I am having fun. Are you?

+

Guest 4509026

No, I am tired of fighting the game trying to squeeze fun out of this un-optimized, buggy, ugly looking mess. Despite the bugs the game simply isn't THAT good. Witcher 3 blows this game out of the water in nearly every way. Even if this game was perfectly optimized and bug free. The only thing this game has going for it is its 'the future according to the 1980's' aesthetic.

A literal bag of dog poop can be fun if you know what to do with it so "I'm having fun!" doesn't say anything about the state of the game. It's the same argument as that guy who says he has no issues so therefore everyone else is a whiner.

rig.png

I have to say i dislike the game however i am not completely blind there are things i Love about the game. Like the art.. Some of the characters and some of the storylines. My problem is there is a lot that i dislike and also those things are the things cdpr marketing LIED about.
But i don't want to burn the whole cd projekt red down. ((Even if i admit i would give the management a little slap..As they deserve it of course not hostility intended!)) I want to see this game improved and in the end live up to the expectations. Maybe not now. Maybe not tomorrow. Maybe will take time. But i want to see this game shine as at the moment it don't and is in a pathetic state. And no glitches and optimizations are a whole separate issue.

I think this beautiful Night City deserves far more than the little i got. That's it.

I know nothing about 'lies', I don't care about that either, some treat it like lies, others, not so serious. But that doesn't concern me, what I can do is weigh in on 'from today on, how it will be, how to please everyone or try this'. Past is for books and lessons. But we have a present and a future for a game that is not born or does not belong only to CDPR but to all of us today and it tells us about Cyberpunk 2020, the work of a great writer.

Cyberpunk involves more than mere administrative decisions - not to mention Cyberpunk and 'bad decisions'.

some prefer to look at the tree, denying their eyes to the forests. I prefer to look at the forest.

But that, is just my opinion.

I'm having an exceptional load amount of fun. This game is not of this world. So much content. To think that's not even half of it. I especially love the driving in this game. In particular with a truck. It is like real. Need to take care not to drive too fast else the vehicle gets damaged. Love to RP taking sharp turns with a truck and coming out strait in a narrow road. That is so awesome. Stumbled on 3 spots already where the Behemoth doesn't fit under the overpass. Still need to become more familiar with the city to remember where they are, so I can avoid those. (The spot where the truck hit the overpass by the way, showed cracks?!? ...What!? That's amazing!)

I hope that CDPR will consider zooming out the mini-map while driving, and preferably let the navigator announce in advance the coming turn, like RL navigations. Keep missing turns too much. Can also not prepare for a coming turn. Also hope that they will raise the view behind the wheel of most of the (fastest) cars, to half the height of the windshield. Cannot see the road with the current view.

Then the engine of this game, my god. So many NPCs simultaneously... How did you do that!? That's amazing! Don't think that many people actually realize that that is a remarkable technical achievement. It makes the city literally feel like real.

No, I'm having a tremendous amount of fun. CDPR did a magnificent job well done. Just need to optimize the game, fix it, update it, add the rest of the content, and add new content. Keep doing that, and the game will offer a lot of fun for a very long time.

Oh yeah, have to admit I'm having fun. I've started a new game like 20 times to switch things up. I still wanna see the management team get raked over the coals for what they did here (again, not the devs). But I AM having fun. Also props to the modding community as well, they've been badass so far (y)

I know nothing about 'lies', I don't care about that either, some treat it like lies, others, not so serious. But that doesn't concern me, what I can do is weigh in on 'from today on, how it will be, how to please everyone or try this'. Past is for books and lessons. But we have a present and a future for a game that is not born or does not belong only to CDPR but to all of us today and it tells us about Cyberpunk 2020, the work of a great writer.

Cyberpunk involves more than mere administrative decisions - not to mention Cyberpunk and 'bad decisions'.

some prefer to look at the tree, denying their eyes to the forests. I prefer to look at the forest.

But that, is just my opinion.
I look at the forest however at the moment majority of that is cut... There is a huge amazing tree. But not a forest

No, I am tired of fighting the game trying to squeeze fun out of this un-optimized, buggy, ugly looking mess. Despite the bugs the game simply isn't THAT good. Witcher 3 blows this game out of the water in nearly every way. Even if this game was perfectly optimized and bug free. The only thing this game has going for it is its 'the future according to the 1980's' aesthetic.

A literal bag of dog poop can be fun if you know what to do with it so "I'm having fun!" doesn't say anything about the state of the game. It's the same argument as that guy who says he has no issues so therefore everyone else is a whiner.

View attachment 11103059

Its a spaceship? :D

I having fun! 125 hours in and didn't even finished first playthrough! Also my sleeping schedule is f'cked

Kinda feel bad about complaining in the beginning, game is truly awesome!

LOL mine to
now thats something I can complain about regarding CP2077

Im sick of waking up at 3 pm!!! LOL

Absolutely loving the game!!!

I was happily surprised to see the game running fine on my old i7 3770k with a GTX 1660 TI and 16 gig ram. Ultra settings on HD Res, medium for 4k. I was expecting to have to run it with very low settings.

Worst bug I seen so far is a cigarette floating :D

Shame for those who can't experience this game at the moment!

Game has bugs and stuff, but it works for me on PC. I am having so much fun being a merc...

I am having a lot of fun. Yes. If I could pull myself away from Photomode long enough to actually progress the story, I might be as far along as you. I think a lot of people tried to blow through the game to get their reviews out and move on to the next game. They missed a lot of the subtle bits that make the game a great starting foundation. It's a beautiful game! Despite its bugs, I'm willing to pace myself and give the game room to grow.
(I'm primarily an MMO player, so I'm used to Beta testing live games with bugs for full retail cost. :LOL:)

I'm taking my time, discovering missions as I happen upon them, roleplaying the Street Kid as a thug with a lead pipe.
I'll slowly uncover the story, but I've had the game since launch day and haven't even met Johnny Silverhand yet.

I tried the Corpo path, but I just couldn't get over how they forced her into the Street Kid life path. I gave up on her.
I'll probably just delete that game and wait for the day they release the full path as originally envisioned. I can't play a Corpo that ends up as a Street Thug and never has anything to do with being a Corpo again. Not what I signed up for.

I've mentioned before that I knew about the game being teased, but I didn't keep close tabs on it. I didn't realize how much content was cut, or what was promised, so my expectations were a lot lower than most, I think. It's sort of left me with a clean slate to experience the game without the disappointment.
However, I can tell that content WAS cut, and It's disheartening to know we may never see it.

I'm having a lot of fun with the game but there are a couple of things that are REALLY annoying me. They're so ridiculous I'm sure they'll get changed but the minimap is a nightmare when driving. You don't know when a turn is coming till you sail past it.

The weird one is that when you turn off censorship you get censored when you arent one of the menus. I think it's in anticipation of the multiplayer which I expect to arrive sometime around 2077. Everyone thought it was a bug but it turned out it's just a really stupid decision that's been made. Even though I didn't know about it until I saw it on a thread because I haven't really looked at my character the fact the decision was made to have a censorship option, genital option, breast options, character editing in a first-person game AND to force underwear just seems like the bug is in the boardroom not the game on that one.

I'm enjoying it. It's not amazing or anything but it's a gorgeous game with hot cyber chicks that are sometimes naked. Doesn't take much to grab my attention.

I'll be done with it in a few weeks and won't ever play it again.

I was having fun, until patch 1.05, now i cannot play the game. I asked for help in steam forums, and aparently I got a lot of replies but now I cannot read them because they deleted my post. I want to ask for help in the forum, but I cannot ntil I reach 10 posts, so I will spam my story until I can finally ask for help in a proper post.

I already completed almost everything in the game and this week I'll start my 2nd playthrough to be ready with new character for NewGame+ and future DLC's. I have 93.3hrs on Steam, I guess this is enough to say - I'm having fun, indeed. :))

I'm enjoying the game a lot even more so now that I switched from a platter HDD to NVMe storage! It was only then that I noticed the graphics option for slow HDDs. My graphics are amazing now! Well, as good as a 1050Ti can be. :)

That aside, I was having fun from the get go. I guess it's my style of game for having fun. Exploration, wiping out small groups of gang members, cruising the city, etc. It plays more like a movie which is fine by me.

Top Bottom