Game Issues Thread

+
  • Sometimes after rolling on investigation cards, the action log shows the informative message "failed roll for: SUCCESS".
  • At one point, the golden glow effect around my good fortune cards (down on the right) showed up on top of the cards, that is the card was completely yellow.
  • Something similiar happened when drawing a monster card, but then the glow was just much stronger, it was almost solid yellow (although behind the card as it should).

I also had the problem with yellow glowing cards as Jave_.
Once a good fortune card appeared using the back of a foul fate card.
Once when playing one of Yarpen's helper, the one that let's roll a dice to get investigation, I rolled the transformation dice, the one that let's exchange a sword for a shield, but the game wouldn't allow me to declare success. I rolled the same dice in another opportunity and got a success.
Also, consequences was written consqeuences on the quest example in the tutorial.

Attachments

• WAB beta1.jpg
    WAB beta1.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 63
Game lobby often gets up to 4 or even 5 players and refuses to start, indicating more people are joining, nothing happens, have to hit the MM lobby a few times to get it going.
The game will often disconnect and there is no option to return or rejoin the game.
The game will occasionally hang on placing the dice rolls into the slots, game becomes unresponsive and needs a restart. With no way to rejoin a game it's fairly sad when this happens.
The game seems to not function very reliably with touch screen input either, it will not respond or object will fail to be selected properly (not that I really expect that in such an early release of the game).

The game (other than occasionally hanging) seems quite good, runs well, looks and sounds great and seems very interesting, however the match making, lobby and inability to reconnect to games or establish a friends list for private games makes it almost unplayable though. I am yet to finish a single game as once something happens, there is no way to get back in. Very, very often a game with start with 4 players and fire down to 2 players over a 30 minute period, before my client then has a problem and the game is over.

I am basically going to wait a week or so for something to be done about the lobby system or a reconnect feature, possibly even an AI patch to negate all that for testing purposes. Until then, it's far too frustrating to even attempt playing, for me anyway.

Adding a reconnect feature would make the game significantly more playable, particularly at this early stage, its almost not even reasonable to test the game properly. I expect most people have already suggested this, but yeah, me too.

1. When you put shield or sword in appropriate place during fight you cannot take it back. I think player should have chance to do anything he wants with dices until he press End Fight.
2. One from Investigatin Cards had information "Use random <magnifier> to..." and it didnt ask to choose a color but take random color away immidiately (it was the color which was needed to finish quest)
3. I had 0 gold and i got card/monster which said that i need to spend 1 gold. There was an animation which suggest gold is taken from me dispite the fact that i had 0 before. So i had 0 before and 0 after this action (no punishment). I think there should be other punishment when player did not meet given requirements.

I just remembered one more thing, not sure if it should be here or in the "Feedback"-thread;
Travel is the only option which you can cancel. I accidentaly clicked "develop" instead of "prepare" (triss) but could not go back. Would be nice with a cancel button for all options, at least before actually drawing the cards.

During the battle at the end of the turn, when i'm putting the results on the slots one of the dices stucks in the middle of the screen. I cannot move it to any position nor end the turn. I was unable to continue. Had to quit.

Quick note about the dice - you can also just click on the "roll dice" caption. I didn't even know there was a way to do it differently.

When playing with Yarpen, I use "a package from nenneke" card to cure 2 wounds. I was able to cure one on my personnal action but not the one on my extra wound slot... and the game still wainting for the second wound to cure. So I was blocked and I leave the game (because I can't do anything else) :(

I forget the name of the card but there's a Fate(Good Fortune) card that gives you an extra action upon discarding the card; the extra action can be one that you've already used in that same turn.

This is true, but if he had used it, the card would have shown in the activity log on the right; no good fortune cards were played in his turn.

This is true, but if he had used it, the card would have shown in the activity log on the right; no good fortune cards were played in his turn.

"Hooded Traveler"

EDIT: Forget what I said, I should read before answering ^^

Last edited:
Well, it was the first time I was able to play with 3 other people...
During 1st turn one of the oponents left (he was 3rd with Dandelion, i was 4th with Triss). I made my move: choose main quest, pay to finish one of subquests and travel - after travel there was immediately next turn, I couldn't perform second move, battle anything or draw foul fate card. At the beginning of 2nd turn we all lost our VP, but quests were marked as done. And when it was my turn I couldn't perform any action at all. All buttons were dead. I could only leave the game.

Well, it was the first time I was able to play with 3 other people...
During 1st turn one of the oponents left (he was 3rd with Dandelion, i was 4th with Triss). I made my move: choose main quest, pay to finish one of subquests and travel - after travel there was immediately next turn, I couldn't perform second move, battle anything or draw foul fate card. At the beginning of 2nd turn we all lost our VP, but quests were marked as done. And when it was my turn I couldn't perform any action at all. All buttons were dead. I could only leave the game.

I can confirm it, because I was there. Only Kahna was affected. The rest not.

Multiple times tonight, during the matchmaking screen the screen flickered and the background image turns solid white. On the first occasion, I was stuck in a never ending lobby, after that I exited the game every time it has happened since. I am trying to replicate the issue consistently, but have failed so far.

On Geralt's "Petri's Philtre" card there is a small typo: It says "... you cannot use any ther potion card ..."
The order of colors in the choose investigation deck screen is different from the one in bottom of the interface (red, purple, blue instead of purple, blue, red).
When entering a private lobby's name, special characters like "_" won't show up in the lobby's name. However other players need to enter the lobby name with those special characters included, to be able to join.
When a player TABs out of the game and reenters when another player has just finished his turn, sometimes he may choose from leads which belong to the other player's destination.
There is a small glitch when choosing an XP card in a battle:
View attachment 5312

Attachments

• Witcher bug_small.jpg
    Witcher bug_small.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 46
Last edited:
Rare Bug, but very annoying

When playing Yarpen (maybe others too?) there is a problem with resting.
Condition: You have one light wound and one heavy in Yarpens extra wound slots. You have one light wound on some action (I had it on travel) and maybe few heavy wounds on other actions. You try to rest (heal two light or one heavy wound) and chose the light wound on the action.
Problem: The game still asks you to heal another wound, but the only light wound left is in the extra slot and you cannot chose it. The game doesn't let you continue in any other way than leave the game...
Just ran into that bug. Had 2 normal wounds in wound slots, 1 normal and 1 severe on action slots.

TL;DR: Bug: Yarpen's wound slots not selectable with Rest, player unable to proceed and must quit.

Last edited:
Hi All,
First of all I am really enjoying the game and I am enjoying participating making the game better , I had a problem during a battle with Nilfgaardian card , I succeed in attack and failed in defense but I cannot exit the battle as there is no more possibilities button to push, I am not able to reproduce this problem should I open a bug?
View attachment 5345

Attachments

• stuck.jpg
    stuck.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 52
Top Bottom