GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
hi. if i buy thronebreaker on ps4 do i get the bonus cards immediately or should i download and play the game?
and is there a way to change my gwent username on ps4 different then the ps4 gamertag bacuse it is using it automatically?
thank you

Hi devs, have u guys consider changing arena to pick the leader first before building the deck? IMO I think that should be a good idea, it opens up more options towards deck building instead of picking the one with biggest points. That should allow players to have more creativity over building an arena deck. If not, I really hope u guys can put this into consideration, thanks!

Hi Pawel,

Not a fan the split board design as some of them do not go well together and both boards lose their unique identity. It looked OK in the previous iteration of the game, but not very good aesthetically in the current version, in my opinion. What do you think about these ideas regarding the boards:

- What if the coin flip not only decided who goes first and who gets the tactical advantage, but also who's board will be used in the match? Like in football - one gets the ball, another chooses the goal side for the first half :) For example, use the board of the "losing" side (who goes first) as another minor consolation.
- Another option: Switch the boards every round. Since there can be 3 rounds, again the coin flip can be used to decide whose will be used first.

Good luck with the expansion launch!

Here a esthetic question about Calanthe:

Why she looks so old? I'm talking specifically about her face: she has wrinkles, she is ugly... she is old...

but in the novels she has like 34 years old maximum when Duny wants the hand of Pavetta in the chapter " A Question of Price" - "Kwestia ceny".

Also when she dies she has like 45 years old only... and in the books she is described as a beautiful woman.

So my question is: Why she looks so old? Will you guys try to improve her face a little bit?

(The other things are just perfect, I like her clothes etc, but her face is... you know... that's just wrong)

*The rest of the leaks are amazing. Good job.

Actually I don't like her model much. I didn't picture her like this at all when I read the books. I imagined her fair haired and still quite beautiful. Not this crone look like she's Bavmorda from Willow movie or something.

@Burza46 Hi Mr. Burza, this is not much of a question. I thought about what new stuff you could add in the next expansion and I came up with this. I just wanted to know what you think of this:

1. New Keyword: Rooted. Unit cannot be displaced to another row (there would be no counter to it, but there would probably be just 1 or 2 cards (specials mostly) which would offer this). This would help with row specific engines like Eskel Pathfinder etc. Or rooting an enemy unit can be good for row effects.

2. Set of 2 cards (like Unicorn and Chironex), both having Deploy effect, where the first card would add a "Doomed" status and the second card would banish a doomed unit or if unit is not doomed, damage it by 3. Why you would ask when Gaunter can do the same thing? Well that's cause sometimes its better to banish a unit because of the doom at round end (like big monsters) instead of just killing them outright. And secondly, cause Gaunter even though at 5 power, can be killed in 1 turn while the second card if its in your hand is protected and can destroy in the next card play (the value would be I think 3/6, 3/6 so it would be pretty balanced out. The second card can damage a unit by 3 if there's no "Doomed" effect that means the total would be 9/12 without triggering banish for doomed which is pretty satisfactory I think.

Gwent now = dead engines, top decks just point vomiting with tons of damage(and 4+ locks if its NG / 4+ movements if its ST), every engine that I try to play just dies immediately. Even strongest Meve overload engines deck is too weak to be competitive. Engines need 2-3 turns to recoup their provision cost, while damaging units always gets their value immediately.
For example, I play 5prov cost Lyrian arbalest, it gets killed by 4 provision Damned Sorceress with +1 body on it.

So my question is : don't u plan to reduce provision cost for engines?

Last edited:
wondering what time the expansion goes live... sadly as being new to the forums and game , i cant post in the main section of the gen forums so im posting here

I don't think they announced it yet
But since CDPR is in Poland, US is probably going to get the update eariler in 28th, and China/Asia would be more likely to get it on morning 29th
Post automatically merged:

Unless they have different schedule depending on regions, that is

Guest 4339135

It seems that nobody wants to talk about this, so I'm trying to ask you. It's about an easy and possibly the most substantial part of the game, it's fairness. Since hundrets of games, probably since the start of Homecoming I had to deal with constantly bad luck in most of the games. There could be other players with the same problem, but I can't speak for them. After some overthinking in the last days, I come to the conclusion that one single person can not have bad luck so many times. So I have a plain question for you: What should I do?
Because the fun is gone long time ago and it can't go on like this.

@Tobi_113

Post moved to the discussion thread because it's more a complaint and not really a question for the devs.

Personally speaking, if I no longer enjoy a game, I would take a break from it and come back on a later date. As for Gwent, the expansion hits tomorrow, so you might want to stick around a bit longer and see if the new cards can invigorate the game.

Dear Devs

When someone looks at new Crimson Curse cards why is provision cost not displayed? Don't understand the logic behind that one.

Will the arena keg award be switched from Base Set to Crimson Curse?
Will the card for getting 9 wins be switched to the total pool (like faction kegs)?

All revealed cards do include the provision costs, like in this thread.

(Post moved to the discussion thread)

I am wondering why it is not the case on the main page, or lets say the page about Crimson Curse. Actually I am wondering that about all the cards as such, not just the expansion. Is this a deliberate choice, maybe a marketing issue?

I think it would be very helpful to be able to find complete information on the cards available, especially new ones.

Guest 4339135

@Tobi_113

Post moved to the discussion thread because it's more a complaint and not really a question for the devs.

Personally speaking, if I no longer enjoy a game, I would take a break from it and come back on a later date. As for Gwent, the expansion hits tomorrow, so you might want to stick around a bit longer and see if the new cards can invigorate the game.

I would enjoy the game, if it is fair for every player. The expansion will change nothing, because it doesn't bring fairness in the game. What I experienced in the arena some minutes ago, shows perferctly the problem: The way I lost the last game isn't comprehensible any more. All things worked together against me and I lost by one stupid point, only a immense big portion of coincidence led to this loss. And here is the essential problem of this game: In too many cases the luckier player wins and not the better one.

I would enjoy the game, if it is fair for every player. The expansion will change nothing, because it doesn't bring fairness in the game. What I experienced in the arena some minutes ago, shows perferctly the problem: The way I lost the last game isn't comprehensible any more. All things worked together against me and I lost by one stupid point, only a immense big portion of coincidence led to this loss. And here is the essential problem of this game: In too many cases the luckier player wins and not the better one.

Arena is all about luck though? It's literally an RNG fiesta.

Top Bottom