Harvest Of Sorrow - The final card drop of Price Of Power

+
This card makes me fear a bit... In a Witch Hunter themed deck it can be very powerful, and in addition to that, he can put a bounty on my highest-power unit... It feels like pain...

Last edited:
This card makes me fear a bit... In Witch Hunter themed deck it can be very powerful, and in addition to that, he can put a bounty on my highest-power unit... It feels like pain...
SY now reminds me a bit of the SK Warriors (though not yet AS horrible) from Master Mirror expansion (the WORST time to play Gwent in my almost 1 and a half years of Gwent experience), all their effects are: DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL... and it repeats until the game ends. lol

Last edited:
The_Brute.png

revealed by Tygodniowy Gwint

Finally a card that actually helps SY Witch Hunters do their thing, rather than adding more and more damage to the point that the new damage tools become liabilities. I would assume that similar to Artaud Terranova the counter for the last instance of a unit with bounty being destroyed carries over between rounds, so with this card (and maybe Ignatius) Witch Hunters actually get a viable short round.

Last edited:
Strong potential, boost is pretty weak against swarm decks, but so is the archetype. Pretty happy with my bounty deck; making changes to fit purge in, but don't know yet if I'll incorporate The Brute as mine is more control heavy (also why I don't run Ignatius). Might make a pure Witch Hunter deck just to try him out.

Bounty would be cool if it actually required Witch Hunter synergy to remove the target instead of just having Freakshow/Tunnel Drill kill anything you'd like at all times.
I appreciate them trying to establish more defined archetypes for SY but I don't see pure Witch Hunter decks being played unless some bigger changes happen to the faction. Universal spenders are just too good.

Bounty would be cool if it actually required Witch Hunter synergy to remove the target instead of just having Freakshow/Tunnel Drill kill anything you'd like at all times.
I appreciate them trying to establish more defined archetypes for SY but I don't see pure Witch Hunter decks being played unless some bigger changes happen to the faction. Universal spenders are just too good.
It's a long shot, but patch notes could limit how bounty is cashed in. Not likely though.

Ah look, a buff to the self-poison archetype, cos every card is a buff to the self-poison archetype at the moment.

This card drop is going in a completly different direction than what i expected. Hopefully, we won't have to deal with more ridiculously overpowered cards lika Mammuna. I was suprised to see some people crying how weak or strong some cards are, i don't think any of the new cards are too strong or too weak. I will probably change my mind once MO gets more overpowered braindead point-slam tho, i'm pretty sure the same people who complain about NG will jizz their pants over these MO cards.

ST
Hand-buff is a nice suprise, but i think it could be lot better.
Filavandrel - he seems overpriced, but i said the same about Simlas and he turned out to be pretty damn good, so i will not cry about how weak he is before i try him :)
Torque - amazing card, love it. RNG heavy, but that's probably fine. One weird thing is that he's depicted in a forest instead of a field, where Geralt first meet him.
Watcher of the Valley - filler card that could be so much more. His Bonded ability would be amazing if you could actually pull it of reliably.
Bountiful Harvest - pretty decent card, but i think it could synergize better with Watcher.
Choose one: Create and play a bronze Dol Blathanna Elf, then, depending on the position of chosen unit, boost the left-most, random, or the right-most unit in your hand by 2; OR Spawn and play Watcher of the Valley, then boost all copies of Watcher of the Valley in your hand and deck.
I belive, this way Watcher could become actual mechanic instead of simple filler card.

NG
I'm not happy to see more assimilate support, but i'm also glad it's not mill or clog :D
Vilgefortz - situationaly amazing with Vypper or Melusine, but most of the time he'll probably be just OK for a 13 prov card.
Lydia - at first glance she seems too cheap, but when you think about it, the options she gives you are not that great. She does the same thing as a tall card in MO thrive deck - it's just another trigger.
Illusionist - i like this one, could be really fun to play with the new Vilgefortz and possibly some soldier support.
Imperial Practitioner - i saw some people freaking out about this card. Why? It's not that crazy. You have to time it really well to get some good value out of it. The best way to use this card is probably as a combo with Joachim and some damage.

ST - Yeah Handbuff!

NG - Whatever

SY -
DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL, DAMAGE, DAMAGE, KILL... and it repeats until the game ends

MO - Will the record for fastest nerfs be broken? If so, then the new cards must be nerfed on release!

NR - Who?

SK - It's raining

Hopefully it will change this s***id meta of elve spels and drilers but it wont... wohoo. Actually only playable decks ... and sabbath LMAO xD

Purge

Very, very strong support for SY bounty/witch hunter archetype. The 5 provisions card with the most damage potential in the whole game.
The deathblow makes this card to be both an ellimination-tool and a bounty giver in a witch hunter swarm.

Evaluation: 10 out of 10. Maybe the floor damage will be reduced soon.

The Brute

If you manage to hit cards like Yghern with bounty before he can be a 19 for 13 plus coins. On average he might be a 12 for 13 + coins.
Taking into account that there are cards like Mammuna which can easily be a 20 for 11 if you go into Griffin shows that the Brute might be a bit overpriced.
Further downsides are:
- In the high provision slots cards like The Witchfinder, The Scoundrel, Professor and Whoreson Junior are very fill fitting into the bounty archetype. I doubt that the Brute is really able to replace them.
- You may play him in round 3 and do not have sufficient spenders for his many coins
- His deploy boost can also be of terrible value dependent on the match up.

