I will never forgive CDPR for the Mackinaw.

+
I would not hate Sinnerman so much if it wasn't for Bill Jablonsky and the existence of the Mackinaw.

I would not hate Sinnerman so much if they would let us have the honor of killing Bill Jablonsky if/when we “fail” the fucking thing. I want to kill him, I want to kill Joshua, I want to kill Rachel, I want to take a nuke to every goddamn Mackinaw in the city. I don't give a shit about Bill's mental state or the fact he's acting that way because of his wife. I don't care!

There is no goddamn excuse for the Mackinaw (or any of these cars) to be that hard to drive. NONE!

There's also no excuse for the dialogue in the beginning of the quest to be unskippable when you decide you hate yourself enough to try and restart it.

There are no words in my arsenal to describe my hatred for the Thorton Mackinaw.
giphy.gif

LMAO, bro download driving mods. I got past this mission on my second try. It's not that hard once
you tweak the driving.

LMAO, bro download driving mods. I got past this mission on my second try. It's not that hard once
you tweak the driving.
it is pretty easy without tweaking anything ,but hey that is my opinion
Post automatically merged:

Idk why some people are crying over cars ...I got used to them maybe ??? for me everything feels fine besides the minimap of course and first person in car

JagoA

Forum regular
you can kill rachel and bill in the car (cops hard to kill thought), the hard thing is escaping the cops that will spawn around you . If you do all that it's another way to complete the mission.

How ?I mean ...you can easily avoid most of the obstacles and you can have a pretty large distance between you and the target
You and I are clearly playing two massively different game or have two massively different Mackinaws to drive. For me: The thing spins out at the slightest tap, and new cars spawn after I've already taken into account existing obstacles and potential paths. If I jump a curb? Game over, that truck's not going anywhere.

Yep, even with the most "grippiest" INI file of the Realistic Driving Mod, that stupid truck just fishtails at the thought of changing direction more than 15 degrees within a month's time.

It took me six tries. And I should have just shot everyone and taken my chances at the Crime Prevention System OP Killfest after instead of actually satisfying my intellectual curiosity about the gig. That was a dark, irreverent and meaningless outcome in the end.

well, as far as pursuit vehicles go it's not particularly well suited to the roll, but i've not had those issues when driving it. now, the times i've been driving the quadra 66 avenger and it suddenly decides to act like i'm spewing an oil slick that i'm somehow driving on as well, that's a pain.

having to sit through the convo again is the worst part. but, I don't think you need to drive super fast. Its not a good ride tho

People gotta realize, cars have actual weight which factors into this game quite a bit.
A heavy rig will swing widely if you turn to sharp. You have to break when appropriate and take turns more like you would in real life.

Maybe there are significant differences between console and PC, but I never had any issues at all...

(You know you can let go of the gas and glide around corners, right?)

I can agree the unskippable dialogue part was annoying. I replayed it because I was like "HMMMM" when a cop, that wasn't generic, popped out of the car.

Odd. I despise the driving with K&M and have done this mission on three different playthroughs without having to redo it. The driving sucks and the Mackinaw is a terrible vehicle.... but I didn't find the chase that difficult.

I would not hate Sinnerman so much if it wasn't for Bill Jablonsky and the existence of the Mackinaw.

I would not hate Sinnerman so much if they would let us have the honor of killing Bill Jablonsky if/when we “fail” the fucking thing. I want to kill him, I want to kill Joshua, I want to kill Rachel, I want to take a nuke to every goddamn Mackinaw in the city. I don't give a shit about Bill's mental state or the fact he's acting that way because of his wife. I don't care!

There is no goddamn excuse for the Mackinaw (or any of these cars) to be that hard to drive. NONE!

There's also no excuse for the dialogue in the beginning of the quest to be unskippable when you decide you hate yourself enough to try and restart it.

There are no words in my arsenal to describe my hatred for the Thorton Mackinaw.
View attachment 11173322

Haha, I feel you! My best friend did that "car chase" for me, otherwise I'd probably given up at some point (or left some heavy bite marks of frustration on my controller). And I'm playing on console - so it shouldn't be that ridiculously hard to do. But I couldn't because this damn van doesn't seem to have anything in common with all of the other cars! The races with Claire were a breeze compared to that!

Last edited:

View attachment 11173322
While i do get your frustration, the Mackinaw is my favourite car to drive:beer:

I do wonder however, has the driving been improved or is it just me that have adapted to the handling? I feel like its not all that horrible anymore.

I have always hated "driving games" on PC, and have avoided them like the plague!! However I wanted to play CP 2077 and started to practice my skills. I then did the side job "Dream On" I probably did the chase with the van with all the vehicles I currently had and crashed out so may times., I eventually took a break till next day, after more tries I use a motorcycle and completed it.

I then stared buying all the cars I could afford and just practiced driving.

I then did "Sinnerman" without knowing there was a chase, but did it first time.

Driving around Night City, the Badlands, etc has actually now become one of my favourite things to do. Yes the vehicles do handle differently but that is half the fun, learning how they handle.

PS On my second playthrough I did the "Dream On" chase in my trusty Archer Quartz first time!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom