Gameplay Demo - Your Suggestion/Feedback Thread

+
Yeah exactly what I said in my post earlier, especially the Shotgun. The IMPACT and the Satisfying feel you get was missing. Ofc we haven't played the game, but by the looks of it I could tell. For Inspiration I'd say take a look at DOOM or Rage 2 which is coming out, Its shotgun Power has the OOOmph!

I think visually, the impact of the shotgun was definitely there (the entire half of the body exploding in a burst of blood and guts is sufficient visual impact imho). What was really missing was the sound effects. The shotgun in Cyber2077 is futuristic, but it sounds very tamed compared to what we're used to with shotguns. If they can change the audio effect to something louder and a bit more monstrous that would create a lot of impact for the shotgun!

What I really liked in this demo is that it was so unpredictable, I mean the plot and what is going to happen next. In example when V was buying that bot from Scavengers. It was so intense and you don't have any idea how the deal is goes. Music has very big part of this and at least in Demo it was great!

What I really liked in this demo is that it was so unpredictable, I mean the plot and what is going to happen next. In example when V was buying that bot from Scavengers. It was so intense and you don't have any idea how the deal is goes. Music has very big part of this and at least in Demo it was great!

I agree completely, This was ONE full quest, but it had so many twists and turns. It was very complex, and choice driven which I loved. I especially love the end part where the narrator explained the other options if you had taken them, what would have happened? So Cool!

I mean, now I'm just brainstorming!

In his one, we met the Corp , took the chip, paid Royce, but that chip had a virus so we had to fight our way through?

what if ..
What if you didn't even meet the Corp agent and paid your way to buy the bot and got that for dex?
Or never met the corp and stole the bot?
or never met the corp and fought your way through to get the bot yourself?
or met the corp took the chip, but informed royce about the virus and then got the bot by paying?
or met the corp , took the chip and informed royce about the virus, took the bot and then shot his head off? (Gamescom demo)
or met the corp and fought with her, and then moved to maelstorm gang?

I mean, even this is all just quest choices, I'm not even talking gameplay here...

Gameplay wise, from what I know, You can shoot your way through with different weapons, you can do it all stealthily , you can non lethally stealth take down them all, you can hack them, you can sneak your way through to steal it, you can use your mantis blades and climb your way in and melee kill them all , you can throw holy grenades in and hope to god it kills them all.... I mean the more I think about it, the bigger it gets.

and This is just ONE QUEST!

Hats Off CDPR!

P.S. And this is all what I know from the demo, God knows how many other things and ways and options are hidden in the game to do this quest, this is almost hitman lol!

I write this because I believe in you guys and I see how much importance you give to feedback and I adore that you reply!
This might sound not so important for many, but I must say that If you guys want to create a trully immersive RPG, you have to take care of your NPC's. I beg you CD Projekt Red, please add a great variety on NPC's.
You guys set the line very high and I believe you can meet all of our expectations, and one of the greatest bars you've raised, is to create a HUGE open world. But as you do this, you need to never forget all the NPC's you need to add, I believe everyone would like to see places on Night City where we would get to encounter massive crouds with a lot of NPC's, and I believe that as a massive city with such diverse people, there should be a wide variety of people. There should be an investment over creating diferent a whole bunch of diverse people.

One thing that I always struggle with open world games is how I keep seeing the same people over and over again. I know it might be a little hard to create a lot of different NPC's but I believe that would totally raise the bar again.

Im going to leave an example of this same NPC that I saw over again, Screenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.pngScreenshot_3.png
I know you are still on development but I just wanted to point that out because it seems that all game developers and specially those making open world games, have always had that issue on me, but I have faith in you CD Projekt Red.

Thanks, as far as I see, you're promising to be making one incredible game!

Hey! Just want to start and say im a huge fan of you guys (and gals) at CD Project Red! I just wanted to say that i have been watching your gameplay reveal video, and so far the game looks amazing. I just wanted to point out that the guy talking while the game is beeing played, sais that you are trying to make the game as realistic as possible. So i just want to point out something i noticed, that made the game not feel real. In the video, you use the slow motion skill, and first shot the legs of a gang member. He then yells «Jesus christ my legs». That voice keeps going even after you shoot his head off. I just want to tell you, that you should program that the voices of anyone in the game cuts off/stops at the same time a head gets blown/cut/ripped off.
Other than that! You guys/gals are making an amazing game! Can’t wait to play it!

Last edited:
I have to tell that when I watched this gameplay footage I was completely in it, I have felt something that I felt when for the first time I watched Half Life 2 trailer before 10 years or more. I know that you guys, in CD Pr. Red you make things by your 💓-ts thats why you will always succeed! The game looks beautiful and I want to enter in!

Couple more thoughts

- The character lip syncing was not very good. Looks very outdated. I realize the game will be sold in many languages but if the lips are meant to speak english then it should look more realistic.
- Facial animations not very good. The facial animations did not convey the tone of the voice in the few sequences you could see the other person talking.
- Objects "disappearing" because you magically picked them up (e.,g. gun, jacket, etc) is very old-gen. For a truly next gen game we should see our character interacting with objects in the world.
- This has been mentioned somewhat. The people walking around all move at same speed, are same height and same gate (walk cadence). Almost all I could tell were swinging their arms the same way. in reality, especially cyberpunk world, EVERYONE WOULD BE LOOKING AT THEIR PHONES even while walking.
- We really don't need to see genitals in character creation. We know what they look like, and we get that the game is mature game, but it's GRATUITOUS and unnecessary. Unless it's something you can configure, it doesn't need to be flaunted.
- Please re-do Jackie's voice. No Mexican voice, use Russian or something more serious tone. That actor is too "cartoony" sounding.

SIDE NOTE:

- The netrunner, t-bug, sounds a lot like the actress (Debra Wilson) who voiced Grace Walker in Wolfenstein 2. Anyone else notice this?
Lol no, it will have full frontal nudity ( including penis, vagina,etc...)

Hey! Just want to start and say im a huge fan of you guys (and gals) at CD Project Red! I just wanted to say that i have been watching your gameplay reveal video, and so far the game looks amazing. I just wanted to point out that the guy talking while the game is beeing played, sais that you are trying to make the game as realistic as possible. So i just want to point out something i noticed, that made the game not feel real. In the video, you use the slow motion skill, and first shot the legs of a gang member. He then yells «Jesus christ my legs». That voice keeps going even after you shoot his head off. I just want to tell you, that you should program that the voices of anyone in the game cuts off/stops at the same time a head gets blown/cut/ripped off.
Other than that! You guys/gals are making an amazing game! Can’t wait to play it!

I can actually explain that to you. Because everything but you slowed down at that moment, everything he said was said before his head was blown out just the sound didn't reach you on time as it was slowed down as well :D

One thing that I always struggle with open world games is how I keep seeing the same people over and over again. I know it might be a little hard to create a lot of different NPC's but I believe that would totally raise the bar again.

Not exactly a new issue, I recall a screenshot of TW3 where 7 clones of the same generic NPC are seen on the streets of Novigrad at once. It could still be improved in the final version, but the game does have to run on consoles, and this kind of detail might be a relatively low priority.

Hi, it looks great, well done. However at the end of the gameplay demo V says 'Your chip had the clap - that's not discrete'. She of course means 'discreet'. I was completely immersed until that point :)

From the showcase what I wan't to change or be improved...

1. Dialogue options clearly based on my stats and skills - Persuade [3], Intimidate[7], Seduce[2], Cower[4], etc.

2. Third person/Shoulder view during combat/exploration.(Nevermind xD)

3. Order/manage followers. (Jackie is well made but I don't like this kind of noisy/cliché follower.)
-Less forced companions (that apparently don't do shit and tag along purely for narrative reasons)... and definitely don't make them immortal, hard to kill perhaps, but not immortal.

4. Less efficiant/spammable bullet time.

5. Better enemies, using skills(shield, heal/repair, drone etc), special weapons(flame thrower), improved IA(Please add a difficulty mod that is not just a HP/Damage boost to them...)

6. Be less GTA but more RPG. (The scavanger car chase event was well made but honestly felt out of the place.)

7. Some interaction with those random NPCs.

8. No quest and direction pointer on HUD.

9. Adjustment for more head bobbing. The character sliding around as if on rails looks iffy and mechanical.

10. V already feels a bit too defined. If there's a way to mitigate that.

(Noticed most of my feedback are "comon" and while I think people who await Cyberpunk are RPG fans, I doubt CDPR will focus this much on that aspect since mainstream user who is not posting here, just rarther blow everything up like in GTA.)

Last edited:
However, my suggestion in this case would be to implement something that Rockstar has done with RDR II (dialogue system and the consequences of your choices). This is really a next level approach to these aspects.

If CDP wants to compete with Rockstar, this is the fundament and the future of RPGs.

RDR II comes out this year. Will Cyberpunk outdo it in around two years before it comes out? That's the question.

Last edited:
Hi everyone!

TL;DR Demo is absolutely marvelous! Thank you!

Dear CD Project Red team,

/* Just a thank you note in this section. You can skip it if busy. The feedback is below. ;)

I'd like to submit my feedback about Cyberpunk 2077. Who am I? Well, I'm a big fan of gaming, especially open world games, recently became a big fan of cyberpunk after I watched the first Blade Runner.

