Hardware Thread - General.

+
I wouldn't worry about it, especially with how 'The Witcher 3' looked like on the current consoles. And, with no release date, i would not jump into thinking about if it is bad or good. - Che

Lets hope so. Some of us have the systems and we want to be hit.
Same. I bought two 980s to play TW3 around launch and I had to sell one of the cards because I overspent to play a game that was downgraded to be playable on a 970. It broke my heart. :cry:

Same. I bought two 980s to play TW3 around launch and I had to sell one of the cards because I overspent to play a game that was downgraded to be playable on a 970. It broke my heart. :cry:

Yeah and by hit i don't mean crushed by a flapping ponytail.
I'd like to see textures & lighting that can bring a 1080ti to its knees.

I'm rocking a i7-6700k, 32GB of RAM and a 1080 paired with a 144hz 1440p G-sync monitor. I think I'm good but I might upgrade to a 1180Ti if it comes out before the game (although IIRC nvidia said that their next gen of GPUs are a ways off).

I'm rocking a i7-6700k, 32GB of RAM and a 1080 paired with a 144hz 1440p G-sync monitor. I think I'm good but I might upgrade to a 1180Ti if it comes out before the game (although IIRC nvidia said that their next gen of GPUs are a ways off).

They'll come out before Cyberpunk.
Hopefully that rotten coal burning coin mining can die so GPU prices can come back to normal.

I'm going to get 1080ti for sure. Just to be sure that I would be able to run CP with the best graphics

I'm going to get 1080ti for sure. Just to be sure that I would be able to run CP with the best graphics

You mean an 1180ti?
In the other thread, i said i hoped that there's textures and lighting that will bring a 1080ti or even 1180ti to its knees.
We can throttle the settings to suit our current GPU, and enjoy the game again at MAX in future when there's better tech.

They'll come out before Cyberpunk.
Hopefully that rotten coal burning coin mining can die so GPU prices can come back to normal.
I'm hoping EVGA will come out with their hybrid water cooled version of the 1180ti, or whatever they will call it, before Cyberpunk. Might get that. The regular 1180 seem to be on the same level as the 1080ti, so not a boost compared to what I have already.

This needs pinning. Thank you so much!
This is most likely why I've been so confused about what you've been saying. I saw the first trailer (I watched E3), and I was completely baffled. The entire time I thought, "this literally looks achievable, certainly not better than GTA."

If the first trailer is about (maybe a little worse in the end) what we can expect from the game, I'm 100% happy and not going to complain. No, it doesn't look as good as the YT 4K stuff, but it makes me feel better that it might actually be a current-gen title.

I am definitely upgrading, but I will wait til.....you know..... we have a solid release date, I will upgrade like a month out from release, which for all we know is 2021 :S.

Hi guys I hope you can help me. My PC is getting a bit old and although I think it will still be able to run Cyerpunk okay, I was wondering if there's anything I could upgrade that you think might help it along a little bit. I've put a photo of my specs below in the spoiler cut.

Thanks in advance :D

IDK, after reading previews from the demo it sounds like this game will have very very hard time to run on PS4/XBOX ONE. Read this for example: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2018...-50-minutes-of-william-gibson-level-insanity/ ... And Arstechnica is more tech site than gaming site. Very similar thing was said by Digital Foundry guy (another tech oriented site)

It's also true that this is a different version of the Red Engine, so maybe it has some rendering magic bullshit that makes able to render that kind of city on the current hardware.

Hi guys I hope you can help me. My PC is getting a bit old and although I think it will still be able to run Cyerpunk okay, I was wondering if there's anything I could upgrade that you think might help it along a little bit. I've put a photo of my specs below in the spoiler cut.

Thanks in advance :D
Download more RAM. That'll do it.

Download more RAM. That'll do it.

Hmmm downloading might be a bit of an issue, I have to hold my PC in my arms and jump on a trampoline with a 4g dongle plugged into it to get any downloads. How long will it take? My arms and legs get tired after about 1 hour of jumping.

I hope my GTX 1070 and an I7 4770k will be enough for 1080p 60 FPS and I also hope the game will not be downgraded like The Witcher 3.

Top Bottom