Getting into Witcher Modding from NWN

+
Getting into Witcher Modding from NWN

Hey,I am a noob to modding the Witcher(just recently got Djinni to work), but I have done some modding for NWN. What I was wondering is, exactly how much of a learning curve is there from NWN-Witcher Modding. Obviously creating areas and maps is different, but in terms of scripting and what not, is there much else I need to learn? Perhaps learning some Lua? I'd appreciate any pointers. Later

while there are lots of similarities, i'd say it's closer to comparing apples and oranges ;D .. fairly steep learning curve, but far from impossible :peace:

Thanks. Just another question, satisfy noobish curiosity. So, what exactly can we change with Djinni? Can new skills, and other stuff be written/changed?

I imagine it's conceivable, but not very easy at alldjinni let's you mostly (some more talented folk have done better) take the existing assets and rearrange them and change the story. RED Flame created whole new areas, so it is possible, but not /within/ djinni. the area must be created with something like (maybe /only/) 3DStudioMax then imported.i imagine the same is true of placeables. But if you can build a story given the assets that are there, it's quite powerful and fun .. if still kinda buggy and obtuse at times.

Hmm. I can create simple terrain and houses with 3ds Max, but not much beyond that. I think I'll start small first then. ;D

Top Bottom