I think it was a really bold move for you guys to show us your demo. I can't actually remember any company who would do that especially when the game is in active development stage. Thank you!

Why am I writing all of this?

I'm not into forums right now but I'm really thankful for your gameplay showcase. I saw your note about feedback and though that it would be just dishonest of me to watch the demo without any reaction.

Even if feedback will be as same as others at least it will you help to understand that you on a right track and you would also be able to prove your bosses that your crazy(in a good way) idea about FPS shooter is actually works.

If you look at the games today, especially at the autumn and spring releases there is basically nothing we haven't seen before. You marvelous trailer and absolutely gorgeous gameplay demo, looks like something unique. It's a pretty rare this days.

Thanks again! Teams like you give us hope that game development is not dead with it's PUBG like clones and survival games only!

I believe as a big team you have some people who are gonna read most of it and kinda create sort of statistic based on our feedback. So here we go, I'm gonna be as short as possible :)
*/

My feedback goes here:

- Gameplay proved to me that first person view here is exactly what you can possibly expect from the Cyberpunk 2077;

- I liked new abilities and shooting. You were able bring high class FPS standards here and mixed it with your brilliant vision;

- Car driving looks fine from the first person view but it's really hard to tell from the video. Please keep in mind that car driving is also really important, I hope you would be able to achieve what most of us expect here;

- V's partner. After the demo I've got a feeling that he is gonna accompany us in the most quests. Is that true?

If that so it would be nice to be able to customize him(change his weapons/his hardware inside). Maybe even to give him some commands like what cover to use in a fight or choose his play style.

- City itself and people around look real. I hope that you would also be able give us some different weather(like rain, fog) even if it's a California.

- Signs (level and name) at every person's head look like a true RPG but as for me it gets a bit irritating. I hope we would also be able to disable it;

- Interface color looks nice but it would be nice to be able to change it;

- Please consider VR version. I think we anyway would be able to play it with vorpX but this game is the best candidate for a native VR support as for me with vive/oculus hand controllers. As for me I would personally pay you just another 60 $ for the VR version;

- Please think about activities at the end of the story like endless quests, even the simple ones. This game right now looks like something you want to go back even after a story;

P.S. And don't forget about your fans :) Please give us at least some updates later this year so we know that you are ok ;)

Thank you for what you've done!

I have watched the demo a few times now, and i really like it. My impressions so far:

PROS
+Graphics looks very nice
+Voice acting is very good and it fits the characters
+Quest choice/consequense system feels very ambitious
+FPP feels very immersive in dialogues
+Music was awesome, especially Johnny Silverhand songs
+The city feels very alive and all the buildings looks impressive.
+Animations are made extremely well and it felt very natural the way characters moved and interacted.
+Cars, great that we can drive trough night city
+Mission briefing trough the shard implant was very well made and new(to me at least)
+Destructible enviroment
+Possibilty for different playstyles (stealth for example)

NEUTRAL
÷Not much melee action shown, but it is there
÷Hacking interface looked visually nice and complex, but was very quickly dismissed
÷There are day/night cycles and weather patters, but not shown

NEGATIVES
-Some texture/animation pop ins (i know, pre-alpha. Still worth mentioning)
-Dialogue sometimes a tad cheesy, swearing felt a bit out of place on couple occasions.
-Car chase, rubber band between the cars
-Guns lacked punch and sound effects were lacking
-Some textures looked soft

I will preorder this game for sure, very impressed. W3 + expansions @ 40€ felt like a robbery, so i feel like i owe you anyways.

Last edited:
I have watched the demo a few times now, and i really like it. My impressions so far:

PROS
+Graphics looks very nice
+Voice acting is very good and it fits the characters
+Quest choice/consequense system feels very ambitious
+FPP feels very immersive in dialogues
+Music was awesome, especially Johnny Silverhand songs
+The city feels very alive and all the buildings looks impressive.
+Animations are made extremely well and it felt very natural the way characters moved and interacted.
+Cars, great that we can drive trough night city
+Mission briefing trough the shard implant was very well made and new(to me at least)
+Destructible enviroment
+Possibilty for different playstyles (stealth for example)

NEUTRAL
÷Not much melee action shown, but it is there
÷Hacking interface looked visually nice and complex, but was very quickly dismissed
÷There are day/night cycles and weather patters, but not shown

NEGATIVES
-Some texture/animation pop ins (i know, pre-alpha. Still worth mentioning)
-Dialogue sometimes a tad cheesy, swearing felt a bit out of place on couple occasions.
-Car chase, rubber band between the cars
-Guns lacked punch and sound effects were lacking
-Some textures looked soft

I will preorder this game for sure, very impressed. W3 + expansions @ 40€ felt like a robbery, so i feel like i owe you anyways.

