Homecoming Reveal

+
can anyone explain why people so mad about 2 rows? are they prefer 3 rows wo any mechanic into them instead 2 rows with mechanic? or they want 3 rows with mechanic? with 2 rows , every row will be flooded with cards wich means deeper counter strategy, in current gwent the only decks wich flood the rows are swarms, i believe that in new gwent you also will start think about what cards use wisely , cause you can meet row card limit faster.

Why would I respond to "two rows are less than three?"
I dont know why, but you did. I was asking a user who said:
"Fewer rows do make the game more stategic"
There was no "two rows with this mechanic, but a general assumption i was curious about. For a reason i dont know you asnwered that question, which wasnt meant for you with an answer which not fit with the question.
can anyone explain why people so mad about 2 rows? are they prefer 3 rows wo any mechanic into them instead 2 rows with mechanic? or they want 3 rows with mechanic? with 2 rows , every row will be flooded with cards wich means deeper counter strategy, in current gwent the only decks wich flood the rows are swarms, i believe that in new gwent you also will start think about what cards use wisely , cause you can meet row card limit faster.
I prefer 3 rows with meaning before 2 rows with meaning. If, and only if, CDRed make a mechanic which only profits of 2 not 3 rows, i would go with it. But neither say something like that nor did i saw something like that in the reveal. And remember it: Iris and the Imlerith reach were the only cards out of 10(?) which have effects lonked with a row. So i dont even se the "meaning" of this 2 rows now. Sure 2 rows with meaning are better then 3 without, but you could easiely tweak 3 rows to it, like implement some cards like the shown ones.
On Top of that CDRed said, that they will keep the limit for each row and work with tokens. An idea i dont like at all except these tokens are kind of an archetype. My guess you can staple similar cards, which will add their values then.

I don't know if you guys noticed this but there's literally no point in commenting and criticising devs decisions in this thread anymore since they already made up their minds about the design and how they want to do their game. Have you guys not learned it? They will not change something until it's too late. Majority opposed to create mechanics? Yep you got it. Majority opposed to 2 rows? Yep you got it. Majority opposed to new board design? Yep you got it.
I'll try it when it comes out but stop with this "we're listening to the community" thing. It's stale and you clearly don't.

I dont know why, but you did. I was asking a user who said:
"Fewer rows do make the game more stategic"
There was no "two rows with this mechanic, but a general assumption i was curious about. For a reason i dont know you asnwered that question, which wasnt meant for you with an answer which not fit with the question.

Call me crazy but to me it was obvious he was referring to the new mechanics that go along with two rows. No one in their right mind would argue that only taking away a row would make the game more strategic.

However I will say in the current game removing a row isn't going to change a whole lot besides restrict the number of cards that can be played at all. That's why some people don't care about removing a row because they lack meaning.

Well the new gwent 2.0 is more like 'chess for dummies'. Change everything in the game, but keep the name. Wow, great idea!
I think Gwent 2.0 will loose all the original players' base from w3 gwint. Because the new setting is everything, but the name.
Well it seems this game is not delivered anymore for those players, who:
- had a lot of fun with the current game,
- actually spent their time and money on this beta,
- took the effort to give feedback at the forums

After this sneak-peek, it is obvious that they have been preparing this nonsense for an entirely new player base.

#NOPECOMING

After this sneak-peek, it is obvious that they have been preparing this nonsense for an entirely new player base.

#NOPECOMING

I'm having fun with the current game but I also think it's full of errors. Really looking forward to homecoming.

The only thing i liked is the new card design which resembles the witcher 3 gwent design.

Board is horrible for me and it baffles my mind that people actually liked it. Almost feels like i'm playing Diablo 2 or Heroes of Might and Magic 3 again.

As for the "its not gwent anymore", yeah, tell me something new... homecoming announcement could be resumed to "we going to DELETE gwent and create a whole different new game called gwent" anyways.... i guess some people are just naive.

Last edited:
I've never complained about Homecoming or two rows, i trusted the developers, especially in crafting the gameplay mechanics. But this board is horrible... The battlefield, the characters, the colors, everything is so trash, it seems a collage of ugly elements, at least the cards are still good...

I'm having fun with the current game but I also think it's full of errors. Really looking forward to homecoming.

What exactly makes you believe HC will be any different? They also said it was returning Gwent to it's roots and would take six months to deliver. We're seeing how that turned out.

#NOPECOMING
True, Rip arhetypes, rip gwent. :mad:
Rip Mill, rip spies :mad:
https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/9ebfzg

Last edited:
Sad. This isn't Gwent anymore.
I can accept this 2 row madness and all the changes you alredy did if remind the emotions we got in the old Gwent.
A toggle option for a wooden/tavern board is necessary because i can't play on that and i wanna see my commander card. This isn't a Pokemon battle (sorry).

People are angry because they prefer 3 rows with mechanics over two rows with mechanics. A row was removed simply because of their plans to go mobile, while using the "bigger cards" as an excuse.

People are angry because they prefer 3 rows with mechanics over two rows with mechanics. A row was removed simply because of their plans to go mobile, while using the "bigger cards" as an excuse.

You use this "people" word like everyone thinks the same. HC reaction is mostly positive and I love 2 rows, even if they wouldn't bring any new mechanic and simply make those amazing cards bigger.

It's easy to scream "3 rows with effects", much harder to actually balance the whole thing. We already have an example of this, the bronze weather. Frost and Fog have a place while Rain may as well not exist and no one would miss it.

Balacing 3 effects is quite an hard task, and chances are that the choice wasn't 3 rows with effects vs 2 rows with effects, but instead 2 rows with effects and 1 pointless row vs 2 rows with effects.

And i choose the latter any day.

HC reaction is mostly positive
Rethink the meaning of this. 50% are positive and 30 % are negative, the was 50/50 (measured by the poll-thread). Do you think it is a success, if your new update is disliked by 30% of your playercount? I mean a success for a company.

Rethink the meaning of this. 50% are positive and 30 % are negative, the was 50/50 (measured by the poll-thread). Do you think it is a success, if your new update is disliked by 30% of your playercount? I mean a success for a company.
Maybe because this forum isn't the only gwent community. The reaction on twitch, youtube and reddit was vastly positive and only a small minority dislike homecoming. So sorry, but it is a success for now.

What exactly makes you believe HC will be any different? They also said it was returning Gwent to it's roots and would take six months to deliver. We're seeing how that turned out.
It's turning out good i'd say.

I really don't understand why you guys keep spamming negativity and stuff. This is the new gwent. Like it? Great. You don't like it? Move on.

There is no chance to change the core gameplay, even the PTR will be for card balance and bug fixing. So if you decided you don't like the game, i'd suggest you move on and find a game more in line with your expectations.

You don't like it? Move on.

Don't need to move on. They bring a whole new game to us :LOL: (half-joke ;))

What I don't understand: we had a development time + a 2 year long beta and the game needed a rework. Why do you think, that HC will be a success after only a 6 months development time? It can be bugs, balance problems, connection errors, server problems etc. I hope for a good game, but I can't be so optimistic as you.

I will definetly try the game and I hope the Witcher-Universe feeling helps me to forget, that this is not the (original) Gwent.

Top Bottom