I LOVE IT vs I HATE IT

+
Loved it,but the 1st one was bigger and the choices and consequences were better because you could see them into your playthrough. The Witcher 2 had also a lot of different choices but the consequences weren't showed. In the first game in the ending of every chapter or some specific missions you often watch a cartoon like video with the consequences. Also the scenario of the first game was better,darker and more interesting. The second one was good,but it was a usual political,conspiracy theme. The only not-so-good of witcher 2 is the game length, 3 chapter is ridiculous short, and there's only one ending not 16 rofl.... the first one at least had 3 BUT 3 actual endings.

The Witcher 2 is a great game, the best RPG so far this year on PC. Is it perfect? No. It does have a few flaws/problems namely a poor interface design, unresponsive input especially during combat, lack of wildlife(immersion), no support for hardware mouse, etc.

CDPROJECT RED Please do try to iron out these issues and who knows by the end of the year The Witcher 2 might still be the best RPG of 2011 on PC.

I love this game, after playing it, no other game picks my interest, except Dead Space 2 :) but that is another genre altogheter. The only things i really regret is:

a) Too less choices that has really tangible consequences. I recall the arian la valette cutscenes, there are at least 3 for each different decision, but in all the game, more of the cut scenes are for the memories of Geralt, so i think in that area i feel the witcher 1 was more about choices, also the 16 endings it is kind of an exxageration and a good use of words, because more than 16 endings there are 8 kind of choices across the game, and their binary consecuences.
In witcher 1 even the small side quests sometimes had cutscenes, and the major ones were outstanding. I coudnt sleep after i knew what happened to that she elf leader after i sided with the knights. Here in witcher 2 , i see a amazing story, but sometimes the story carries me, not my choices.

:cool: The game is too short. Prologue, chapter 1 are 2 are ok in lenght, but chapter 3 seems as an epilogue in itself, and the epilogue is far more shorter than the one in the witcher 1. Dont get me wrong, i love the game, just it seems that this areas are lacking.

Apart from that, the game is the most awesome thing i ever played, only surpassed by The witcher 3

Hope they release some dlc or expansion soon, the ending seems more like a beggining for me, it left me with so much need for more.

The Witcher 2 is a great game. Really enjoying playing it. Though there are a few flaws in it. Its still a great game. I would give the game a 8.5/10

I have had several problems with this game. CDPR decided it was a good plan to support 16:9 monitors only. According to the Steam hardware survey that aspect ratio is supported by only 30% of the users. The game looked bad on a (21") 4:3 monitor. So I bought a new monitor. CDPR decided not to support 7 channel sound systems. I had no sound whatsoever in the game. So I bought a new one. CDPR decided not to include a lot of the promised extras (pre-ordered or not) at release. CDPR decided to switch off Steam achievements and don't even properly inform their users on the Steam forums.

CDPR decided to take their forums offline. CDPR required a third party service to contact them instead of a proper forum or go to another unrelated forum.

Way too late CDPR fixed the monitor issues. I have no idea if the sound has been fixed. The extras arrived way too late. The achievements haven't been fixed yet.

CDPR brought the forums back way too late for dealing with user's problems during launch. Coincidence? I don't think so. They could have kept the old forums online and just added TW2 there. But nooo. It was obviously much more convenient to have all the release problems kept far away. I supported TW1, even though that game had issues. I loved the way they fixed the issues with a new release. But this time I don't have the patience anymore. What a horrible company.

I miss the sex cards and the random girls that you could bork.Brothels are nice but it sure was fun looking for tulips and wine to make the other girls happy.I love both witcher games and cant wait to buy witcher 3.

I hate it. The Witcher 1 is Better. TW2 is a broken game wrapped up in beautiful graphics.
Broken battle system, broken mini games, broken crafting system, broken AI, broken alchemy system(No more alcohol alchemical base, no more additional substances like albedo, nigredo, rubedo) everything sucks.

The voice acting sucks, whereas in TW1 the same voice actor made a much better job.
The new battle system sucks, I even proved it to my nephew..... In Hard level, I covered my eyes and killed a mob of wraiths just by pressing the left mouse button mindlessly, without even looking at the screen. It is pathetic. Button mashing system.

My 10 year old nephew never played the game again. Haha. Even a 10 year old boy could see how stupid the battle system is.

Not to mention that the 16 endings is a big fat lie. What the game really have is 16 alternate routes that reaches the same conclusion. It is always the same ending. TW2 is one of the most liar gamea I have ever seen in my 20 and so years of gaming. I'll never buy a CDPR game ever again.

