How to enable debug console on all versions without injecting any .dll's

+

Guest 2364765

How to enable debug console on all versions without injecting any .dll's

Open your user.settings (that's in Documents/The Witcher 3)
Find [General] section (if it's not there, add it). And add following entry underneath:
DBGConsoleOn=true

Also, you will have to set your user.settings file to read only as otherwise this setting will get removed automatically during each booting of the game.

And that's that, enjoy having a console on any version from 1.0 to possibly 1.22+ (Unless CDPR decides to patch-out the setting).
Kudos to @KNGRSM for showing me that the game allows for doing automated cvar dump. And not so much kudos to CDPR for conveniently not mentioning that game supports either of those natively..

To make changes permanent add above entry to general.ini that's located in The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base - That way you don't have to mess with user.settings and it doesn't have to be set as read only.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whoa, isn't there a way to make some graphical setting automatically insert that entry? like setting changing so that every shadow settting includes DBGConsoleOn=true?

Guest 2364765

Whoa, isn't there a way to make some graphical setting automatically insert that entry? like setting changing so that every shadow settting includes DBGConsoleOn=true?

No, if you did it this way, you'd have to turn the option off and on with each booting to reapply console entry as it will always get wiped.

Guest 2364765

Are you planning any updates to your debug extensions?
What do you mean by updates? Mod is fully compatible with all versions of the game that support script mods (so upwards from 1.08 )

I am planning to add some more features in the future, if that's what you meant.

Really thanks skacikpl and KNG. It's work
And I find something to make it permanent without to make user.settings to read only.
Change the general.ini file in The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base
like this:
Code:
[General]
ConfigVersion=2
DBGConsoleOn=true

And its work.
Just some question "this debug console" cannot use your modConsoleExtensions right?
Because I can't make your command active, like salsa(type 0)

Really thanks skacikpl and KNG. It's work
And I find something to make it permanent without to make user.settings to read only.
Change the general.ini file in The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base
like this:
Code:
[General]
ConfigVersion=2
DBGConsoleOn=true

And its work.
Just some question "this debug console" cannot use your modConsoleExtensions right?

This is right, because this is the default .ini the game reads and writes into your user.settings file. So like @Noier said, if you add it to the general.ini file, each time your start the game, the DBGConsoleOn=true var will be added to your user.settings file, regardless of it being set to read-only.

@skacikpl - maybe edit your OP and make it clear how to add it properly.
@mods please make this thread a sticky maybe? I think this is some vital information.

Guest 2364765

This is right, because this is the default .ini the game reads and writes into your user.settings file. So like @Noier said, if you add it to the general.ini file, each time your start the game, the DBGConsoleOn=true var will be added to your user.settings file, regardless of it being set to read-only.
Yeah, i'll add that to OP

Uh, yes it can. As long as you have that mod installed those commands will be executable via the console.

Last edited by a moderator:
Open your user.settings (that's in Documents/The Witcher 3)
Find [General] section (if it's not there, add it). And add following entry underneath:
DBGConsoleOn=true

Also, you will have to set your user.settings file to read only as otherwise this setting will get removed automatically during each booting of the game.

And that's that, enjoy having a console on any version from 1.0 to possibly 1.22+ (Unless CDPR decides to patch-out the setting).
Kudos to @KNGRSM for showing me that the game allows for doing automated cvar dump. And not so much kudos to CDPR for conveniently not mentioning that game supports either of those natively..

To make changes permanent add above entry to general.ini that's located in The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\bin\config\base - That way you don't have to mess with user.settings and it doesn't have to be set as read only.

Thank you, I didn't want to add another mod. Just wanted a workaround.

Top Bottom