Evaluation: 6 out of 10. At first look he appears situational. Maybe combined with Jackpot and some kind of spender and Ignatius Hale you can celebrate a huge bounty payoff party in round 3.

So let me get this straight. This card draws the 2 Hale brothers (Ignatius and Fabian) from your deck and then shuffle back 2 cards (can be the 2 brothers as well I guess). Fabian and Ignatius don't see play now, would they see play because of this card? I doubt it. Me no likey this card.

Team Kreve states not only Igantius and Fabian but also The Brute and the Scoundrel:
Two out of the four cards Octavia can draw (Ignatius Hale and The Brute) are typically finishers for the bounty archetype so being able to guarantee both in round 3 if you just have Octavia in hand can be a very neat play. The other two targets (Fabian Hale and The Scoundrel) can provide some nice pointslam if tutored and played in earlier rounds, or saved for round 3 as well.

Octavia Hale:

For more information take a look here: https://teamkreve.com/articles/harvest-of-sorrow-octavia-hale

Currently she can draw Fabian Hale, Ignatius Hale, the Scoundrel and the Brute.
Honestly, Fabian is already a quite underwelming card. When I play bounty, most often I use him as an additional expensive bounty giver, as my circle of elimination and bounty giving does not has place for further spenders.
Ignatius Hale and the Brute can be nice finishers in round 3.
The Scoundrel is a card I really appreciate as you both have a difficult to remove spender in the bounty circle and can destroy specific strategies (most relevant again Mamunna decks).

One should remark that she also provides Snowdrop synergies, but I do not see a witch hunter/snowdrop deck.

Evaluation: I would evaluate her as a 4 out of 10. Combined with Tamara Strenger she can be a 8 for 7 plus some consistency help. I am not quite sure if the 4 Hale brother cards are really the cards which are the crucial ones in bounty decks. From my perspective cards like Witch finder, bounty spenders and elliminators are the most crucial ones.

Well since almost all the SY cards get revealed by now i can say.

Devs failed a lot with sy.

This Last months, month After month sy was tier 1, but not with The New cards but with The same lined pockets with The cards create before The New expansion.

So all those tier 1 deck are almost The same, without the new cards or only having witchfinder.

The problems?

Well, the first problem its, of course, tunnel drill. In a damage deck its simples the BEST card in the game and only 7 provision. So if you whant to put bountys on enemys, you whant tunnel drill.
But what is the problem of it? If you whant drill, you whant crownsplitters, and also you whant cleaver. And if you whant cleaver you whant olay with linned pockets. And if you are playing wwith lined pockets you whant crime cards, and for that, with crimes, crownsplites, tunel drill, cleaver you dont have space for anything else.

The second problem - i think its Tamara Strange. Since she can buff all the witchfinder by 1, all of them (before this expansion, this expansion i think dont have this problem) are capped because of her. And thats head to the 3rd and 4th problems.

3rd - witcher hunter executioner - he is only 3 body, easily removed. We have blood good friends with almost the same abillity (sometimes better, sometimes worss) with 6 body and WHE only have 3. Yes, of course someone will say WHE is much better, but i dont know, in round 1, as a good spender and do damage in buffed units i think BGF are almost "the same good".
And thats heads to the 4th problem

4th - the lack of damage units to sinergy with bounty. Well, since drill is not playable if you whant to go to a witch finder deck, you have only 4 damage cards. You have freackshow - its good, but the fact he spend 2 coins to 2 damage, a lot of times makes him spend more than necessary (AKA does 2 damage in a 1 unit power). You have Scoundrell (i think its the best card here, but vulnerable to tall remove) and you have the 2 poor witch hunter executioner. (ok, you still have moreelse and graden, but those are single shot)

5th - the lack of cards that sinergy with bountys without do damage - at this point, after read the 4th problem you are thinking - "maybe its ok have only 4 damage cards, because SY is already too good and with a lot of damage will be unbeatable" - and, of course, i agree with that. In fact the 4th problem its because devs only can see bounty with sinergy with damage. But what if we have other sinergys in bounty?
Devs tried that with fabian hale (put a bounty, if there is already a bounty gain the coins) and - sort of - with Ignatius hale. But what about other cards? Something like, "after the end of the turn boost yourself by one if there is an enemy unit with bounty", or fabian hale change to boost himself, or other units doing other things if there is bounty.
Why its almost damage and kill?

So the witcher hunter player will have this situations.

Round 1 - you whant some balance betwen bounty cards and damage cards. But since you have only 4 damage spenders, you will try to nor overcomit your spenders.
But if you dont have so much spender, or they got killed - specially WHE wich is really easy to kill - you have a lot of bounty cards doing nothing.
Round 2 - you only whant to pass and use your last damage spenders in round 3. But if you are unlucky in round 1, problaly you will be bleed and need to use the last spenders.
Round 3 - at this point, if you dindt commit your spenders you have some good chances to win. But if your spenders are out, you have only bounty cards doing nothing.

of course, i know, maybe i exaggerated a little, but, since no one plays the new expansion's cards (with the excecion of witcher hunter), i am, at least, half right.
Post automatically merged:

ok, last card revealed.

Its worst than beggar since doesnt have any tag, and beggar has blindeyes - scenario and sigi

Last edited:
Top Bottom