Game won't even start with the new patch

+
Game won't even start with the new patch

So after downloading the new patch, the game wouldn't even start, so I thought; ok new patch, mods aren't compatible maybe... deleted the whole mods folder, still doesn't start, doesn't even pop out any error, just doesn't start, when I hit play, the little steam bubble pops out saying it's preparing to launch the game, and then it just goes on like nothing happened.

Send halp please... :scaredpeasant:

So after downloading the new patch, the game wouldn't even start, so I thought; ok new patch, mods aren't compatible maybe... deleted the whole mods folder, still doesn't start, doesn't even pop out any error, just doesn't start, when I hit play, the little steam bubble pops out saying it's preparing to launch the game, and then it just goes on like nothing happened.

Send halp please... :scaredpeasant:
- remove ini tweaks if you had any
- verify game cache using Steam
- run the game as an administrator.

already tried all that, has no effect
So what happens if you run exe without the overlay?
EDIT: One more thing you can try is a clean drivers installation. There are reports that the lates NVIDIA drivers cause problems with Witcher, so you might want also to try an older version. Just remember to clean install them.

Last edited:
sorted it out, I had to update the VC redist package 2013 and sort out some mods after that

Top Bottom