Installing the Enhanced Edition from DVD

+
McKhan said:
I'm new to the forums but here is my experience with the Witcher enhanced edition: to be frank, it has been quite bad!! I bought the game in an UK online store (portuguese guy here!). The game arrived and I tried to install it but only the game DVD was recognized by my drive. When I insert either the bonus or the "making of" one the drive starts spinning like crazy and they don't get recognized. I took the game to a friend's house and tried it. They all worked (took the opportunity to make images and that's how I've been playing so far), so I thought that it must be a problem with my drive...Anyway, I don't have any problem with any other DVD or CD so, I contacted ATARI support. They were kind and efficient enough to send me another version of the game. This time they sent me a german version of the game (OK, this mistook the versions but ok...). It got me the chance to try another version of the game. Still have the same problem exactly. Game DVD works but bonus and "making of" do not...It must something related with my drive. Strange is that I don't have any other problem with anything else...So I'm going to give it up probably...
some had issues with the bonus disk, but i believe you can make an image of the disk and install with that, you won't need the dvd disk in the drive so there is no problem besides the extra step when installing

Hi I had to reformat some months ago and when I try to reinstall The Witcher from the original disc I get an error about half way through the instalation, it says " Data F:1 Data 3. cab Data Error Cyclic redundancy check" and then the installer quits. Any ideas how to get around this?

flyinpoons said:
Hi I had to reformat some months ago and when I try to reinstall The Witcher from the original disc I get an error about half way through the instalation, it says " Data F:1 Data 3. cab Data Error Cyclic redundancy check" and then the installer quits. Any ideas how to get around this?
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 ( try some of those tips )

LicaonKter said:
LicaonKter said:
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 ( try some of those tips )
I did and can't find anything about my issue.

I have TWEE and I got a CRC error half way thru installI then tried my second (identical) DVD drive and it installed OKMy guess is that the copy protection software makes the DVD only just readable and some drives are OK and some arent.Thinks: Do you get the problem with pirated software?

It seems there were still some game files on my pc, the game was installed on a second HDD, but the old save files were still there, when I deleted them it installed fine. I lost my old saves, but wanted to replay on the hardest difficulty anyway so no big deal.

dan2dan said:
My guess is that the copy protection software makes the DVD only just readable and some drives are OK and some arent.
Wrong guess since the copy protection software works only when running the game not at install time.Some DVD drives have problems reading newer pressed DVDs, a firmware update might help.

hey guys I have a problem which was not liisted here before, I mean it was in the FAQ section but the solution didn't work.I have an original version of Witcher Enhanced Edition. During installation when it asks for the second dvd it doesn't work! It just can't see the bonus dvd and i cannot complete the installation. I already tried making the DVD images using Nero and then deamon or Magic Disc but it's the same - it doesn't work for me. Please any ideas anyone ? :wall:

kuszner89 said:
hey guys I have a problem which was not liisted here before, I mean it was in the FAQ section but the solution didn't work.I have an original version of Witcher Enhanced Edition. During installation when it asks for the second dvd it doesn't work! It just can't see the bonus dvd and i cannot complete the installation. I already tried making the DVD images using Nero and then deamon or Magic Disc but it's the same - it doesn't work for me. Please any ideas anyone ? :wall:
what does not work for you with the images?

The installation either does not continue when I insert the DVD2 (the image of DVD2) and press ok. It stops and I have to use ctrl-alt-del.

kuszner89 said:
The installation either does not continue when I insert the DVD2 (the image of DVD2) and press ok. It stops and I have to use ctrl-alt-del.
any antivirus ?also when using MagicDisc or daemontools do disable and quit Nero MagicDisc should work fine, by itself anyway, not when other DVD emulation programs are running

I registered to thank NICKYDO for their post, as I have been at my wits end how to fix the problem. I will try CD Check on my corrupt data4.cab file tonight and fingers crossed it works.

Whever I try to install The Witcher, the installation process is fine until the very end when it asks me to insert the bonus game content disc. Whenever I do, it refuses to recognise it and continues to ask me to insert it (Even though my computer recognises that there is a disk in the drive, and I'm able to open the disc and see the contents)I tried following the instructions on another thread which was to make an image of the disc and load it from that, but everytime I try to make the image, it only gets about 30% done when it tells me that it encountered an error and has to stop. (I've tried with both Daemon Tools and Magic Disc)Can anyone help?

I don't know what is going on here, but my computer is not reading any of the discs. I can't load the game on my computer. does anyone have any ideas?

Check if you disc drive is connected properly, sometimes the conector may be a little loose and not work...If it is OK, try to remove the disc drive from your system, restart the computer and add the hardware again. Maybe it will help... that is the only thing I can think of...

