GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
I searched but i couldnt find info about them.

This thread answers most of your questions. Anyhow...

1. Currently reached Rank 8 and after the End of the month will ranking system put everyone to rank 30?
2. Second question is about seasonal reward do i get anything according to my rank or placement?
3. And last one i havent spend any reward points on the seasonal bear tree does it replace with new one every season? And i wont be able to see it anymore?

1. You will drop 4 ranks.
2. You will get 10 reward points.
3. The tree will be replaced every season, but it will be back next year.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because it has already been answered)

Will the special crimson curse card back and unseen elder skin be sold separately.
I quote from the official page:

Will the leader skin and cardback included in the Pre-order Pack be available outside of it?
The Blood Armor Unseen Elder skin and Crimson Curse cardback are currently only available as part of the Crimson Curse Pre-order Pack. Slightly different versions of these items may eventually be available for purchase in the in-game shop.

(Question removed from the original post because it's already answered)

Hi, Burza.
Do you have any ideas about the keg rewarded in the arena mode after this month's expansion.
Will it be a base set keg or a crimson expansion keg? Or will there be a choice?

Is the provision for "Water Of Brokilon" fixed at 9? It seems that it is extremely unfairly ridiculously overpriced. To summon 2 three point Harmony units (that too not proactive! Which is a huge point, since it needs a Dryad to be on field) seems ridiculously overpriced. One 3 damage unit can make this card rendered useless and Gimpy will just make it immediately regrettable.
I'm not Burza, obviously, but I'm a pro ladder player. 9p seems a fair price because you can think about it like getting 2 nekker warriors in one turn in your monster deck. That's very efficient. And you pay provisions for efficiency. So, unless you get Gimpied immediately, it's a very strong play.

I'm not Burza, obviously, but I'm a pro ladder player. 9p seems a fair price because you can think about it like getting 2 nekker warriors in one turn in your monster deck. That's very efficient. And you pay provisions for efficiency. So, unless you get Gimpied immediately, it's a very strong play.

Maybe not the best place to have this discussion, but I will say this. The better analogy is its like playing a regular nekker card that requires setup and has a less functional version of thrive. Put aside the gimpy kill, you need a ST specific card to trigger the boost, neutral and create don't do it. As @rrc said, you need a dryad already on the board. The card may have upside up to 6 or 7 each, but the set up is quite serious and the potential for bad draw is quite high. Finally, even if everything goes correctly, it forces a bad tempo as the harmony bonus is not retroactive. It slows down putting hand buffs or repeat damagers on the board. It also slows down poison followup. The card should cost no more than 6, and even then it is probably still not likely to get used.

The card may have upside up to 6 or 7 each, but the set up is quite serious and the potential for bad draw is quite high.
Very easy:
Fauve into the Water of Brokilon + Francesca Findabair's ability on the Water... And here we go: 5 dryads on the board, 4 of them with harmony.
Now, if you don't have Gimpy, good luck stopping all of them from growing.

Very easy:
Fauve into the Water of Brokilon + Francesca Findabair's ability on the Water... And here we go: 5 dryads on the board, 4 of them with harmony.
Now, if you don't have Gimpy, good luck stopping all of them from growing.

3 things.

1. Scorch, igni, yrden, DD, etc... can all handle the combo you suggested.
2. You have just used up your leader ability which is worth a 2nd scorch, a 2nd horn, a huge DD or lacerate, or any other useful special card. That combo is far from game breaking.
3. Having 4 growth engines that require different races from the same faction to be played is not nearly the same thing as having 4 thrive units (which is very much a thing and is frequently defeated.

1. Scorch, igni, yrden, DD, etc... can all handle the combo you suggested.
1. Nothing of what you listed solves the combo.
2. You have just used up your leader ability which is worth a 2nd scorch, a 2nd horn, a huge DD or lacerate, or any other useful special card. That combo is far from game breaking.
2. a) You can use it without a leader too, still good (two engines on the board to deal with before they ran out of range). b) If one have a harmony deck I predict it can be the long round 3 combo. c) nobody prohibits you to use any other spells, just stop telling me that they are better: the expansion is not out yet and we don't know what's better yet d) And where did I say that the combo is "game breaking"? You said:
set up is quite serious and the potential for bad draw is quite high
I showed that what you said is nonsense because you just need one card to be able to use Water of Brokilon right from the get go without any setup. Power of this combo is yet to be determined however but it's not a "serious" setup, just the viability of harmony overall. But whether or not harmony sucks won't be because of this card.
3. Where did I say it is the same thing?

Last edited:
Why do you still keep designing cards like "The Land of a Thousand Fables" as single card tutors, if you do not like tutors, like in the pre-homecoming Gwent and try to overprice them in Provisions to make sure they cannot be used in an effective manner, unless they are used in a way like Menno (in the "Double Horn" combo) ?
I am just curious, given that I am unsure how it is intended to be useful at all and I doubt combos like "Double Horn" were the main thought behind their design.
Or am I blind and missing something obvious ?

All said and done, my Gwent life will be complete when I do this:
Francesca -> Renew -> Avallach -> The Land of a Thousand Fables -> Royal Decree -> Fauve -> Water Of Brokilon
Yes, 67 provisions for 10 points and a sure defeat, but *Hell Yeah!* That would be a defeat worth losing.

When you buff disgusting SK and add more card draws and direct dmg to that faction ?

First of all, please, do not use unnecessary and biased remarks like "disgusting" when addressing the devs. Next, your question makes no sense. I assume you mean to say the following: "Why did you buff SK by adding more card draws and direct damage to that faction?" If that is the case, feel free to ask the question again in a proper way. For now, post moved to the discussion thread.

First of all, please, do not use unnecessary and biased remarks like "disgusting" when addressing the devs. Next, your question makes no sense. I assume you mean to say the following: "Why did you buff SK by adding more card draws and direct damage to that faction?" If that is the case, feel free to ask the question again in a proper way. For now, post moved to the discussion thread.

First I was sarcastic of course and I am sure my question was very clear even under '' sarcasm '' and thanks but I will talk and ask with my words always, if you don't like feel free to remove it.....

[Nope.]

Post edited. -Drac

Hello Burza,

I play the game Gwent and I enjoy it very much. Some of my favourite cards such as Eyck of Denesele, are not available to animate with dust. And I would love to get the full collection. And I thought, fair, it's a thronebreaker exclusive, so I bought thronebreaker on Steam. I didn't know that you dont get the rewards in Gwent. I know it's my fault and you guys can't change it. But is there at least a possibility that they will be craftable one day? I don't have the money to buy thronebreaker the second time :p.

You can ask for a refund on Steam if you bought it in the last week and didn't play it too much

Hello Burza,

I play the game Gwent and I enjoy it very much. Some of my favourite cards such as Eyck of Denesele, are not available to animate with dust. And I would love to get the full collection. And I thought, fair, it's a thronebreaker exclusive, so I bought thronebreaker on Steam. I didn't know that you dont get the rewards in Gwent. I know it's my fault and you guys can't change it. But is there at least a possibility that they will be craftable one day? I don't have the money to buy thronebreaker the second time :p.

But you get all the cards animated once you get all the rewards and goodies in thronebreaker. So don't worry.

Top Bottom