I am having fun. Are you?

+
Not really, I am not amused by missing guns with floating clips, among other bugs. I think the Melee is "almost" good, I like how heavy attack kills perform finishers with the Katana, and Mantis blades. I just wish all the melee/unarmed weapons had Heavy attack finishers, and more then one so its not the same thing on repeat. I hope they release FREE DLC with more finishers for all weapon types, more stealth kill animations, and fix the guns so they aren't just floating clips that shoot bullets

I can't judge an unfinished game so, I'll answer that question when CDPR fix it.
There's definitely good things (gameplay is real good, story and side quests engaging...) but the bugs and AI flaws pulls the experience in the opposite direction...Obviously.

It's okay, for now, I kinda agreed to be on "early access", if you will (I believe everyone deserve a second chance) but I need to play the game in a more "complete" state in order to give a clear opinion about it.

Yeah, bugs aside this is the best game I've ever played, and I mean it
Well, honestly, I can see that, which is precisely why CDPR must fix it.
It would be a shame to leave it to that considering the potential it has, because yes, I agree the game can easily become in my top 10 best game ever...If only they finished it.

I feel that I am having fun. Its just not the kind of "suck me in forget to sleep and eat" kind of fun that I expected it to be.

I have confidence that the game will get to that point eventually when devs keep working on the game. I also feel that much of my fun is about ignoring the main story, which is quite conflicting..

Am I having fun with the game?
1608210715337.png

Yes.

Do I think the game is good? No.

While I'm enjoying it I'd say the more I play the more I find it lacking, the more I see where cuts were made to make release. Be it features or parts of the map, promises of things to be that were ripped out because by awful management didn't know what they were doing and Covid ensured that was a bigger problem.

Strongest aspect is the story, the main one and interactions with Silverhand. As well as side quests with certain characters all being great.

Literally everything else is mediocre at best, broken at worst.

I am hoping they will add all the RPG features they wanted to add that at least seem to have been cut due to time. The game is by no means even one third as ambitious as they made it out to be, if anything its one of the least ambitious games I've played. San Andreas was more ambitious than CP2077 (car customization, gain muscle or fat, purchasable houses, police chases, gang wars, clothing system, different martial arts, skill system etc) heck it had more RPG features than CP2077 did. It's a different era of gaming but my point being that CP2077 is unambitious either due to incompetence, time constraints or just being that way from the start. Unlike what they made it out to be.

It's a 6/10 game, 7/10 once bugs are fixed. Honestly story, music and the endings alone can merit bumping that score up to a 7.5 or an 8. But 7 is plenty generous considering how mediocre everything around it is.

But if you can say one thing about CP2077, its that it was clearly a passion project. That passion and effort bleeds through the cracks.

But if you can say one thing about CP2077, its that it was clearly a passion project. That passion and effort bleeds through the cracks.

It feels like someone wanted to make a Cyberpunk movie but were stuck being forced to make a game, so they just shoved generic combat mechanics onto a bunch of CG cutscenes and pretended it was an immersive experience. Because at the end of the day that's really what this whole thing ended up being. It's a slightly interactive movie with a shooty/looty minigame tacked on.

No it does not, for both :) you cannot remap keys like action, which you use all the time and UI is

You cannot remap the action key, which is the one key that you use all the time and you cannot bind anything to enter. I would not be making such statement if it was an option in the menu trust me :) the menu does not even show you some of the hard coded key bindings.
As for UW, I had issues, others too. Maybe they fixed it in 1.04 but I'm still locked out of the game so I cannot try it and don't even remember that being a point in the patch notes.
Probably needed to be more specific, but you're right on the action key thing. I usually remap most of my keys to the Numpad so came across the same issue - for this I had to use a key remapper to change F to Numpad Enter personally, not ideal but it's an option for you. Had no issues on an ultrawide personally.

On the original question, yeah - I'm enjoying it a lot on PC. Runs OK ish for me 45-65 fps (6700k & 2070 Super with medium ray tracing) and has bugs, but only as buggy as W3 was at launch really. World depth and people AI seems a bit of a step backwards but overall I like the look of the world and I'm having fun.

Is it an acceptable answer if I say I'm trying to have fun with this game? :) I've discovered the game is fun if I try hard enough to enjoy it.

Nah, in all seriousness... Yes, overall it's entertaining. Some parts are quite good. Other parts are not very good. In spite of the not very good parts it's enjoyable.

wanted to make a Cyberpunk movie
I don't think so. It's unfair to say this to the devs.

They are fans of the CP2020 tabletop, their passion for it really shows. Their 2018 and 2019 showcases and the way they spoke about the game clearly showed how much they wanted to make a really great Cyberpunk RPG game, bringing the tabletop to life.

An absolute passion project through and through.

But such projects need solid management. It's cliche to speak of Mass Effect Andromeda and this is all just informed speculation on my part but it was a passion project. The team had great ambition to create a truly great game, they had all the time in the world to develop it and went on to do so. Yet the management staff was god awful, resulting in them not getting anything done for too long. Iterating on basic features long into development and basically having to get the game out the door last minute.

To me, that's what CP2077 feels like. There have been articles about CDPR management staff being bad by x CDPR employees with the cliche response of well its our work environment. Looking at the gameplay reveal stuff they were iterating basic, basic things in 2018 and 2019. Which isn't bad... but that's for when the game is done. And here it is now, 1-2 years later and the game feels like it needs 1-2 more years in the oven.

They wanted to make a game. A great game. That passion drove them, that passion shows. But due to mismanagement and effort being put into weird places the game ended up just super unbalanced for release. You can see this in how extremely polished it is in some places, and so unpolished in others that it looks like somebody cobbled it together in a weekend as a last minute fix because the whole feature didn't work and oh no we need to release the game a month ago.

The game, what there is of it, is still fun in spite of its problems. Which really shows they had something great on their hands. I only hope CDPR can fix the issues and expand the game to what they wanted.

I have grown a passion for this game...
I'm well aware of what's wrong with it in every angle, I may be easily satisfied, and I guess it makes my life easier.
I don't think I've ever spent straight up 60 hours in the space of a week in a game, quite crazy...

But I keep high hopes that what's coming for the game in the future, will make it just absolutely better than what we've got today, otherwise in the space of a couple of months this passion will fade, and I'm certain I won't be the only one... Remaining patient towards the dev team is key I think today for this game

It made me want to replay witcher 3, far cry 3 and assassins creed odyssey.

I had fun for the first 10 hours because I do enjoy sinking my teeth into a sandboxy game with seemingly many ways to progress and play, but the more you get into it the more you realize the game doesn't do anywhere near enough to take advantage of being an open world game with many mechanics.

Once that illusion broke, I slogged through 20 more hours trying to 'find the fun', but I don't think I had fun. I was hoping I'll have fun, but I don't think I did. I genuinely do want to have fun with this game, but I don't think I'm going to play it until they add more sandbox features.

-IF- they add more sandbox features.

I don't think so. It's unfair to say this to the devs.

They are fans of the CP2020 tabletop, their passion for it really shows. Their 2018 and 2019 showcases and the way they spoke about the game clearly showed how much they wanted to make a really great Cyberpunk RPG game, bringing the tabletop to life.

To me, that's what CP2077 feels like. There have been articles about CDPR management staff being bad by x CDPR employees with the cliche response of well its our work environment. Looking at the gameplay reveal stuff they were iterating basic, basic things in 2018 and 2019. Which isn't bad... but that's for when the game is done. And here it is now, 1-2 years later and the game feels like it needs 1-2 more years in the oven.

They wanted to make a game. A great game. That passion drove them, that passion shows. But due to mismanagement and effort being put into weird places the game ended up just super unbalanced for release. You can see this in how extremely polished it is in some places, and so unpolished in others that it looks like somebody cobbled it together in a weekend as a last minute fix because the whole feature didn't work and oh no we need to release the game a month ago.

The game, what there is of it, is still fun in spite of its problems. Which really shows they had something great on their hands. I only hope CDPR can fix the issues and expand the game to what they wanted.

This!

Sadly, it will take for modders years to make the game out of it that the devs had in mind, and I doubt modders will put so much effort in.
The hope is, that cdpr keeps develop the game, not just bug fixing and DLC spam.

I forced myself to stop play the game after the beginning of act 2 because of a very simple way: d o n o t force me that I'm in urge, especially to blend over the extremely empty world with no real immersive aspects. Besides at this point the story is still great but obvious in which directions it will end. So since at this point I know where the journey will go I want to enjoy my time even more in night city with immersive things, and dont rush the story. And there we are again, no content, extreme censorship no immersion...
It hurts that the game I looked forward for years and thats why also loved it already, has such a bitter taste to me

But ye... maybe in 2-4 years, or never... cdpr's choice.

I am having a lot of fun actually, i got what i needed and wanted. Even more so. Planning to settle down in Night City, even if i will be last man standing. Thanks to creators, i will not "fade away".

Does this game have issues? Yes. Did they cut some stuff from it? Yes. I can keep going and list problems...

But I won't. There's too much whining already. It's not perfect, but it's still great. How do I know? No game in last 10 years kept me awake for almost 50 hours straight. This one did. Would be impossible if I wouldn't have fun. Lots of it.

And another thing is that now (hopefuly) DLCs will bring in more content. Yes, I know. It should have been in launched version. But that's not how things work these days unfortunately.

I'm pretty disappointed with various aspects of the game, and I don't see this game as a masterpiece. I expected the Lifepaths to be on the same level as Dragon Age origins. I expected there to be background character creation choices, on the same level as Mass Effect 1's background choices. I expected V to be my character, and expected choices that mattered. I expected romances to be a little more meaningful. I expected this, because it's pretty much what CDPR told us to expect.

With that said, I have a problem, where i purchase a game, get bored after an hour, and never pick up the game again. beings that I played this game to completetion, it means the game kept my interest long enough for me to not get bored with it. So, to answer your question, I enjoy myself enough to play it once or twice, but I can't see this game as being the type of game I pick up again after a few years which is the charm an RPG should have, but this one doesn't. I'm currently doing one more playthrough for any DLC that will come out, do the DLC, and never play again, because actual replaybility is almost, keyword being almost, non-existent. I'm only doing another playthrough, because I spent my first playthrough mostly just figuring out how the game worked, and what was effective and what wasn't.

Not having fun....game is full of clearly cut content, even if all the bugs are fixed the game is still light years behind other open world games. The AI needs to be fixed, the gameplay needs to be fixed, NPC's need to be dynanic in how they go about interacting with the world whether they are driving or walking. NPC's just cower when there is a gunshot instead of trying to save their lives. This lack of AI is evident in combat too. There is no customization at all. This game lacks basic features that used to be in the Witcher 3, I dont understand how this game can go backwards even if its the same developer.

Top Bottom