GWENT: Ask a Dev Discussion Thread

+
Do you plan to make it possible to synchronize accounts from different platforms? I mean that we will be to log in GOG account on PS4 or Xbox for example?

Because of the restrictions Sony has imposed, that won't be possible. You can synchronize your account between the Windows Store and the Xbox. Other than that, there are no plans to expand it.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because it has already been answered before.)

Asking the hard questions:

Morenn: Forest Child.

Currently, the non premium art has her, uh, exploring Geralt’s teachings. But the premium art has her slapping her leg in delight at what a lovely day it is.

Given the new ESRB rating that says “nudity” and “strong sexual content,” can we expect that the artwork, including the premium versions, might be a bit more, well, nekkid?

@FinalLogic

Existing art will not be adjusted to match the new age rating. Future art, maybe.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked and answered.)

@FinalLogic

Existing art will not be adjusted to match the new age rating. Future art, maybe.

(Post moved to the discussion thread because the question has already been asked and answered.)

Ah, totally get it. I was a little surprised at this card specifically, since the non-Premium art has her hand in between her legs, and the original art was actually topless, it seemed like it was possible they'd change it given they already have the assets of the original nude painting.

Hey,

Let's assume that Homecoming and Thronebreaker would be a huge success and Gwent would get a lot of new players. After that you will probably start making new expansions, but isn't printing more and more cards is like printing more and more money ? It only makes the inflation stronger, just look at MTG or even HearthStone.

How about a little bit different approach ? Along side with printing cards you can also add new game concepts, for example
Diamond Cards
a) Average Strength : 24+
b) Only 2 copies in the deck
c) Costs : 1200 (or more)
d) Optional : Plus 1 gold and 2 silver slots in the deck
e) Balancing : you cannot play 2 Diamond cards in one round
f) Balancing : available after 15th rank

Fast Game
A simple game mode where mulligans and turns lasts only 10 seconds. Only one grand rule, but it's enough to make the mode insanely fun.

I have more than 20 even better ideas that will make Gwent more entertaining, complex and versatile.
So I was wandering, what do I need to do to reach dev's who make the decisions about the game ?? (probably people like Rafal Jaki and Mateusz Tomaszkiewicz )

@ideageneratorrr

I've moved the post to the discussion thread because it's not a question, but rather a suggestion.

If you want to make one or more suggestions, you can post them in the suggestions forum.

As for your first idea, CDPR has announced that they will change the silver and gold limit in favor of a provision system. Adding diamond cards and introducing a new diamond limit kinda directly goes against that (provision) idea. Also, adding diamond cards doesn't prevent power creep (inflation) and it will actually limit future design. It's not as easy as you think.

Hi. After the Homecoming card reset, will I receive scraps and powder for a milled premium card or just scraps? Thank you

@YawgmothG

You will receive scraps and powder for premium cards.

What's being done about Skellige spam in multiple archetypes? Are you limiting resurrection somehow?

What about NG Viper witchers? Thanks.

What's being done about Skellige spam in multiple archetypes? Are you limiting resurrection somehow?

What about NG Viper witchers? Thanks.

The points will be toned down, but resurrection remains for SK, though it will be removed from other factions.

Viper Witchers will also be changed.

The points will be toned down, but resurrection remains for SK, though it will be removed from other factions.

Viper Witchers will also be changed.

I guess I should read up on that thread of yours. Thanks for all the replies over the last few days.

