GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Hi guys, I'm a huge fan of Spell'Tael deck (Protectors, mercs-sages-ales), reaching rank 20 every season with it since I started playing.
I have a question about the changes in Homecoming: considering that there will be two rows, max 2 of each bronze card, bla bla bla, I wonder if Spell'Tael would be still a thing or not.
I'm afraid that next season will be the last glorious season for this archetype.
If my fears are true, please just let me know, I must be prepared when the time will come :(
Burza told us today, that ST and NG will be those factions with special card interactions, because they are control factions.
So my guess is that Spell'tael will be still possible to a certain degree.

@GIntorese:
Most of the cards will be changing for sure, but I'm sure that some for of consume will stay, and likely become even bigger, as it is one of the main thematics of MO and the most diverse MO archetype so far.
So far, we know that Nekker Warriors will change, such that a standard consume will likely become the most common MO archetype in Homecoming.

Will TB pre-orders hit Steam seeing as tho its a single-player stand alone RPG or is it going to be exclusive to GOG just like it seems Gwent is now? CDPR basically starting to look like the new EA from everything that has been going on regarding GOG.

We should have the right to choose our prefered platform and recent developments regarding this is really disheartening as a big CDPR supporter from the Steam community. I only started playing Gwent because Rafal Jaki mentioned its going to be on Steam and now CDPR doesn't know anymore? Please tell us what is going on regarding this?

@Quinaz

A Steam release is not yet planned.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked and answered.)

Anyone else have a feeling HC will be delayed? They sad it's on track but we're less than 2 months away from release and we don't know much. Whatever happened to that video Brza promised this month?

this weekend will show something. Also Burza said arhetypes are removed, gwent lost his identity :mad:

I believe they are quite on shedule. Burza is leaking a lot of new stuff every day, so a lot of things have to be finished already.

1. Any chance for Spectator mode coming soon, or at least are you working on that?
2. Are there any plans to add card backs?
3. Is Gwent Android app in work?

1. A spectator mode is in the works, but won't be released the same time as Homecoming.
2. Not planned for Homecoming, but maybe in the future.
3. There are no official plans, yet (but between you and me, I suspect a mobile version is coming after HC & TB).

(Question moved to the discussion thread because it has already been asked and answered.)

Hello, according to gwent wiki: Queens Guard Cards.
  • Gwent Update: Dec 19, 2017 Patch: Now Agile as every other unit (was Melee). Removed triptych illustrations.
Is it possible in the future to return that beatiful illustirations; also same question for the other similar cards...
Thank you, for making this game more balanced among different fractions.

@sevenspring

The triptych artwork will not return.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked and answered.)

Here 2 problems with triptych cards:
1. harder to get (may cost more scraps)
2. Main problem it may be Unconvinient for fresh user to figure out how things work.

Simple Solution: (for estet's or those users who miss all different cards art)
1. return old view cards.
2. Make simple OR: user can add different or same artwork card, just limit it to 3.
Profit.
What do you think about suggestion, as a developer?

HI devs!
So many posts..,I hope you will have time to look and answer to my question,here it goes;
After I pass a round,why units on board dont get boosted?
To explain;
For instance I have a Dragoon and a Farseer on board and I pass a round,they dont do their "thing" round just ends..
Happens only when my opponent has passed first.
Is it a bug or it is ment to be like that?
Great game! Keep it up!
Peace&thank you for your time

HI BURZA, before I would like to apologize for my Englids.
You have just told us the opinion of you team about eliminate the silver class and why you think it will be a good idea, I support you on homecoming and I love your company but I thin this is a mistake. Why? Because now with the three tiers is a way to improve the lore with bronze cards which means a prototip of character in the faction (temerian soldier, medic of vicovaro) and with silver and golds the characters with lore( golds more important).
But with 2 tiers there is a problem: will be gold cards with less "lore weight" than others and other lore cards will be at the same level than a simple card (Stefan and the impera soldiers) and I think it's a very bad idea and it's something you could not change because it's perfect right now
Thanks for you time :)

Hey there! :)

This is not really a question but more a bit of feedback So the visuals you showed in the Homecoming video were BOMB! I'm only a bit concerned about the card borders: It was really hard for me to distinguish Bronzes and Golds. I think Golds should be a bit more visually striking in hand and on board.

Also, I know that the feel of the game is supposed to be a lot darker and grittier. But I felt like the murky, foggy "filter" over the cards was taking away from the beautiful card arts. Please consider upping the saturation a bit on the cards.

Also a question: Do you plan on implementing settings for color-blind or visually impaired people?

Thank you for all your work! <3

There are some criticism or concerns that i would really like to be cleared. Even though they are regarding the visuals, i think they are more on the minor sides of things that still can be changes in my opinion.

# The Arrow and The card highlight color.

I think the arrow stands out way too much among all the graphical changes. Is there any chance that we will have a more minimalistic arrow? something like closed beta?

Also the bright blue highlight color around the card has the same problem, i think the glow could be more subtle and not overexposed like we saw.

# Animations.

Some of the animations regarding card movement looked slow and jerky? I am specifically talking about the moment you place down your card. Instead of dragging and dropping the card we clicked on a certain spot and it jumped on to it.

# VFX

About the VFX, i think the only new vfx we saw was of weather clear. The one that Imlerith used (fireball) was exactly the one that we have on current version of gwent iirc. I am curious if single cards have unique vfx or are they just for weathers?

Also, the reason that i am being so nitpicky is because most of what i saw was really impressive. I think you are getting really close to hitting the correct mark, but some things that i just mentioned are dragging everything else down to a couple notch.
So i hope CDPR can iron all these problems out.

Hi!

One simple question: achievements or trophies after HC release? ps4 have a platinum one?

HC seems great, looking forward to play it and adding my feedback: try to make gold cards more clear and try to improve those leaders... thank you for your hard work!

@Cricco89

There will be achievements, but done in a different way.

Hey Pawel,
After watching your video i really hope that you showed most boring cards in monsters and others are actually interesting. Visual stuff is brilliant, mb aside of leaders, but card texts were very underwhelming for me. The only thing i've found exciting is reach and mb vran.

Anyway good job and good luck!;)

You claimed to have fixed the coinflip with a Leader related mechanic, is it only the additional mulligan(s) or is there something more to it?
EDIT: Oh sorry, just realized you already discussed this, hyped for the reveal of the new solution then!

Loved the reveal BTW, good job :)

Top Bottom