Game registration - problems and solutions here

+
I registered my copy of the game a while ago . But in July I bought a new PC together with Vista. Is it possible to re register the game to my account for the new pc?

mahosfactory said:
I have the same problem, "Connection could not be made with the server", I have registred my game but I don't Install Ee because the server is not connected.. Is the server Bussy?
same problem for me.XP 32 bits

Well, is it just a server bandwith issue where I can keep trying and there's a chance it'll go through or is the server down and we shouldn't waste our time till it goes back up?

Impurity said:
I registered my copy of the game a while ago . But in July I bought a new PC together with Vista. Is it possible to re register the game to my account for the new pc?
Same. And I got The Witcher back when my computer couldn't even handle it just to support CD Project as much as possible (seriously considering buying EE as well). And now when I'm trying to register the stupid thing can't connect to the server. :mad:I've been waiting for this day since the game first came out. And today I've been trying to download the patch for five hours. And when it finally is down I get this... :wall:
Impurity said:
retry until it works guys, there are millions trying to get things working :)
So basicly your answer to the overloaded server is for everyone to spam until it works? :pÜbereil

guess it serves us right for waiting this long to register. i should have maybe tried to register on monday this week. as friday was always gonna be a busy day.

enablerbr said:
guess it serves us right for waiting this long to register. i should have maybe tried to register on monday this week. as friday was always gonna be a busy day.
I registered in Febuary... :(Übereil

Is it possible (yet) to register the game without using the in-game registration applet? My 'net PC (this one, obviously ;) ) is not my gaming PC, where the game is installed.

:(Trying to register my cd, when I use the shortcut on the autorun program, I enter my username and password but then it just says "cannot connect to server" all the time. Isn't there a link on the website that will let me register the cd?Between this and not being able to download the patches or the language files, this is not going smoothly!

registered it a while ago too... Change of motherbord since then, so reinstalled my OS ;)I would have known that I would have saved the needed registry info.

I was having the same issues due to having the reinstall the game after an hard disc failure.But I just registered the game and I'm currently installing the patch.If it is of any help, i ran the registration with register.exe while having ie7 set as my default browser.

The error message has changed to InternetExeption 12057. What does it mean, and how do I fix it? And still, can I reregister my copy on this computer?Übereil

I´ve already registered the witcher for a long time ago on a computer that i don't have anymore. Does this mean I will be totally unable to install the enhanced edition?Because that would suck. How was i supposed to know that? Yes I'm stupid, I though the installer would check your profile or something."Q: Do I have to install the patch on the same computer I used to activate the game?A: Yes, you must install the patch on the same computer you used to activate the game because the verification process must be able to reference the necessary registry entries."

Hi there!Well - no...IF you still got your original game manual containing the CD key, you can justre-install The Witcher on your new PC. Afterwards, re-register it by typing in your account name and password, followedby your CD-Key.As a result, the EE patch installer will be able to identify a Windows registry keytelling it that you own a legitimate copy...If you do not have your game key anymore, just see my thread ---> http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=16803.0 (I encountered that problem)and feel free to join in... :beer:

Ubereil said:
Cool. But how to get past the InternetExeption 12057?Übereil
Aye. Good question (by the way a google serach points here :D)On a second thought, it seems the forum server time is not correct (ie it was 14:57 when I first made this post and it shows 15:05) maybe the problem is there...

Kinlaadare said:
Aye. Good question (by the way a google serach points here :D)
Well, not here. It points to an older thread at this site (where it doesn't get answered either).Übereil

Top Bottom