I loved TW1 and CDPR but after seeing what they made with their second game, I can smell their dishonesty by miles away now. TW2 is a lie, nothing more than that.

Oh yeah, forgot to mention the hangs and the black screen of death. You simply cannot play the game for 3 hours without having a crash, even after the latest patch.

All those love votes comes from graphical whores, who simply cannot differ good gameplay from bad gameplay, a good game from a bad game, a good product from a bad product. It is disappointing to look at the way gaming and the game's industry is going to. It is disappointing to look at all those gamers that simply ignores every each aspect of a game for the sake of graphics and graphics only.

Thanks.

Daerdin said:
As many of you - dear users - start new topics just to say how much you liked the game or how much you are disappointed with it I suggest putting all you opinions here in this single topic. Hope this helps keeping our board nice and neat ;)

I love it, ale viac ľúbim teba daerdin =D a konečne ste to fórum spustili =)

I loved the game. As much as bugs and design flaws have annoyed me, I think as narrative in gaming it's quite an achievement and should be played by both rpg fans and gamers in general. The support with patches and DLC is also something to notice as most flaws and bugs have been solved.

It's a good game (objectively, not for me though, I found out RPG is not my genre), but everything around this game is crap...

1. I think it's a fraud to give screenshots on a box without black stripes, and then force the black stripes, so laptop gamers can't actually read the text... It's like You buy a game, and get 50% of the game, more, it's like You buy a car, but get only 2 tires, because some mad designer decided it's fun to only use two tires on diagonal, for less operation costs (You may say I'm sick for such a comparision but probably You didn't play W2 on a laptop...)

2. The forum or lack of it or how it was before or how it is now, no further comments.

3. The leaks telling us you will be able to jump easily, while it's not true (Yeah, I know, leaks...)

4. I'm not sure if it was DRM, but preordering the game and not being able to play it once it's out...

I hope You will learn from your fails and stick to your successes (why did You change great skill trees from W1 ?!)

i love the game, but i miss some things from the tw1 like the sword moves in tw2 are the same for steel and silver i think the steel would stay the same and the silver should be faster with more finesse because its lighter, a new animation for silver swords would be great,bagpipe music!!!!!i want this back (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXUfxMTFvww) and last in tw2 the locations are epic and its ok, but sometimes i miss the grim cloudy outskirts from the tw1 now that was simple and a real picture of dark medieval times.
anyhow i love the game some more Slavic mythology wold make me as a slav more happy.

Love the books. Love the original Witcher (Enhanced Edition), and as much as I could play of The Witcher 2, it seems like another masterpiece. Actually, I started playing TW2 about 4 times - every time a new patch comes out I start playing it from the beginning), but the game has critical technical issues IMO so I'm putting it off until those are fixed (sound glitches are most disturbing to me). Replaying TW1 yet again, and that game still feels fresh! That alone is a testament to the genius of the original team at CDP!

BlaiddGwyn said:
Love the books. Love the original Witcher (Enhanced Edition), and as much as I could play of The Witcher 2, it seems like another masterpiece. Actually, I started playing TW2 about 4 times - every time a new patch comes out I start playing it from the beginning), but the game has critical technical issues IMO so I'm putting it off until those are fixed (sound glitches are most disturbing to me). Replaying TW1 yet again, and that game still feels fresh! That alone is a testament to the genius of the original team at CDP!
word,TW1 is a masterpiece, for me it is better than TW2.
I love TW2 but the original is........... i don't know......i just love it, the music and world feel much closer 2 the books.

I still love TW1, its fun to play. I love the characters, the storylines, the music, and yes even the old graphics. Its like listening to all four movements of Beethoven's 9th Symphony... there are fast moments, slow moments, all building up to the final crescendo. When it is ended, you feel it was beautiful and complete.

TW2 is like getting to hear the first 2 3/4 movements of the symphony, beautiful but weirdly cut-off, I am left going ... what was that???

BlaiddGwyn said:
What a pity the "Said that day on the Witcher forum" calendar is finished and out. Your comment would have been an excellent comment.

That reminds me... once upon a time I launched a thread with all daily quotation. I guess the last update was ... May?

PetraSilie said:
What a pity the "Said that day on the Witcher forum" calendar is finished and out. Your comment would have been an excellent comment.

That reminds me... once upon a time I launched a thread with all daily quotation. I guess the last update was ... May?

The only thing I hate about the Witcher2 is watching the Namco Bandai logo each time I start the game... I wish I could them...

Thats another quote for ye, Petra. :p

Top Bottom