Geralt Noobni everywhere

+
Geralt Igni offers too big a power swing for a very easy condition to fulfill, there are very few decks that aren't punished by having some high power units on the board or indeed don't run a few key high power units.

It means that whole decks/strategies are made so much weaker or pushed out of the meta due to one neutral card. Most other Gold cards have more situational criteria to be strong which is why so many decks run Igni instead (which is another problem because we see less variety in faction golds).

Problem with igni is that u cant counter him at all. For example most of the golden cards you can lock with the candles of opness. But igni just win the game and there is no counter play. Ressurecting the dead units isnt a counter at all.

Igni is completly fine imo, It's really not hard to manage your field so Igni only hits a single unit.
Everyone who uses him has had times where there's not enough power on the board for his effect to activate, It doesn't happen often but you can use him well 100% of the time

The problem is that it is in every goddamn deck and if your deck has no G:Igni you're pretty much stuck in sub-4000 MMR. I refuse to use that boring as all hell card and play current meta. It's mid-3k MMR or casual for me this patch. I honestly don't know how this game can be balanced for more than 1 exact deck per faction per patch (a bit exaggerated, I know, or is it?), but it would be glorious to see in the future.

HenryGrosmont;n8236750 said:
With this insane amount of buffing Igni might be even underpowered...hehehe.

????

Because the opponent reaches 20 on a row more frequently and you 100% burn an unit it became weaker?! Makes no sense at all.

TV_JayArr;n8239520 said:
????

Because the opponent reaches 20 on a row more frequently and you 100% burn an unit it became weaker?! Makes no sense at all.
No. Because there are too many cards that go over 15-20 now. And too many buffs overall with very little counter options...

idomyownstunts;n8240150 said:
I'm getting igni with it.
You just unleashed my inner sh!tposter.

The 20 strengh accuired to use igni is not a real problem, just think about it. Igni is useles on weak units anyway so u just wait until the opponent plays more cards and win the game with just one card. I think the problem with igni is, that he can oneshot more than 1 unit.
U cant buff units anymore because everybody runs noobni in his/her deck. Most of the people who say igni is fine are NK players where u just randomly buff your units and igni kills only one unit but whats about the other decks where just 1 gold card makes the gg.
Even if you predict igni to come out its a kind of op card cause u cant counter it. You play beyond 20 strengh on a row and here it comes. If igni hits a 8 strengh card its still 12 points in total and worth it. But most of the time i see igni hit so hard that it just wins the game .
All in all: Op card cause no really counter mechanic (ressurection not included lol) if hit 2 similar srengh units the game is over. U can put igni everywhere and it triggers instandly so its better then shiru (just for the comparison).

What is NK? You mean Northern Realms? I play all factions and want to say that Igni is absolutely fine. Especially in this buff fest.

I've said it once and I'll say it again, Geralt Igni is 100% balanced and needs no changes whatsoever. This is coming from someone who uses every faction except Scoia'tael

If you listened to the last Commander's Horn podcast *blatant plug alert* Greyboxer said the first card he picks in a deck is G:Igni - and I suspect that's the same for most people who have the card. It's a powerful card but, knowing that, you have to play the game as if it is in the deck you are playing against and play accordingly (i.e. avoid going over 20 strength in a single row or play your cards expecting your top strength single row card to be burnt to death and have plenty of others under it). Stagger your cards and their improvements to ensure that only one card gets G:Igni'd.

As stated above, it can be a winning card but it can also be a waste of a Gold card if rows don't go over 20. Does it need nerfing? Not in my opinion.

Can people stop calling Igni "Gigni"? It makes no sense and makes them look like friggin' hipsters.
Thank you.

Top Bottom