Game running really bad for anyone after the patch?

+
Game running really bad for anyone after the patch?

Reinstalled the game today for the expansion and the performance is terrible, playing on all max besides shadows, 20-25 fps in novigrad down to low 30's in the wild, was pretty smooth before didn't even experience these kind of drops with the more heavier reshade profiles. I only just break 40 fps in novigrad putting everything to low and that is with no people in the streets.

i5 4460
8gb

I have to say I haven't noticed anything at all regarding performance. It was always pretty great for me, even when I was using my 760 card, now with the 980 Ti, "the sky is the limit" lol.

Have you tried driver upgrade too? Verifying Cache (never know)...

Reinstalled the game today for the expansion and the performance is terrible, playing on all max besides shadows, 20-25 fps in novigrad down to low 30's in the wild, was pretty smooth before didn't even experience these kind of drops with the more heavier reshade profiles. I only just break 40 fps in novigrad putting everything to low and that is with no people in the streets.

i5 4460
8gb

If using GOG Galaxy, go to More-manage and click verify/repair or when updating for that matter. Make sure your User.ini is not set to 'read-only' before clicking verify/repair/updating. If there is anything missing/changes made or not ,you will see a pop up letting you know. If you had tweaked settings in your User.ini go check that everything is still the same or not. re-check read-only so that any tweaks you make aren't overwritten. (If you're already aware of this, carry on)

Another thing, GOG ver. as well. Look in your Witcher 3 directory/bin/x64 if you see d3dx11.dll, remove it. If your paranoid, copy and paste it to somewhere safe before deleting. Let me know if any of that helps!

*I'd double check any place you had mods/reshade installed, re-check your User.ini - Also, silly as it may sound, make sure all of your graphic settings are the same/compare to your ini.

Steam also has a function of verify/repair. If none of that works I would try doing a fresh install. Again, make sure your User.ini is not set to read-only while verify/repair. Another thing you might try is deleting your User.ini, when you fire up the game it will set/reset everything to default - As it's supposed to be per the 1.10 patch. Good luck!

Last but not least - IMO, the game looks better, with that and other changes and improvements will come a performance hit. What you speak of sounds like something else however. I almost forgot, double check Nvidia control panel - Have you recently updated any drivers?

ETA - When was the last time you played? They have been tweaking with every patch and this could easily be playing a part in your performance drop. Go in game and use a monitoring program like MSI afterburner and look at your CPU/GPU utilization. Since patch 1.10, Witcher 3 CPU utilization has been higher compared to previous patches (in my experience)
GPU has always been high, at times it makes my 980 sweat!

For reference - Nivida 353.30 drivers. GTX 980, 8gb RAM and i5-4670k and I cannot maintain 60 at all times, use a tweaked Ultra 'Shadowmapresolution at 2048' and I get dips down to low 50's depending on NPC count, weather, location etc.

Last edited:
Top Bottom