I just explained :)

In the end you never know if your enemy is lying or no. "Well played" (Text or Emote system) in round 1 can mean "I have that great of a hand. I already won" or the person is just pretending to have such a hand :p

When you first open the game I think we should be given the option to enable or disable chat by default, which can of course be changed in the settings. Those who want to talk gets to talk, those who doesn't want to talk, don't need to.

I don't understand why everyone's so afraid of in game chat, it's on every other mp game you've ever played right?

Chat in online mp games is an essential part of the competition.

Sometimes you meet like minded, interesting and intelligent people in games.

If someone's trash talking you and you're getting all 'fight or flight' just mute them, or if you're that way inclined, come back at them with some wit.

It shouldn't be taken out of a game altogether because some people can't deal with interaction

At least adding some smileys or good game or great move would be a nice idea, i don't think we can find a very toxic players on Gwent

It's better to be able to just say good game or that wasn't fair at the end of the game , because i don't think we can focus on the game while talking too..

Top Bottom