How many hours of content can we expect from Cyberpunk 2077?

+
How many hours of content can we expect from Cyberpunk 2077?

I expect about 20-40 hours+ including main story, side quests, and more. This is just speculation of course. What are your thoughts on this?

Well, it's CDPR we are talking about here, and they are planning on doing it open-world, as far as I know. So I will open with at least 100 hours with everything (main story, side quests, and side content). Especially now that they are saying that this is their most "ambitious" project (take it as whatever you will: Mechanics-wise, content-wise, etc.), and looking at Witcher 3's whopping 100 hours at the very least, I don't think it will be small.

Now, if this is good or bad, that's a whole other discussion :) But I think it should be good, especially if they increase the quality even on top of TW3, and remove the random loot stuff, or increase the quality of their presentation (add some stories here and there for them and so on).

I'd prefer a tight 30-50 hours. And enough branching and possibilities that other kinds of characterbuilds and takes on the story provides a decently different experience for subsequent runthroughs; thus multiplying the original amount. (New Vegas took me around 65 hours per runthrough, and despite its problems that I'm not going to go in here, had a decent branching possibilities for at least two fresh runs before starting to feel too much like repetition).

I'd prefer that, I really really would. More focused core experience with a lot of variety that gets noted.

But I expect something like a 100-200 hours of filler bloated gaming that might feel good on its own for a while (until it starts getting repetitive -- like Witcher 3 did already around 40-50 hours mark for me), but doesn't really invite for another run due how much it offers at one go (burns the candle from both ends).

I'd prefer a tight 30-50 hours. And enough branching and possibilities that other kinds of characterbuilds and takes on the story provides a decently different experience for subsequent runthroughs; thus multiplying the original amount. (New Vegas took me around 65 hours per runthrough, and despite its problems that I'm not going to go in here, had a decent branching possibilities for at least two fresh runs before starting to feel too much like repetition).

I'd prefer that, I really really would. More focused core experience with a lot of variety that gets noted.

But I expect something like a 100-200 hours of filler bloated gaming that might feel good on its own for a while (until it starts getting repetitive -- like Witcher 3 did already around 40-50 hours mark for me), but doesn't really invite for another run due how much it offers at one go (burns the candle from both ends).

I was thinking about this and the fact they have classes and genders now, which means considerable resources spent creating gameplay mechanics for each class and maybe even exclusive story content, they may not have the luxury of creating such a big game this time.

Well, "ambitious" might mean in scope, and not in size. We will see I guess. Personally, I'd probably feel better with a tight 40-50 hour gameplay per character as well (Similar to the length and style of Witcher 2). But you never know, maybe they will do something unprecedented, that will not burn you out so much even after a 100-hour playthrough.

Although I must say that I did 2 playthroughs for Witcher 3 so far, spending around 300-400 hours, and did not burn out quite so much. But of course if they are making it big, they should avoid that "spoils of war" kind of stuff, like I said before. Or maybe turn those stuff into interesting little story bits or something. Aside from those I did not feel like there were that much of filler-content in Witcher 3 (compared to other large or open-world RPGs, I'm looking at you DA:I), but of course it can and should be improved on, now that they have a significantly larger budget, IF they are planning on making in at least as big of a game.

As long as I don't get bored half-way through like I did with FO4 (That took around 20 hours to be quite honest) then yeah this game will be good.

Now speaking of the question I definitely think this will take more than a few days to beat.

Maybe 40-50 hours max if you wanted to rush it.

I'd expect it to be about on-scale with W3.
I hope to hell they learned the lessons of Fallout 4, lots of repetitive essentially pointless content does not make for a good game.

Last edited:
Personally, I'd prefer something like around 40 hours maximum on the main quest but with a LOT of optional sidequests that aren't repetitive but are mutually exclusive, so that you don't get to experience all of them in a single playthrough.

No idea if that's what we'll get though. And yes, I do think that 'Ambitious" will include "Long".

I'm hoping for around at least 20-40+ hours with the main quest, if there even has to be a main quest rather than just the world itself and a variety of different starting backgrounds and motives, and a total of around 100+ with a main quest and 150+ if no main quest (To accommodate several well fleshed out options). These hours also accounting for content you can't access due to choices made in one or another ways of play.

Basically I'm hoping it'll be as huge as it sounds like it could be.

Throw modding tools into the mix and the time increases well into the hundreds and beyond, and that's ultimately what I hope for. A game that can be my new go-to, THE game I play for the next few years after its release.

I really love how massive Witcher 3 is. Even the main quest content is absolutely huge compared to most other games.
So for me, the bigger the better!
It would make sense for the devs to keep the main quest line tight with 40-50 hours content because there are folks who likes to burn through games as if the devil is chasing them.
So as long as we get lots and lots of secondary content like in Witcher 3, I'd be happy.
I also heard they said that the Cyberpunk world will be much larger than Witcher 3's. BRING IT ON!!! I will never complain about a game being too large or having too much content. I love to feel overwhelmed by it all. I can get completely lost in the world and it feels like a living, breathing world.
Witcher 3 was the first game that really felt like you could just play forever and there will always be things to do and I really hope to get that feeling in Cyberpunk 2077 again.
To me, that is a very successful game that delivers such an experience.

---------- Updated at 10:50 AM ----------

I am also in the 20 to 50 hours for a play though crowd, 100 hour game are just a slog by the end.

It really depends on the content of the game. If it is Dragon Age:Inquisition, then I would agree, but if it is a game such as Witcher 3, then I wouldn't complain even if it takes me 1000 hours to complete everything.

If the city has the density of Deus Ex, Shenmue or Divinity Original Sin, even if it was half of the size of the W3 map, it would take double the time than the Witcher 3 to see and do everything. Because the W3 had a lot of fields and nature, this is a city with wastelands around it. So density will determine how many hours; so I 'll say make it dense, 'long' will come on its own.

Top Bottom