GWENT: Community Q&A Thread - Ask Your Questions Here

+
I notieced that there are sometimes cards that remain on the board when a new round starts, having been played in a previous round. For example, they are played in round 1, round 1 ends, and when round 2 starts, they are already on the board. When does that happen? What are the conditions for that?

Resilience, either applied or the card has it by default. Look for a tower icon at the lower left corner to identify such cards.
You can get rid of resilience with a purify effect.

Do rewards trees ever reset, e.g. at the beginning of a new season? What happens if you actually manage to complete all of them?
Post automatically merged:

Also, if I've partly completed a reward tree specific to a given season and this season comes to an end, will I be able to continue where I stopped in a year's time when that specific season arrives again or will the tree be reset?

Last edited:
Do rewards trees ever reset, e.g. at the beginning of a new season?
Latest official news I've seen is that the seasonal trees will be back next year with whatever progress you made on them this year. So they won't reset.

(Also, merged a couple of your threads with our community Q&A thread.)

Hello the great Devs responsible for this great game, Thanks ahead of time for all your hard work on this really fun engaging unique experience. It's given me a lot of hours of play so far. Loving it the only thing though is I am around like level 35 +/- and it seems as if even when I win a ranked match or any match for that matter even the side matches w/ resilency, etc. I'm literally arriving back at the home screen with not one thing having won....? Nothing at all. I mean not even a key for winning what is usually a good 15/20 min. chunk of a match. Jeez, if that keeps up, I'm sorry but there's just no point to play. Looking for clearance on how progression and rewards works. I think it's absolutely intracule in keeping the interest & players here playing....
Happy Thanksgiving! Thanks guys! :)

Last edited:
I'm a new player and there wasn't that much in the way of a tutorial, and there seem to be a lot of abilities that aren't properly explained.

I'm playing as monster faction but frequently am matched with people and I can't target there cards with actions such as Alzurs Thunder or Geralts ability. So I'll use geralt on one of their 9+ cards only to find that their card is greyed out and I can't use it...with no warning or reason why. Can someone let me know the reason for this because I saw nothing on the board that explained it.

Thanks

I'm playing as monster faction but frequently am matched with people and I can't target there cards with actions such as Alzurs Thunder or Geralts ability. So I'll use geralt on one of their 9+ cards only to find that their card is greyed out and I can't use it
Sounds like there was a Defender card on that row. Defenders protect all the other cards in their row; targeted effects (such as Alzur's Thunder or Geralt) can only target the Defender. Such cards have an "aim" or "crosshair" icon in the bottom left corner, in addition to the Defender tag in their description text.

(Also, thread merged.)

Sounds like there was a Defender card on that row. Defenders protect all the other cards in their row; targeted effects (such as Alzur's Thunder or Geralt) can only target the Defender. Such cards have an "aim" or "crosshair" icon in the bottom left corner, in addition to the Defender tag in their description text.

(Also, thread merged.)

Thanks for the response. I've realised this now, and defenders have armour as well which makes them immune to direct damage, so they can't be destroyed and make every card in their row immune...that seems a little overpowered?

I've realised this now, and defenders have armour as well which makes them immune to direct damage, so they can't be destroyed and make every card in their row immune...that seems a little overpowered?
You can use a Purify effect on such a card to get rid of its Defender status (and any other statuses it may have).

Morning all,

I've just requested that my PC GOG account be deleted (tried to give it away, but apparently, that's not allowed)

Will my Forum access be deleted too? I can't remember if it's tied to my GOG account or not.

Hopefully the PS4 migration will go smoothly on Monday!
Post automatically merged:

I'm pretty sure it would have taken a mod less time to actually just answered the question, rather than burying the post in this thread! :shrug:

Last edited:
is it normal to keep getting opponents that are 1 rank higher than me?

To add to the answer above, 1 rank higher (or lower) isn't that big of a difference regarding player's skills. As such, the algorithm still allows for such discrepancies.

(PS. Moved the post to the Q&A thread)

Hello,

Just want to ask : will the old 'trebuchet' (replaced by bombardment) come in the future expansion? I just feel strange that there can 'ballista' and 'reinforced ballista', why there cannot be 'trebuchet' and 'reinforced trebuchet'?

The question seems to be weird, but I hope there can be a variety of siege engines that I can use to construct in my deck with the new scenario card 'siege'.

Thanks for replying.

Problem SOLVED. The issue was caused by the game making the option to "Pass" the only option in the game where you have to hold down the mouse button to Pass the turn.

Started playing GWENT today, which was my first play of any Witcher related content (i.e. I haven't played the Witcher series yet).

In the tutorial, I tried pressing "Pass" when the option was there but nothing happened.

The same thing has happened in the game against human opponents. My opponents can Pass on consecutive turns and I can't do it even once. So I burn through the cards in my hand, without getting new cards given to me, so, when I have no cards in my hand, I get badly beaten by my opponent.

This doesn't really seem fair! Is that how the game is supposed to play?

On a different issue, it's not clear to me how you supposed to progress in the "Paths" which appear in the game's app.

I would have preferred it if the game had the rules in text form, in the game itself. I've watched the two videos by Jason Slama, but that doesn't really explain some of the basic mechanics of the games.

Sorry if I'm not supposed to post this kind of question here, but it's the only section I can post in, apparently.

P.S. I just noticed that this site uses ReCaptcha. This looks like being a nightmare. This time I had to go through 5 sets of pictures.. A complete PITA.

Last edited:
Top Bottom