Heavily dissapointed with the ending "system"

+
But.. uh.. what's the point? What's her story? Leaving aside the fact it wrecks Geralt's legacy doing another game, where's the story? The Hunt is gone, the Frost is gone - although I suppose they could resurrect them too, why not if you're going to rewrite the endings. If you're going to overhaul her powers to make combat different then you may as well just get a completely new character who doesn't have epic time travelling and combat abilities.

I didn't find Ciri boring because of the combat, btw, I suppose annoying might have been better. I wanted to pay as Geralt, and know what Geralt knew, and not get pulled out of that with the episodes of being Ciri. I wanted to have no idea if she was dead or alive until Geralt found her. I wanted to be on my knees wondering if the delays caused by all those people wanting favours meant I was too late, or if Avallac'h had tricked me; was the rest of the game going to be some sort of crazed search for revenge?

Don't get me wrong, it was still a beautifully done and powerful scene, but because I knew she couldn't possibly be dead it took something away from it. If that was the first moment Geralt (and I) had actually seen Ciri, then I would have had genuine doubt, because so many things I'd done up to that point had lived up to that "every decision you make will bring devastation."

I also know I'm probably a minority voice (at least here) in not enjoying the playing as Ciri portions of the game!

Umm point is CDPR said themselves TW3 was Geralt's last game as protagonist. Course he will be a supporting character in the next game I have no doubt about that but it's up to Ciri to find out why Avallac'h tricked her, if Ge'els and Avallac'h are planning something, the whole war situation etc.

My first play through I got the same ending. My Geralt protected Ciri at every point. He thinks she is dead. When he goes to retrieve her medallion, he breaks down as any father would but not sure if doesn't rally and fight his way back outside to his swords. Having said that I think he dies, doing what a professional Witcher does. I though it was a very beautiful moving emotional ending.
As for Ciri who knows Dandelion only says shes not been seen since.
In Sword of Destiny doesn't Geralt realize he has some emotions? I think he questions that- I can't remember where in the book that is though.

Well, Geralt had his Silver Sword with him when he entered the hut.

Still way better than ME3's shitty breath scene.

Umm point is CDPR said themselves TW3 was Geralt's last game as protagonist. Course he will be a supporting character in the next game I have no doubt about that but it's up to Ciri to find out why Avallac'h tricked her, if Ge'els and Avallac'h are planning something, the whole war situation etc.

Don't think you've understood what I said at all.

Where did I say Avallac'h tricked Ciri? I was referring to Geralt's emotions when he finds her on the Isle of Mists. Avallac'h appears to have done exactly as he promised Ciri.

Again, there is no story for Ciri to take forward.

The Witcher 3 epilogues make her future clear - a famous witcher, an empress or "dead". To put her into post-TW3 game, you would have to "break" one or more of those endings, and thus you would destroy Geralt's legacy. CDPR seemed pretty firm that they wanted to give him a proper ending, and having TW4 would ruin that.

Anyway.. Geralt is "The Witcher" and everyone else is just "a witcher", so if it's not his story it's not "The Witcher".

Top Bottom