I recently had to restor my computer to its factory settings and when trying install The Witcher I keep getting the message D:\setup.exe is not a valid windows applicationI had it installed before and it worked fine then so I don's think it's a compatability issue. I have heard that it could mean my disk has got corrupted but i'm unsure can anyone give any advice on how to solve the issueEDIT: if you couldn't work out from this I'm installing the game from the disk and D: is my dvd drive

e32 said:
I recently had to restor my computer to its factory settings and when trying install The Witcher I keep getting the message D:\setup.exe is not a valid windows applicationI had it installed before and it worked fine then so I don's think it's a compatability issue. I have heard that it could mean my disk has got corrupted but i'm unsure can anyone give any advice on how to solve the issueEDIT: if you couldn't work out from this I'm installing the game from the disk and D: is my dvd drive
can you copy the disk contents ?try to install in Safe Modetry to update your DVD drive firmwaretry with another DVD drive
e32 said:
Whever I try to install The Witcher, the installation process is fine until the very end when it asks me to insert the bonus game content disc. Whenever I do, it refuses to recognise it and continues to ask me to insert it (Even though my computer recognises that there is a disk in the drive, and I'm able to open the disc and see the contents)I tried following the instructions on another thread which was to make an image of the disc and load it from that, but everytime I try to make the image, it only gets about 30% done when it tells me that it encountered an error and has to stop. (I've tried with both Daemon Tools and Magic Disc)Can anyone help?
try to install in Safe Modetry to update your DVD drive firmwaretry with another DVD drive
e32 said:
I don't know what is going on here, but my computer is not reading any of the discs. I can't load the game on my computer. does anyone have any ideas?
try to install in Safe Modetry to update your DVD drive firmwaretry with another DVD drive

Hey guys, I'm going to be upfront here; I first got the Witcher as a torrent but decided to buy the game after playing into it for a little bit, so I went to EB Games today and bought the Enhanced Edition.4 hours into trying to install it, I've already returned the first copy I bought and am trying to install the second copy with no result.Everything goes fine until the installer hits the 'textures01.bif' file; around 80% into the installer. It then pretty much does nothing, does not freeze but sits idle.I've noticed that when I try to move all the files from the DVD into my HDD, datacab3 zip file takes 205 minutes to move, before going completely blank and refusing to budge. This happened in the first copy I bought too.The guys at EB said that the first copy belonged to a batch they've had problems with, but this copy came from a different batch. I have no Anti-Virus (I uninstalled it just for the installation), I've gotten rid of Nero, gotten rid of Daemon tools and have purged the registry also.The problem is not with my DVD drive as I've already tested the DVD in a seperate machine; the same problem occurs. Its not a problem with my computer also because the pirated version installs fine.On a side note I noticed that datacab04 in the first copy I bought was completely corrupted, but the same error is not present in the second copy I've gotten as a replacement. I'm thinking that there is something wrong here with the DVD or maybe there is a conflict with something in my system and copy-protection.Before anyone flames me for having downloaded the pirated version keep in mind that I just spent 70 dollars because I wanted to support the developers for making a great game.I'm running SP3 and my machine is relatively high-end in specs (but like I said the game runs fine, just the retail DVD is causing me headaches)./LE:Installation keeps becoming idle when trying to install textures01.bif, located inside datacab3.zip. The problem could be with the DVD batches, because this is the second copy I've tried (first one had problems with both datacab3.zip and datacab4.zip), and the same problem occurs in different computer.I'm not in Germany... or Europe... I'm in Australia. Nero is uninstalled, AV is uninstalled and Daemontools is uninstalled.[MOD]Use the MODIFY button[/MOD]

elerror0 said:
Installation keeps becoming idle when trying to install textures01.bif, located inside datacab3.zip. The problem could be with the DVD batches, because this is the second copy I've tried (first one had problems with both datacab3.zip and datacab4.zip), and the same problem occurs in different computer.I'm not in Germany... or Europe... I'm in Australia. Nero is uninstalled, AV is uninstalled and Daemontools is uninstalled.

Quote from: el_error0 on October 10, 2009, 07:23:30 amInstallation keeps becoming idle when trying to install textures01.bif, located inside datacab3.zip.The problem could be with the DVD batches, because this is the second copy I've tried (first one had problems with both datacab3.zip and datacab4.zip), and the same problem occurs in different computer.I'm not in Germany... or Europe... I'm in Australia.Nero is uninstalled, AV is uninstalled and Daemontools is uninstalled.try to install in Safe Modetry to update your DVD drive firmwaretry with another DVD drive
Safe Mode: Cyclic Redundancy Check ErrorSame error with two different DVD drives, both with CRC Errors right at textures01.bifEB Games have decided to refund my money and send back the remaining copies of the Witcher anyway. For some reason they won't even replace this second copy even when I asked, just offering a full refund.

Top Bottom