Hard start...

+
So what kind of forum is this where you cant make a thread unless you have 10 post???? Oh yea is the kind of forum like the game is. I mean useless, now,i am new to witcher i bought the game 1 year ago but after few missions where i strugled even on easy mode i deleted the game, once every few months i reinstalled and give another try but after 1 hour deleted again. Now i want to finish the game but i camt even play it . I am level 10 and my damage vs enemy damage just sucks like the whole game. What kind of game is this on SUPER EASY MODE you cant survive? Wtf is wrong with this game? Do you expect as a new player to spend 2 hours over and over and over and over to just finish a level 9 mission? This game sucks mechanics are bad . Graphics not really impresive but i like the world of w3 , but i will delete this again now and i will never buy any game from you if on low level missions i cant survive. You made the game not to enjoy it but to get angry every time an enemy attaks me they get 80% of my health. Too much shit on this game. You made it to keep us 1 year until reach max level.

Welcome @Gyulyan !

Post moved.

In general:

1.) The game is made to be pretty difficult in the beginning...and much more robust in the end. It is not a typical, "leveled experience". Expect a hard early-game, challenging middle-game, and brutal end-game.

2.) Once you know the system a bit, it's not too hard to transform that into a hard early-game, leisurely middle-game, and cake-walk endgame.

3) I personally find Blood and Bones difficulty to be the most balanced:
You're goal is to not be hit. If you are hit, you're going to suffer, and that will require healing. If you play skillfully and defensively...as all good witchers are trained...you'll probably walk away from most every fight. Anything else...and you'll probably find your grave. Not a nice world.

5 years ago when the game was released the graphics were very impressive. Obviously, 4, 5 years is a long time for any game and a lot of amazing looking games have been released after that. Still, from my point of view TW3 is still looking pretty good visually.

As for the difficulty: You do need to be a bit careful on easiest mode, true. Less than with the other modes but enough. And yes, it will get easier later. It can help to pay attention to your gear. Also, better not challenge higher leveled opponents during the first few levels. Potions can help too and it‘s often easier at the beginning, to do the Witcher roll if you need to avoid damage. Aaaand using the quen sign saved me a lot during my first playthrough.

Even if it might take a bit to get a feeling for how the game is supposed to be played and what kind of playstyle works for you, that‘s still only a small part of the journey.

A lot of games can be quite challenging on easy difficulties (some perhaps even more). See God of War for example, or Horizon Zero Dawn.

So what kind of forum is this where you cant make a thread unless you have 10 post????
Because before this feature was implemented the forum used to be flooded by spam posted by bot accounts.

As with every open world game, you're rewarded for exploration. From experience, the game started difficult on DM and grew easier, but that's because I improved considerably during my playthrough. I had absolutely no experience with The Witcher prior to starting TW3 and I beat Eredin first try on DM.

Exploration will gift you with the most alchemy diagrams and Places of Power possible, which will let you boost your character much further than if you rushed through the game. Acquire Gourmet to solve the healing issue and respec later on as necessary, because every Ability point is vital on DM.

That being said... B&BB, as SigilFey put it, is indeed the most balanced difficulty. I almost think it was intended as the Normal difficulty, which is usually the most balanced, with DM as the Hard mode if you're seeking a challenge. What frustrates me the most on Death March is human combat, because enemies are damage sponges and take 5 times as many hits to die than Geralt does. Fistfights are completely unrealistic on DM, as if Geralt was a child against grown men.

B&BB may be more forgiving but it doesn't seem to be trivial considering that on Xbox Live the achievement for B&BB or DM has only a less than 2% completion... DM is even less. Monsters WILL ruin your day, Foglet contract can kill you in two hits, very annoying, and Shrieker with bleeding effect can be very challenging. Iris' Worst Nightmares will become Geralt's as well if you play on DM and go for the achievement/trophy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom