GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Hello Burza, first I want to say how amazing the new version of Gwent looks, even if it stays the way you showed it it’s still a millions time better than the unattractive current version of Gwent.

Second I would like to pass to you the feedback of the community from reddit about little things that can make it even better, These points I’ll post are the opinions of the very big majority of reddit Gwent players judging by the upvotes, so I would consider it a very good representation of the Community opinions about the reveal.

1 - Gold cards do not stand out enough, the bronze borders look just like the gold borders and it makes it very very hard to the tell the difference between a gold card and a bronze card, gold cards need to be more distinguishable and stand out because people can’t see a difference.

2 - Leaders is a bit more controversial, many people like them and many people don’t, but one thing everyone agreed on is that the leaders need more polishing and shadows because they seem “off”, especially the unseen elder (maybe have him hang upside down like in the Witcher)

3 - Another point that is consistently agreed upon is that the leader should be placed diagonally opposite to emphasize conflict, not stand right next to each other.

4 - Unnatural blue arrow needs to go, it has no place in this more realistic and gritty version of Gwent because it looks out of place and really breaks immersion.

I hope you will pass this feedback to the developers as I believe these are issues that are easily fixable, off topic a little bit but I really enjoyed your IRL Skellige stream by the way, it was fun to watch :D

@ManBearPigTroll

Thank you for your feedback. However, the Ask a Dev thread is for questions only. Thus moved your post to the discussion thread.

I feel like you should not move this post, this is direct feedback from the majority of community biggest issues in one easy to read post, even if it’s not a question we have no other way to pass it to the Devs but the ask a Dev thread with Burza, now this post of community feedback will not get passed to the Dev team which is detrimental to the community and Gwent.

Last edited:
I feel like you should not move this post, this is direct feedback from the majority of community biggest issues in one easy to read post, even if it’s not a question we have no other way to pass it to the Devs but the ask a Dev thread with Burza, now this post of community feedback will not get passed to the Dev team which is detrimental to the community and Gwent.

No worries, I've pinged the devs.

I love the new visuals but I noticed that the board has 3 different perspectives merged together which looks just really weird, see here. I think it would be better if you could pick 1 perspective and stick with it, rather than adding elements seen from a different view.

Hi Pawel,

Love the new design. Never been a fan of the cartoony current Gwent style and hoped for something like this, but the shown preview exceeded my expectations. Of course, there are things to improve, but thumbsup for the overall look abd feel.

Regarding the new boards, I didn't get one thing: are we going to have the split design for matches with different factions (when you have you half of the board in your faction's style and the other have - in your opponent's faction style) or it's going to be a single style based your faction and each player will be seeing their own board? Hard to imagine how you are going to blend in two different styles with this new battlefield approach, but I guess we'll see soon.

I can see a lot of people are afraid the game will run poor on low-end specs. Would be nice if you also thought about cool effects and graphics settings for high-end machines as well.

@Dennissimmo

The requirements should be about the same. As for the board visuals, that question has already been asked. Still waiting for an answer, though.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the questions have already been asked.)

Hello CDPR!

First of all I must say that I am quite impresed by current looking of Homecoming! Of course, there is still space for improvements but I know that you will hear us and do your best. :)

My question is - How often can we approximately expect updates about Homecoming since first showcase?
Second question: When leaders are present on the board like figures, can you still play them like card or do they have only passive ability right now?

Thank you for information, have a nice day and best luck with HC! <3

Dear Burza, i had a little thought regarding weather and the new reach mechanic, since 'Reach' determines how far a unit can target, wouldn't it be cool to have some weather be able to work as a 'barrier' / decrease the reach of units on a row so they couldn't target as far therefore giving protection for your cards that would be targeted otherwise. Plus it kinda works you know if there is a fog , the units in that fog cant see so therefore it can't shoot as far.

@Lilith95

The questions you have asked have already been asked by other users; still awaiting an answer, though. Stay tuned! Anyhow, I've moved your post to the discussion thread.

@BogdanMichon

Thank your for your suggestion, but the Ask a Dev thread is for questions only.

First of all, this is not my edit.
I took it from here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/9cjyk3

Can we please have a light spec/alternate board?
I like the original design, but for potato computers or tournaments this seems soooo goood.

Can we have both? Is it possible? It would be the best of two worlds imo.

Also when can we see a complete game with focus on mechanics/Gameplay?

@Thunderscape

The question you have asked has already been asked by another user; still awaiting an answer, though. Stay tuned! Anyhow, I've moved your post to the discussion thread.

hi burza what`s the minimum system requirements of HC gwent ?

The specs should be about the same. More details will follow later.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked and answered.)

Hey there!
As seen in the Homecoming video, silver cards are getting totally removed. Some current bronze, silver and gold cards are also probably not going to appear in the Homecoming release. What is the devs approach towards the whole refund phase in that case?
Are we getting the refund period few days before actual Homecoming to make it easier or is there going to be something more complicated; and if complicated - are we still going to receive same amount of collected resources, as calculated before the changes?
Tl;dr Since you've shown us a lot at the Challenger regarding project HC - are you able to explain the refund process?

Hi Burza,

Really like the new look of the game for Homecoming :)

I was just wondering how the game decides which faction board is displayed.

Is it always the opponent's faction, randomly chosen between the two players, or is it half and half like the current gwent?

Thanks!

Hello,
In the video we see monsters fighting monsters and the new board is the one for their faction so i wonder, when 2 different factions fight is there only the board for one faction or is the field cut in 2 halfs, and if so is there something to make the connection between the 2 parts?
Thank you for you time.

@Azgog @Cesclame

Moved your post over to the discussion thread because your questions have already been asked, pending an answer from the devs. Stay tuned.

@MrD1e

Your whole collection will be auto-milled for its current full scrap and meteorite powder value.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked and answered.)

Top Bottom