[GENERAL] Witcher swords - discussion & questions

+
romeolongsword said:
Is it confirmed that this is indeed THE sword of the game?In Act 5, you are given the D'yel (sp) which has +30% DMG and other goodness, is this better than that?
As far as it has been said here on the forums the sword has 100% dmg and full armor penetration.

@RomeoWell the steel swords I found, had something along:Gwalhir:Damage: +50%Coce: Disarm / Pain / Precise Hit: +40%D'yaebl: (Was rather disappointing, statwise)Damage: +30%Coce: Pain +50%Coce: Disarm +25%Harval:Damage: +30% (or +25%?)Coce: Disarm / Pain / Precise Hit +20%According to FlamingRoseThe Sihill has something around +100% Damage and has penetrating armour as a special feat. (Also the Sihill seem to have been Geralts weapon at the very end of the novels) I don't know if there are more stats on it, though.Best weapon is anyway Aerondight, imho just based on stats:+60% Damage+10% AttackCoce: Pain / Blinding / Incerination / Precise Hit: +50%I didn't bother to craft a steel sword out of three yellow meteorites? So don't know if this might even be better....Maybe there are even more named swords... who knows...

Well... not only was it handed by your local goddess the lady of the lake that tends to put others to shame, but it also was used to rise you a knight... so it is more a mood point. ;)But in general I tend to prefer weapons that deliver more versability in their features and effects over the puristic ones, that might perform as better damage dealers. To be honest I have no clue, in how much difference the stats actually result... but I guess we will have some ppl soon enough that will put it down into spreadsheets... I am sure about it :)

Playing on Medium, Pro-Scoiatel, the sword was there (and boy, was I surprised to see the best sword in the game just randomly lying about, and the king´s reward sword being utter crap compared to it).I get the feeling that Precise Hit only works when you´re using Group, Pain only works when using Fast, Bleeding only on Strong - but don´t know of the others.In any case, I feel it´s worthwhile to carry two blades around, one with lots of +pain and precise hit (Gwalhir, and am hoping to find one more yellow meteorite piece in act 5 to make an even better blade) for group work, and the Rune Sihill for hard targets. And boy, was I glad that "Excalibur" was a silver blade...

ashtaroth said:
what i think you have to do is to find it the first time you enter the field
Yeah, this sounds right given the way that dropped weapons and bodies disappear. In fact it wouldn't surprise me (given that I've seen dropped weapons disappear in the time it took me to cross an outdoor area and then walk back to them again) if there's actually a time limit once you first enter the area :p

Didn't get the sword :mad:. Can someone confirm that if you give all the teeth to the dentist he will in fact give you Rune Sihill? It was mentioned earlier in the thread.

No, it de-spawned after i left the area which was about six hours ago and im not setting myself back six hours for single sword. Ghalwir is almost as good.

You can say that to yourself, but you´re just deceiving yourself. Gwalhir is nowhere near as good as the Rune Sihill. Oh, and the yellow meteorite steel sword is crap, too.

Glabro, do you remember the stats of the yellow meteorite sword? Would be nice to have them inside this thread. (The Sihill has no other stats except for +100% damage and armor penetration, right?)ThxS.

ashtaroth said:
No, it de-spawned after i left the area which was about six hours ago and im not setting myself back six hours for single sword. Ghalwir is almost as good.
The Ghalwir is more versatile due to the several types of bonus-abilities it has related to the three swordstyles, and even though it has but 60% dmg i would say they are a match.Still: Are there anyone that can confirm that the Rune Sihill can be acquired through completing the dentists assignments?

Hmm strange, I am sure that I checked nearly every inch of Raven's Crypt two times, due to my expectation, to find a Sihill there. No luck. The only thing that I found there, next to the armor pieces, which were needed for the armor, was a Meteorite Sword. Nice - so there is still stuff left to figure out...

Same here, only a meteorite sword in ravens crypt. Perphaps the location of the games most powerful sword varies from versions? Nah..

It's called ard'aenye. It's not sihill. I haven't found any of these, gameguide lies :p It seems i've found same sword as u did - meteoric with 2 pieces of yellow one. "TrÓ" men read forums xD

I just tested and confirmed that the rune sihill is only there the first time you enter the fields, it despawns if you leave the area and come back later.

Top Bottom