Geralt stuck on Corvo Bianco bed (due to my cat) - [fixed by reloading previous save]

+
Geralt stuck on Corvo Bianco bed (due to my cat) - [fixed by reloading previous save]

Hm, I don't know if this is really worth reporting, because the circumstances of the bug were a bit unique.

I pressed the "interact" key with the Corvo Bianco bed and Geralt walked slowly and awkwardly in that little confused halfcircle towards the bed to hit just the right spot. All as normal.

While he was doing that, my cat participated in the gaming and decided to use the numblock section of the keyboard as his pillow, pressing down some keys and thus producing a flood of keyboard input. I've the "mark this foe as your active target" key in the surroundings of the keys he must have pressed; that aside, it must've been the numblock enter, numblock ", del" and the numblock "0 ins". I do not think that I have bound anything to the ", del" and the "enter" keys. The "0 ins" is the "lock on target" key. Numlock key was active.

Alright. Geralt found the right spot of the bed, sat down, the Meditate screen appeared very shortly and disappeared. The GUI interface selection screen that we get for pressing "Esc" from any of the GUI interface screens appeared. But all the icons of it were greyed out. I could leave that screen with "Esc" after being baffled for a bit and after removing the cat from the numblock keys.

I then looked at Geralt, who was now stuck on the bed. He sat solidly on the bed and did some stretching with his arms and some yawning animation, but never got up. And I couldn't get any of the GUI interface keys to do anything, and I couldn't make him move anymore. The only thing that still worked was the "Esc" key, so that I could reload, luckily.

It is very easy to reproduce: Just stand at an awkward angle next to the bed, press the interact button, then hit those 3 numblock keys as Geralt walks to the bed and keep holding them down. I just did that, and it skipped the meditation screen flashing up for a second and the GUI interface selection screen, but Geralt is stuck on the bed and doing the stretch+yawn animation. No way to enter meditation, inventory, skills, questlog, bestiary. No response to movement keys. And no way off the bed except reload.

Other keys might cause the same issue. Didn't test that.

I know, this is bizarre and probably not really worth looking into. But a flood of "cat style typing" keyboard input while Geralt is finding that perfect spot to sit on his bed seems to potentially cause problems.

It could also potentially be that it's not just be the Corvo Bianco bed that is affected. Geralt has that slightly unnerving need to super carefully navigate to just the precisely correct spot also when interacting with levers (i.e. when getting the basic Feline gear from the elven ruins under Temple Isle.)

(Windows 7, GoG witcher with latest patch, currently no mods, qwertzuiopü-keyboard, and the tabby cat from my avatar picture.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom