GWENT: Ask a Dev

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
GWENT: Ask a Dev

Greetings, Gwent enthusiasts!
We are very pleased to announce an exciting new thread: If you have any questions about Gwent: The Witcher Card Game, this is the place to ask them! The CD Projekt RED game developers will select and answer players' questions posted here.
Please, bear in mind, however, that the REDs may not be able to answer every question. Also, although the developers may often seem superhuman, they occasionally need to sleep, and get back to creating great games; therefore, they can't answer questions 24/7.

We imagine you're all burning with curiosity, however, before you post your questions, we do have some rules:
  • You may only ask Gwent-related questions. This is not the place for enquiries about CDPR's other projects, games, or business.
  • Please, remember good manners. Be respectful and polite.
  • No discussions, suggestions, or feedback in this thread. Only questions. Also, do not attempt to disguise a suggestion as a question.
  • Please, do not post the same question multiple times: This will not increase the likelihood of a reply. And, if certain questions do not receive answers, there is probably a reason for it. The final choice of which questions will receive replies is entirely up to the developers. We ask that you respect this.
  • Finally, try to keep your questions short and simple: No long lists of questions, please, or walls of text.
If your post does not follow these rules, please, be aware that the moderators may delete it without further warning.

If you wish to discuss any of the questions and answers, you may do so here: Gwent: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

On behalf of the Forums' team, thank you, have fun, and happy questioning!

Last edited:
Great Thread.. Thanks n Congrats for making such great game & always listening to us & trying to make Gwent as perfect as possible to add more fun & challenges.

SO here I go.. I don't know this question is foolish or not but still I am curious..

I saw few software/tools related to Gwent to help players like Gwent Tracker which gives players idea about lots of things to make proper decisions so is that possible for anyone to make tool which going to show opp. cards or to draw whatever cards he want in his hand etc? I mean how safe is Gwent from such hacking ?

allright so here is my question.with the mulligan eveery round thing introduced in the open beta,playing situational cards like ciri which lose usefulness after a specific point in the game,comes with almost 0% risk.which makes the deck building more like use the best cards in the game not caring if they are situational,than think if the pluses of that card are worth the risk of including it in your deck,and having it be a dead card in your hand.

what was the thought process behind this,and are they worried at all about it?

Neat.

Different to other online Games like MMOs, it is very common for online TCGs that as soon as they stop making profits, devs or Publisher will shut down the Servers, letting hundreds of thousands and more people behind wich may spend a great amount of time, effort and money to collect their cards. The Law says that you dont pay for digital goods rather then the licence and legitimation to use them, so digital goods are not players property and they wont get any cash back if the devs decide to shut down the Server, leaving them left behind with nothing but memorys.
This happened to me 3 times and there are alot of Games that did the same thing.
As i mentoined, this "spacial habit" seems to be very own to online TCGs regarding their nature...

My question: Will CDPR release a free to use stable version of the Game as soon as the "gates get closed", so people are free to open their own F2P Servers and the fanbase will still be able to enjoy the game, even if the devs may does not anymore, or is Gwent only another "The time with you was great and we thank you for participating" game?

Dont worry, i have alot of cutting questions :/

Last edited:
When will we get the first campaign?

And will it be free or purchasable? if the latter can we also use in-game gold?

Last edited:
How (very approximately of course) often will we get balancing/bugfixing patches?
Note by patches I mean purely balance and bugfix ones, not the end of season updates that add more cards, among other things.

Biggest question I think is:
Will we able to play on PC with ps4 account and vise versa???
​​​​​​Right now, its annoying as hell that we cant, really.
I think this is one of biggest problems with Gwent for now. So it will be good to hear from devs about it.

The other is drop rate from kegs, I think.
The way I see it, it stops people from investing money.
If I knew that, for example, I'll get 5 gold cards and 5 silver from 50 kegs, I would have bought them already.
but right now... Spend pretty big summ on 60 kegs only to have 300 useless cards without guarantee... Well, that's not fair.
so the question is: will CDPR listen to many complains about this fact and solve it somehow??
​​
Anyway, gwent is great, witcher 3 is best game ever, and cdpr is best dev ever!

What is the reasoning behind Tibor, considering the best the opponent can get is a strength 9-10 unit or so, on top of revealing it and also why is it even stronger than in the closed beta?

Will we eventually get alternate game modes like arena and 2 vs 2?

Are you planning on adding more factions in the future, say Ofir or Toussaint?

Ahoyhoy Gwenty Devs!

You make goodes game!

(Been listening to Shoop)

Are you tracking statistics such as win-rates for each faction? And for each card's % appearing in a winning deck? So balancing can be done based on cold hard stats rather than each player's own limited experience being vocalized on the forum?

pl91;n8684490 said:
allright so here is my question.with the mulligan eveery round thing introduced in the open beta,playing situational cards like ciri which lose usefulness after a specific point in the game,comes with almost 0% risk.which makes the deck building more like use the best cards in the game not caring if they are situational,than think if the pluses of that card are worth the risk of including it in your deck,and having it be a dead card in your hand.

what was the thought process behind this,and are they worried at all about it?

Additional mulligan in the second and third round was introduced in order to minimize the RNG so that the outcome of the match is not affected by drawing one “bad” card. Now players have greater choice and a possibility of replacing a card instead of keeping it as a must.

Iuliandrei;n8685310 said:
When will we get the first campaign?

And will it be free or purchasable? if the latter can we also use in-game gold?

We plan on adding single player campaigns when the game comes out of beta, we will share all the details then. :)

Dominika.Skubida;n8687300 said:
Additional mulligan in the second and third round was introduced in order to minimize the RNG so that the outcome of the match is not affected by drawing one “bad” card. Now players have greater choice and a possibility of replacing a card instead of keeping it as a must.

allright,thanks for clarifying the thought proccess :).

What was the thought process behind the creation of the two gold weather cards, and how did they perform in the closed playtesting?

I honestly ask this out of sheer curiosity, because it seems rather obvious to someone coming from other card games that having a sweeper like those cards affecting only your opponent is really too strong, and the fact that the damage can be mitigated by a specific counter card doesn't go far to actually make it seem like a balanced choice. Taking unto account that the rest of the balancing since I started playing seems pretty well thought out, I found it really odd that these two cards made it into open beta in this state. Thanks in advance for an answer that may come!

I know this might have been discussed before but is Gwent going to have a refund system for changed cards? It would be useful to know the details in advance, before we start milling/not milling out cards :) Thank you for your time!

When I first started in the open beta (love most of the changes by the way) - I was drawn to Francesca and a Mulligan deck. Over the course of the last week, my heart sank a bit when I saw there were no direct Silvers or Golds to synergize with Mulligans, only the four bronze cards I'm pretty sure. It just feels cool to work toward that big gold card that makes your deck type come together in a big way.

Why were no silvers/golds added to support this archetype? It is to my knowledge the only leader-based deck archetype that does not have a silver/gold. Also - how is the team feeling about the Mulligan decks as a whole? Do they feel strong enough?

Last edited:
Moderator's Reminder: Please, try not to disguise suggestions as questions. We've already a Suggestions sub-forum for proposing new functions and changes to the game. Also, it has been CDPR's general policy not to comment on suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom