I resue this swordsmith but he is not show mulbrydale.

+

Even I meditate for a long time but this guy never show.

I also try load savefile that before rescue swordsmith and rescue him but he still not show.
Not only mulbrydale's swordsmith but also bulk of rescueable merchants happen similar problem.
This glitch is happen after 1.11 patch.
Please Fix this bug.

Sorry to my English. I'm not living English-speaking world so my english is terrible.

I had this problem too. I was able to half solve it with the following steps: when you rescue the blacksmith, follow him all the way back to the village and talk to him/buy his stuff/play gwent when he arrives. It should work. However, when you leave Mulbrydale, the guy will go missing again. At least you'll be able to talk to him once, although he had no unique diagrams and I didn't get a gwent card when I beat him, which seemed strange.

I recently posted about this bug in this thread:
http://forums.cdprojektred.com/thre...ts-don-t-open-shop-where-they-was-supposed-to

Hopefully CDP are aware of it because it's been around for a long time and has some how survived through many gigabytes worth of patches.

This is an ancient bug, and it's not really a bug. When you rescue people, the game simulates them actually walking, step-by-step, back to their town. This particular blacksmith can wind up pathing himself straight through a Drowner horde. I believe there was a console hack to put him back in the game.

I give a second try:

Rescue him, follow him to town, buy some stuff, fast travel to another location, and when i come back, he's gone !

by the way, he no longer sells the superior griffin armor diagram. And playing Gwent give no card.

I give a second try:

Rescue him, follow him to town, buy some stuff, fast travel to another location, and when i come back, he's gone !

by the way, he no longer sells the superior griffin armor diagram. And playing Gwent give no card.

Experienced the same. While many "free prisoners" seem to be a bit glitchy at best, this guy definitely is broken. After rescuing him, a "letter of thanks" appeared outside the village, floating in mid-air. :geraltthatsgood:

Attachments

• Floating_Letter.jpg
    Floating_Letter.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 244
This is an ancient bug, and it's not really a bug. When you rescue people, the game simulates them actually walking, step-by-step, back to their town. This particular blacksmith can wind up pathing himself straight through a Drowner horde. I believe there was a console hack to put him back in the game.

Judging by bugs other people have reported, that's not the way it works. Someone with a similar issue reported that they followed the blacksmith back to town and ended up with two of the same blacksmith. I myself followed the blacksmith back to town in an effort to troubleshoot the problem and managed to interact with him successfully. The path is fairly safe anyway. However, when I returned later, he had vanished for good... I doubt that drowners got to him in town. It appears to be a spawning bug or an incorrectly set flag somewhere.

If anyone does know of the console command to spawn each of these merchants, though, I bet that would be hugely useful to a lot of people.

Yes, he never had those things available for me either. Not sure if that's another facet to the bug or an intentional change because he keeps breaking.

Judging by bugs other people have reported, that's not the way it works. Someone with a similar issue reported that they followed the blacksmith back to town and ended up with two of the same blacksmith. I myself followed the blacksmith back to town in an effort to troubleshoot the problem and managed to interact with him successfully. The path is fairly safe anyway. However, when I returned later, he had vanished for good... I doubt that drowners got to him in town. It appears to be a spawning bug or an incorrectly set flag somewhere.

If anyone does know of the console command to spawn each of these merchants, though, I bet that would be hugely useful to a lot of people.

Could be. I remember having the issue on my first two playthroughs. The second time it happened I went overland on foot with him after freeing him. He walked right into a crowd of Drowners and got himself severely perished. I reloaded to exactly the same effect. Assumed that must be the issue.

I just gave up on it. Never tried the hack myself, but I remember reading about it.

Top Bottom