Having last say is to decisive

+
From all the cards that benefit last say I hate Kambi the most.
It's disgusting I'd rather see it changed to discarding the most right card and draw the top card of both players deck.

DRK3

Forum veteran
Well, i just faced a discard deck and i thought it was a Kambi one, which didnt get me worried.

I spent the night playing a weird Eredin deck, and i tell you, people give up on R1 when facing MO decks way WAY more often. When using other factions, im always pushed R1 until 4 cards, usually more, but with Eredin people are passing on 6/7 cards, even when i have crappy hands and cant keep going (which they dont know obviously)

Turns out his deck was weird too, and countered my weirdness 100% - i rely on immune and specials, and Yen Conjurer, so players with direct damage are screwed... i put an alpha werewolf, an immunized avallach, to then immune yen conjurer, i was so happy his spear was gonna brick... then the bastard hits me with double Shupe (with Decoy after thinning to 0), doing exactly 18 damage, removing my entire board.

Sorry, this might be offtopic, but i just had to share, its these moments of extreme bad luck where all the planets align for someone (the opponent).

Well, i just faced a discard deck and i thought it was a Kambi one, which didnt get me worried.

I spent the night playing a weird Eredin deck, and i tell you, people give up on R1 when facing MO decks way WAY more often. When using other factions, im always pushed R1 until 4 cards, usually more, but with Eredin people are passing on 6/7 cards, even when i have crappy hands and cant keep going (which they dont know obviously)

Turns out his deck was weird too, and countered my weirdness 100% - i rely on immune and specials, and Yen Conjurer, so players with direct damage are screwed... i put an alpha werewolf, an immunized avallach, to then immune yen conjurer, i was so happy his spear was gonna brick... then the bastard hits me with double Shupe (with Decoy after thinning to 0), doing exactly 18 damage, removing my entire board.

Sorry, this might be offtopic, but i just had to share, its these moments of extreme bad luck where all the planets align for someone (the opponent).

Exactly why I gave up the game. I still keep a friendly eye on the forum, mainly just to get validation that others experience the same "luck". Had a very similar deck, did me well up to Rank 6, tried to keep Yen for R3 and immune - would always feel the 'pause' on the other side of the board! But too often there'd be a waylay, a Shupe, a scorch, or whatever. I know it's the irrational mind, but there was always too much "oh, isn't THAT convenient" when trying to execute a variety of gameplans.

The only thing I did find was a Dragons Dream/Nivellen combination was quite useful. Players very rarely run weather removal.

My thing is different from all the experienced players on here, who will argue about the terms of a card when my personal view is the game is played wrong. I felt when they ran Beta, you had a deck that could effectively all come into play. With blacklisting, tutors, and a bigger starting hand it really did feel like you were playing with the deck.

With HC, it doesn't. Because R1 is restricted on cards its a crapshoot based on quality of the deal. You are constantly trying to build a deck to take into account the restrictive deal and lack of blacklisting/tutoring, but even in a really moderate hand you could still be dealt with no hope of winning R1 vs your opponent. However, in Beta if you didn't win R1, there was a good chance your oppo had used good cards to make that happen giving you something of a chance to win. None of this exists in the current game. It's one level up from rock/paper/scissors. Many players are on auto-pilot. How many NG's just burn through Nauzicaa/Magne/Witcher trio + Roach then a couple of pains like Traehern and an Infiltrator. There you go - that's EVERY NG deck you'll face today! MO deck? Repeat after me - Gernichore spore, Nekkers, Archespore, Drowner, Werewolf....OLD SPEARTIP! Ta-daaaa!

Variation is dead, monotony is everything, purely because this game doesn't allow a deck to be played with, just a handful of cards from the deck. Personally I think it needs a complete overhaul to make it considerably more strategic instead of the dull points spew/removal it currently is. Last say is only decisive if you get the right deal. Therefore the only decisive part of this game is the deck of the opponent in terms of countering yours, and the deal either of you get.

Raiie

Forum regular
Would also be nice if the game had no cards that are too similiar to the ciri:nova betacard, while also removing the create cards for obvious reasons.

Variation is dead, monotony is everything, purely because this game doesn't allow a deck to be played with,

Besides, everyone running the same cards since they are overpowered and non-nerfed. The challenging factor and the joy factor are therefor disappearing in this game. Instead of joy it's actually becoming a real annoyance. ppl play games to have some relaxing good time, not to grow frustrated and angry. Ive been playing games like this for 25 years but if the new cards do not bring any joy or balance this game will be actually the FIRST game I quit. The satisfaction that comes forth from steaming off energy is something this game doesn't have. I almost fall asleep everytime a unicorn is played or gerwin, then make mistakes since I get bored by the gameplay and then lose the game since it got me bored and out of focus. This game so far has reached a point that is has become more predictable then Sesamystreet.

Variation is dead, monotony is everything, purely because this game doesn't allow a deck to be played with,

Besides, everyone running the same cards since they are overpowered and non-nerfed. The challenging factor and the joy factor are therefor disappearing in this game. Instead of joy it's actually becoming a real annoyance. ppl play games to have some relaxing good time, not to grow frustrated and angry. Ive been playing games like this for 25 years but if the new cards do not bring any joy or balance this game will be actually the FIRST game I quit. The satisfaction that comes forth from steaming off energy is something this game doesn't have. I almost fall asleep everytime a unicorn is played or gerwin, then make mistakes since I get bored by the gameplay and then lose the game since it got me bored and out of focus. This game so far has reached a point that is has become more predictable then Sesamystreet.

After reading this I'm glad I started playing less than a week ago right at the doorstep of a new card set. I feel like I would die of boredom if decks were always the same (in the other words, I hope new set will shake up things a bit).

The will to play disappears, which is logical unless you're some programmed robot. I hope new cards change a lot, meanwhile I take a break from this game, played over 6000 hours including the beta time.

Top Bottom