Hi guys, I'm a huge fan of Spell'Tael deck (Protectors, mercs-sages-ales), reaching rank 20 every season with it since I started playing.
I have a question about the changes in Homecoming: considering that there will be two rows, max 2 of each bronze card, bla bla bla, I wonder if Spell'Tael would be still a thing or not.
I'm afraid that next season will be the last glorious season for this archetype.
If my fears are true, please just let me know, I must be prepared when the time will come :(

I know it's dumb of me to do what I'm going to do, yet here I am. But, first things first: Hi, I've been playing Gwent for an extremely long time and ever since I picked it up, it's genuinely been of the best games I've ever played. When I first looked through the different deck archetypes I could build (i.e. Trio, Ambush, Spying, Discard, etc.) I knew that the best deck type for me was going to be Consume. Throughout Gwent's lifetime, I've seen many, many card effects come and go but one thing always remained the same: Consume. As I played Gwent, I grew to love the Consume cards unlike any other and I almost exclusively played that deck even to this day. My love, and familiarity with these cards is what made it so heartbreaking when I learned that cards like Arachas Drones wouldn't be returning with Homecoming...I genuinely didn't believe that this could be happening when I first read it, these "Triplet" cards were a staple of my favorite deck and many other players'. I don't know where to go with this desperate plea but all I'm asking is that you don't change the Consume cards, please. I do not joke, when I say that I would get on my knees and beg for you not to change these cards because I've grown to know them so well. I don't expect you to listen to me, and that's fair, I'm only a single person, but I hope, and beg, that you would simply spare the Consume cards from this great shifting of tides and leave them the way they are. I don't know why I think this will help anymore than anything else I've typed but, here's my decklist (A pure Consume deck, untainted by meta cards or "staples"):
Leader: Arachas Queen (She consumes, is an Insectoid)
  • Golds:
  • Kayran (Great for removing enemy cards through Consumption, is an Insectoid)
  • Ge'els (Can combo with Toad Prince to draw the second card guaranteed)
  • Regis: Higher Vampire (Great for removing combo pieces from enemy's deck through Consumption)
  • Miruna (She has won me too many games to not stay in my deck, is a Beast)
  • Silvers:
  • Ruehin (Boost all of my Insectoids and Cursed units)
  • Toad Prince (Draws card, Consumes, is Cursed)
  • Ozzrel (Great for removing their cards from graveyard to prevent revival by Consuming it)
  • Mourntart (She Consumes an extremely large amount of units, she was also one of the first Silvers I've ever gotten and she's never left my decklist, even when she was extremely easy to counter when she had the count-down timer)
  • Prize-Winning Cow (Is a beast, it's easy to spawn the Chort through Consumption)
  • Monster Nest (Great for every situation-Need some Arachas? Spawn an Arachas Behemoth-Need to punish the enemy for stacking their units on 1 row? Spawn the Rotfiend)
  • Bronzes:
  • 2x Nekker Warriors (3 is too many and can keep you from drawing the card that you want to duplicate, like Nekkers, Harpies, or Arachas)
  • 3x Arachas Behemoth (Lots of Consuming = A lot of Arachas Drones)
  • 2x Forktails (You always want to Consume but you also want to draw the units that need to be Consumed)
  • 3x Celaeno Harpy (More eggs = More Consumption, is a Beast)
  • 2x Vran Warrior (It's the same deal with the Forktails)
  • 2x Barbegazi (Resilience is powerful but you don't want to draw them on Round 3, is an Insectoid)
  • 3x Nekker (Nekkers are most powerful when there are a large quantiry in your deck)
  • 2x Ghoul (Great for denying the opponent from reviving from your graveyard, and great for Consuming their Agents, but 3 Ghouls is excessive and you aren't always going to have something good to consume in your graveyard)
  • Harpy (You don't want to draw a Harpy in the first place, but also, I don't have too many Beasts in my deck to want to play more than 1)
  • 3x Arachas Drone (The first card I ever crafted, please don't remove this card, it holds so much sentiment to me)
  • 2x Slyzard (They're fantastic for "reviving" any of the Consume cards that you need for a combo, I only have 2 because originally I was too poor to afford 3 but eventually I realized that 2 was the perfect amount)
I'm at a loss for words now, all I can think of is the fact that these cards might be leaving, never to be played again and it saddens me greatly. But, regardless of your choice, Gwent is a great game and I'm sure it'll be for the better, but please, at least consider what I've said.

Top Bottom