How many times have you completed The Witcher?

+
How many times have you completed The Witcher?

A random question, but also the the mark of a great game. How many times have you completed it?I've finished The Witcher only twice; my third playthrough is in limbo in the last chapter, as I want to complete it just before TW2. I would play it more, but I have way too many games from GoG. Damn industrious Poles, you are stealing my life...

I have to finish it again. We had to reformat my computer today, and I lost my save games. It'll be my 14th run through now. :)

3 times...one with each faction...those 2 were deleted and THEN I found out saves carried over. So I did it a 3rd time neutral.

slimgrin said:
I mean I feel unworthy to those who have played the game so many times.
You shouldn't. Every one has a game they fall back on when nothing good hits the stores in a while. Sort of a backup game thing. For me, it's TW. It's because I love it. I have read the saga, and every time I play, I feel I "belong" in that world. Not like a strange character in a strange new world.And 3 playthroughs is good. You have explored much of what the game has in terms of replay value already. As for me, I'm somewhat crazy about it. So.....I just wanted to play every faction on all difficulties (pre EE) and the again all three on EE hard. Then I tried squirrel and neutral once more to get savegames to import to TW2 (I didn't have earlier saves). And finally, I decided to give FCR a try on neutral. That's the tally.

3 times one with nonhuman one with the order one neutral just like JayShadow and now its tw2 time!

About 6 or 7 times from start to finish.. Currently playing Act 2 trying to get the save file for nonhuman playthrough.

I've started the game 12 - 15 times, but I've only finished it 4 times. Once I started making my own adventures, I became unable to make it all the way through the game without feeling like I needed to go work on whichever thing I was in the middle of making.Nowadays, I usually make it to the end of Chapter 1, sometimes make it to the end of Chapter 2, and rarely get as far as the end of Chapter 3. It's been quite awhile since I saw Chapter 5 or the Epilogue; I should dig out an old saved game (assuming I still even have one) and revisit those areas of the game.I've played the Neutral path and the Scoia'tael path, but I've never played the Order path and never will. Religious bullies set my teeth on edge -- we have far too many of them in my country -- and I think it would break something in me to side with them.Yes, I DO take The Witcher far too seriously. :)

@CoryleaYou could give it a try, you know...the "Order path"We all do things in games we will never do in RL. Good people play "evil characters" in games. Evil people play "good characters" in games. Cops go on a murdering rampage with a crowbar and criminals save a bus-load of people from falling into a river. It's all in the digital world. Just for the sake of "experience".If anything, the Order path has been presented as he more evil path in the game. The Scoia'tael killing contest with Rayla in Act 5 is just...well...pure evil. But still....I personally only have save files for squirrel and neutral paths to import into TW2. I didn't play Order once more after my last virus infection+format. But in the end, I might just import the neutral path. Even the squirrels are fanatics, though to a lesser degree, on the payroll of the Nilfgaardian dogs.

Vilgefortze said:
@CoryleaYou could give it a try, you know...the "Order path"We all do things in games we will never do in RL.
I don't like being evil, even in games; my characters are usually disgustingly good. I usually play mages, but when I don't, I play paladins. I know, I know, I'm terribly limited. *shrug* I am what I am.
Vilgefortze said:
Wow. Corylea, only four times?I nearly have you beat. :p
Come back when you've made two adventures of your own. :)

slimgrin said:
I nearly have you beat. :p
Dude..she's like the Djinni goddess. Don't.....
slimgrin said:
Come back when you've made two adventures of your own. :)
...oh shit...she's spotted you. Run and hide before she djinnis you into a rock.@CoryleaI hate being a paladin. As far as characters go, I like being good. But I prefer being a lawless good kind of character than adhering to a code of conduct.

I was teasing. And I look forward to part two of her adventure. But I have a serious message for Corylea in another thread. ;)Edit: ok, I can't find the thread. I dislike the layout of this forum. Anyway, I think Corylea needs to side with the order in another playthrough, as uncomfortable as that may seem, because it was only after doing that when I realized how reactive this game was.

I'm telling you man ...MP3 will have a talking ghoul named slimgrin. And now I better stop talking before there is a drowner named Vilgefortz as well.

slimgrin said:
I was teasing. And I look forward to part two of her adventure. But I have a serious message for Corylea in another thread. ;)
I know. I was teasing back. :)
slimgrin said:
I'm telling you man ...MP3 will have a talking ghoul named slimgrin. And now I better stop talking before there is a drowner named Vilgefortz as well.
Only because I refuse to have any drowners anywhere in any of my adventures. NO DROWNERS! Not that I'm tired of them or anything. :)But maybe a bloedzuiger named Vilgefortze....

Top Bottom