Grass, which do you use more often?

+
Grass, which do you use more often?

I'm making this mod, i have made the forest but the grass is what gives me a hard time, some are big as hell and look weird when I use them in game, some aren't the best looking ones, so, which grass meshes do you like the most?

Guest 2005166

I used one of the ground_grass01 as a base, then combined it with ground_moss_leaves01, ground_moss03 and port_ground_ground01 (et etc.). Filled with several ground covering weeds, it actually is ok.

I used one of the ground_grass01 as a base, then combined it with ground_moss_leaves01, ground_moss03 and port_ground_ground01 (et etc.). Filled with several ground covering weeds, it actually is ok.

That looks like an interesting combination of terrains, but I was actually asking for grass meshes, not textures, but thanks anyway, I will try your combination, how did you combined them? did you created some dots in the terrain or with a certain pattern?

Guest 2005166

Salut!
Woops, sorry, I guess that was one beer too much. ;)
Oh, well, I try to mix the textures a bit, depending on, what plants I want in those places, of course.
And for grass meshes - if you followed Klabauterman's video tutorial, you maybe stumbled over the gardener and vegetation tool. For larger foliage stuff, it might be useful to put them into the scene one by one, but for most ground stuff, I made a foliage entity and added the plants I liked. I guess, one can make several of these entities, too, which might be very useful as it gets highly confusing at some point with too many plants in that list. Anyway, I'd do that and combine the grasses from the grass folder, except maybe these things called grass_draug (etc), which look a bit strange in a normal terrain. Grass_scarp_bottom seems only okay, if you got a cliff or waterfall, because these hang more upside down. I'd mix it with smaller herbs, mushrooms and different sized weeds, then it looks rather natural. port_ltl_01, port_ltl_02 and port_ltl_03, fern and the stuff called grass_bushes_scarp make excellent fillers near tree roots, btw. Concerning forests - I recommend having a closer look at the level I02-port . Have fun.

Top Bottom