I second this.

Also, Please don't waste time on VR person, I'd rather you focus on making this game more immersive and adding in more quests and characters than using your resources on VR. I don't even think CDPR has VR in R&D , and by the looks of how Skyrim and Fallout play in VR, I'd rather not see them overwhelming themselves with yet another version.

My advice would be to add in a Photo mode.

I'm the last person in the room to use something like that, but I have friends who are crazy over it and love it.

This way you'll get rid of all the people complaining that they want to see their own character in the world with their customizations and this wouldn't affect gameplay too.

since i have nasty case of motion sickness and also a nasty case of cdpr game's addiction i gotta ask, beg really, please give us an option to turn off headbob/headshake, in the gameplay it wasn't that strong and actually was more stable during combat, but still, things will be smother for us poor folks cursed with motion sickness

also was wonder if someone can conform in what FOV the gameplay was? i know i can change it in-game but i'm just curios since i got the start of a headache after 10 minutes, mind you that is not stopping me from playing the game, but just out of curiosity

thanks, and please don't hate on me for whatever reason whenever i bring motion sickness from FPS people get offended somehow, i come in peace wallah

-this is a must, but the ability to dual pistol gun would be great, well u can add the downside of not being able to aim corectly, also this alow us to weald 2 diferent models of pistols, so we can got 6 rounds burst tipe and 21 rounds dps tipe
-a cybergear that would show u show bulet trajectory, not just ricochet, but also ours and the enemys, up to a certain range ofc.
-to have composit weapons, just like red hood's guns in batman AK or kada jhin from lol, weapons that can for ex start as dual pistols or a pistol and a shotgun, and then fusion into a rifle, a sniper or a big ass high burst shotgun
-hybrid weapons, just like widowmaker rifle from overwatch, weapons that can cover 2 fiealds at the same time, rifle to sniper, shotgun to grenad lancher, a gun turn katana (ff 13)etc, thease are like the biger version of the composit weapons.
-well this is just a personal fantasy, a beam fiering cybereye would be great, able to pierce throu armor, ofc it would be a late game expencive item, or a paid dlc ( just kiding, plz don't ban me, i didn't mean to "offend u" XD) and a long cooldown.
-we saw the mantis blades, so about auther full arms cybergears, a grapling hook, a crossbow, a minigun just like BO3 reapers ult, , a hight end multi purpose one that is made of nanotech, able to take the desired shape (ofc late game too), hand enhancement (or just gloves) that give he ability to crawl on walls spiderman style.
-full body enhancement that give a shield, camoflage, etc.
-vehicle enhancement, like having front guns, turets, missiles etc like the last vehicule from RAGE, also plz, PLZ !! add the bike from the AKIRA anime movie, just like lol did with the project vayne skin bike, plz.
P.S: sry for all the mistakes, a have disleksia, so it's prety hard for me to wright corectly, but hope u can read it and like it !! (sry it isn't in fr)

I agree completely, This was ONE full quest, but it had so many twists and turns. It was very complex, and choice driven which I loved. I especially love the end part where the narrator explained the other options if you had taken them, what would have happened? So Cool!

I mean, now I'm just brainstorming!

In his one, we met the Corp , took the chip, paid Royce, but that chip had a virus so we had to fight our way through?

what if ..
What if you didn't even meet the Corp agent and paid your way to buy the bot and got that for dex?
Or never met the corp and stole the bot?
or never met the corp and fought your way through to get the bot yourself?
or met the corp took the chip, but informed royce about the virus and then got the bot by paying?
or met the corp , took the chip and informed royce about the virus, took the bot and then shot his head off? (Gamescom demo)
or met the corp and fought with her, and then moved to maelstorm gang?

I mean, even this is all just quest choices, I'm not even talking gameplay here...

Gameplay wise, from what I know, You can shoot your way through with different weapons, you can do it all stealthily , you can non lethally stealth take down them all, you can hack them, you can sneak your way through to steal it, you can use your mantis blades and climb your way in and melee kill them all , you can throw holy grenades in and hope to god it kills them all.... I mean the more I think about it, the bigger it gets.

and This is just ONE QUEST!

Hats Off CDPR!

P.S. And this is all what I know from the demo, God knows how many other things and ways and options are hidden in the game to do this quest, this is almost hitman lol!
Knowing CDPR it wouldn't surprise me you could stumble upon the Maelstrom hideout by chance, decide to raid it and when you get to meet DeShawn he'll point out you have the bot he's looking for.

Top Bottom