GWENT: Community Q&A Thread - Ask Your Questions Here

+
Hey! Does someone know if the trinkets for Wolf Season will be exactly the same like year ago, or reds are going to change them due to no previous seasonal mode?

Is there a Thread about Gwent Etiquette Somewhere ?
Just curious because I think I might not be being as Courteous as I think I am.

How does the Perk for Prestige 4 work ?
I am curious, since that is the next I will receive and the description seems unclear to me.
Does every daily quest give 1 reward point in addition to the regular reward, can I get reward point for won games (and if with which chance ?) or does it do something else ?

How does the Perk for Prestige 4 work ?
I am curious, since that is the next I will receive and the description seems unclear to me.
Does every daily quest give 1 reward point in addition to the regular reward, can I get reward point for won games (and if with which chance ?) or does it do something else ?
As I see it, it is comletely random. I get no notofication (only the normal rewards are shown), but I know always how many RPs I have and I notice when I get one from Prestige 4.

I got into Gwent in the Witcher 3 and played the gwent game when it first released on PC, started playing again on the mobile and a lot has changed.
  1. I’ve just been using Northern realms and my tactic is to boost Tridam infantry. It works well and I’ve only lost once or twice but I feel when I come up against stronger opponents it won’t work so well. Would you recommend using a different faction and what tactics are best for a newbie?
  2. What’s the best way to use they keys? So far I’ve just been using them all on the NR storyline thing.
  3. Any gold I get I’ve just been opening base kegs and NR kegs, is there a better way to go about using it?
  4. Any other tips for me?
Thanks in advance!

Does vitality work as a shield effect?

Opponent had a Tridum Infantry with +3 Vitality
I hit it with Alzur's Thunder and it fizzled with no impact

Is this intended or a bug?

Hi

I just started to play the game again and i have a, probably, silly question. I build this deck: https://www.playgwent.com/en/decks/75c7231e1088f75f33571bfec48d4873, but i cannot exceed 162 provision points. How can i use 166, like the guy that build it?

Thanks
The deck is from before patch 5.1, which reduced Pincer Maneuver's Provision bonus by 3 and upped Philippa: Blind Fury's Provision cost by 4. This explains the difference of 4 Provisions. The deck used to cost 165 with a cap of 165.

(Post moved to the Q&A thread because it's not a question for developers.)

Will android and IOS be compatible with one another? Will I be able to play against my friends on IOS vs Android?

Got two questions about cards/texts/abilities.

1st. Deathblow "activate this ability if this card destroys a unit". Not true. The correct version should be something like "if this card brings a unit to zero power". Example: destroying Yghern by bringing it to 0 armor doesnt trigger deathblow, yet you do destroy the unit.

2nd. Playing Ciri: Dash as fifth card from the end... card abilities are resolved at turn end, giving you a new card before the turn is over. But even though you get a new card by Ciri: Dash you're still forced to pass. It's like the client isnt smart enough to calculate that you're not out of cards next turn. You should be able to just 'end turn' and auto-pass if you have no cards left AFTER end of turn. Just lost a game since I was forced to pass with a card on hand that would've granted me the win.

Any thoughts on these two matters?

Hi, I can't create threads as a new user, but I have a question about the "Defender" cards and was not able to find a relevant thread. If you could suggest the exact thread for me to post this in I will be glad to repost it there.

I will provide a short example of my case here, but I have other examples of how this interferes with the balance of the game If this needs further discussion.

Defender cards don't let you target other cards on the same row. My opponent played the Nilfgaard defender card, Ffion Var Gaernel, and placed their Scenario Artifact card on the same row on their next turn. I played the artifact removal Bomb Heaver card but was not able to remove the artifact, because their defender did not let me target their artifact card. Was it intended that way? Should the Defender text be changed to "Can not target other units."?

In case of Nilfgaard and NR, both their Scenarios are aimed offensively compared to others and their Defender cards are not taken down as easily as Azzar Haved and
Figgiz Merluzzo, which means NR and Nilfgaard benefit from this much more than other factions.

Was it intended that way?
Yes, because Defenders protect ALL cards on the row. Not just units.
1581950812375.png

Asking here, to the mods because im aware the 'Ask a dev' thread wont get any response. Also, they are probably the ones dealing with this problem:

What's up with the spam threads that pop up in this forum every night? They have korean characters, fill up the entire page, all identical, and are usually gone the next day, im assuming because the mods dealt with it. Are they DDOS attacks on the servers, or phish/scam attempts or something else?

What's up with the spam threads that pop up in this forum every night?
It's just spam. We clean it up, and if it gets reported it may get noticed quicker. I know it sucks (and I hate it), but we're doing our best to keep it under control.

Got two questions about cards/texts/abilities.

1st. Deathblow "activate this ability if this card destroys a unit". Not true. The correct version should be something like "if this card brings a unit to zero power". Example: destroying Yghern by bringing it to 0 armor doesnt trigger deathblow, yet you do destroy the unit.

2nd. Playing Ciri: Dash as fifth card from the end... card abilities are resolved at turn end, giving you a new card before the turn is over. But even though you get a new card by Ciri: Dash you're still forced to pass. It's like the client isnt smart enough to calculate that you're not out of cards next turn. You should be able to just 'end turn' and auto-pass if you have no cards left AFTER end of turn. Just lost a game since I was forced to pass with a card on hand that would've granted me the win.

Any thoughts on these two matters?

No one?

I could only point out that Yghern destroys itself when he has no armor, you're not the one destroying it when you destroy his armor. I bet same would happen with the Sk warrior that destroys himself when he reaches berserk 4.

I have no idea about the second question.

Top Bottom