I'm seriously shocked. (Spoiler)

+
Think of it this way.. Jackie, t-bug, Evelyn were part of the older story so they killed them off so we can play the amazing story or the chronicles of jonny silverhand how a lot of people put it.

People should drop that 7-8 years shit, it pretty much went into full production only after witcher 3, ofcourse thats not excuse and probably main story line was completely remade in two last years
Yap true... i give them 4 years and two-three script changes...

So they showed us the character Jacky for 8 years. Was anybody else shocked that he died that fast? Two missions and an hour into the game ? Not just Jacky either, every character soon as you started to get into them their storyline was over. Is there any proof they cut the game short because some people actually wanted a shorter game instead of longer ? Logically it makes no sense. But cdpr has been doing some illogical stuff. It felt like there was a alot more to the story. If there wasn't and that was the main story we got after 8 years then wow. Shockingly disappointed.
I mean same happened with tlou2 but doesn't stop people like you from liking the game.

I wasn't shocked with fact he died, but I'm pretty sure CDPR cut from the game a lot of content related to him, I think this 20 sec cutscene, telling about our 6 months of merc life together, should be the actual gameplay with at least couple of quests.

The thing is, that we had no chance to get attached to this character, so his death doesn't touch us much. At least it was so for me.

Yes, I agree, it's strange
good that I'm not the only one who realized it

the game seems not finished and parts of main story and side quests cut

maybe this cut content will be released as expansions

I really hope they add the cut content back as update

You know it always felt like this game is a badly made movie with cuts and redo things .. always wondered why would anyone make an open world with a linear story - movie and Warner bros popped up :D ... now i knew xD

Jackie is a nice person and treats you like family after your interlude and from street kid perspective. He was about to either shoot you and take the car or you got out of the car. But then NCPD shows up. It's been said by Pondsmith himself, in the Cyberpunk world you need to look after yourself and don't be a hero. Jackie was your "hero" in a sense. We knew he would die from the trailers they were showing over time. But because he was the hero night city took him. You don't ever wanna be a hero in night city. Also an endgame line from Judy, There is only a couple outcomes in night city. The city either turns you into an asshole or you get offed by one. It's how night city works.

Tbug dying surpluses
Surprised me more for some reason. Guess I kind of expected Jackie to die, still...

Tbug is trapped in Mikoshi.. thats what Soulkiller does to any netrunner it catches poking into its net (which is what she was doing during heist)

It's life, good people die.

imagine if every game could use that argument =D
why kill of jackie, t-bug and dexter, when you could have actually let us play out the 6 months montage to let us know them more

<lazy cdpr responds> it's life, good people die

Personally, i'm seeing quite big opportunities for future content.. if there is an expansion that happens after the main game, it could be about Fourth Corpo war Yorinobu starts (if you side with Johnny), or they could give us new character who would try to free V from Mikoshi (Arasaka ending) or try to help V get back from beyond the wall etc... plenty of different options...

My first playthrough was pretty quick I finished at lvl 24. So Jackie dying did have me take a step back because for me it was super early, I had forgotten or fooled myself into thinking he'll be alright.

In my opinion the time with him came too short and those fast forward 6 months are maybe actual gameplay bevor silverhand was such a big deal. For me it was to short to get attached to him. Would have been playing 1 or 2 acts with him as my buddy I would have felt something. But baam silverhand in. My head and after this the game lost me fast.
Imagine jackie were a romance option and misty were upset about this. That'd be a plot. ;)

Last edited:

DC9V

Forum veteran
I cried. I just wanted to leave the car, do some V things, looking for junk, doing some side quest. But then I got killed by Dexter and jumping into the role of Johny just feels super weird. I could never ever run on stage like that right after I've seen a person dying. It was a truly disturbing experience.

Last edited:
I do not know what depth the DLC will provide, but there is a glint of hope that one of the DLC's will extend the intro sequences giving everyone who buys it an incentive to start a new game from scratch. His funeral side-mission leaves a very big empty hole because you are supposed to be there cause you care about Jackie but it all fell flat only making me wish we had more missions with him on our side.

Where was the scene they get thrown down and arrested ? Or the elevator scene
Theree was so much missing from the main story.

For the former, the answer's "In the Street kid" lifepath. For the former, "in the garbage bin where all but a few cutscenes have landed". And yeah, based on the trailers and on how you'd build up a connection to some npc, Jackie's time in the game was cut awfully short. And that collage just wasn't enough to compensate :D

Top Bottom