Hard difficulty

+
Hard difficulty

I don't see much difference between normal and hard difficulty.

In fact i am finding most fights are easer on hard difficulty as Geralt is killing monsters and soldiers easier.

A few bosses and soldier fights are harder but apart from them i don't see much difference.

Maybe you are trying improved tactics on hard, so it seems easy. I'll have to experiment with this.

It's not that it's easier or less difficult, it's that after having played through the whole game, you not only know what to expect, but you're also much better at it.

I found the same thing at the start when I re-started a hardmode game. I think it's really just that you've gotten better at it, you know how to use all your tools, and you're better at predicting enemy AI.

But later on you'll find it does get harder. Especially late game where you get mobbed by heaps of enemies and teleporting mages.

However, I found boss fights to indeed be easier on hardmode. I mean, easier in the sense that I'd gotten better by they really haven't gotten harder. Better AI + more health/damage makes enemies more dangerous only when they're in a mob. Against a single boss, better AI doesn't mean much, more health just means the fight takes a bit longer, more damage... well you should know how to dodge properly anyway.

fchopin said:
I don't see much difference between normal and hard difficulty.

In fact i am finding most fights are easer on hard difficulty as Geralt is killing monsters and soldiers easier.

A few bosses and soldier fights are harder but apart from them i don't see much difference.

I notice that to after doing my hard PT with only alchemy and some sword skills but you could easily die with one or two attacks coming from behind if you were not careful with the bosses and some monsters. Trying the insanity now but I am only at the prologue not that much difference, well at least for the regular enemies. I bet Geralt is going to die from fire burns from talking with the npcs on Henselt camp lol

Well, on hard with the commando jacket, one hit from behind by a wraith killed me outright during Claws of Madness.

slimgrin said:
Well, on hard with the commando jacket, one hit from behind by a wraith killed me outright during Claws of Madness.

I agree that you get killed quicker but did you also test if you kill enemies easier?

I am finding the dragon in the last chapter much more difficult.

fchopin said:
I agree that you get killed quicker but did you also test if you kill enemies easier?

I am finding the dragon in the last chapter much more difficult.

I've gotten killing the dragon down to a science. It's actually sad how easy the dragon is once you know how to beat it.

AnthonyF1227 said:
I've gotten killing the dragon down to a science. It's actually sad how easy the dragon is once you know how to beat it.

I figured the technique out last night so it's easy now if your careful.

Top Bottom