Installing the Enhanced Edition from DVD

+
I own the boxed copy but would like to set up the game to launch through Steam so that I can use the community overlay and it will show what game I'm playing. Unfortunately, the only .exe I can find is for the launcher, not the game proper. Is there another exe for the game somewhere or is there no way to make this work?Also, how do I change languages and play the bonus quests?

Anonononomous said:
I own the boxed copy but would like to set up the game to launch through Steam so that I can use the community overlay and it will show what game I'm playing. Unfortunately, the only .exe I can find is for the launcher, not the game proper. Is there another exe for the game somewhere or is there no way to make this work?Also, how do I change languages and play the bonus quests?
the witcher/system/witcher.exeif it's the Enhanced Edition DVD: did you install aditional languages from the dvd? did you install the adventures from the dvd?( languages selections are made from the in-game menu; you need to start a NEW game to select the adventures )

Thanks. I was looking in the audio section of the options menu. This time I found it. And I didn't think to look deeper for the direct exe.

hey guys i need some help, i keep getting this error message when i try to install the game:Error Code: -5011 : 0x8000ffffError Information:>Kernel\ObjectWrapper.cpp (498)>Kernel\IScriptWrapper.cpp (80)>Kernel\IScriptWrapper.cpp (80)>Kernel\ObjectWrapper.cpp (199)>Kernel\IScriptWrapper.cpp (80)>SetupNew\setup.cpp (478)PAPP:The WitcherPVENDOR:CD Projekt Red (http:\\www.thewitcher.com)PGUID:F138762F-5A1F-4CF0-A5E1-1588EF6088A4$14.0.0.162@Windows XP Service Pack 3 (2600) Non IE/Netscape 61608.19i have deleted all registries that is related to the witcher, i did a registry search and made sure no witcher entries are left and i deleted the folder from C:/Program Files since it doesn't show up under "Add or Remove Programs" therefore that's the only way i can delete it.BTW i had a similar problem like this a few pages back but this time i bought a new hardrive and wanted to install on it but for the first time i tried to install my PC crashed and now the 2nd time it shows that error message i posted.

chaoscreater said:
hey guys i need some help, i keep getting this error message when i try to install the game:i have deleted all registries that is related to the witcher, i did a registry search and made sure no witcher entries are left and i deleted the folder from C:/Program Files since it doesn't show up under "Add or Remove Programs" therefore that's the only way i can delete it.BTW i had a similar problem like this a few pages back but this time i bought a new hardrive and wanted to install on it but for the first time i tried to install my PC crashed and now the 2nd time it shows that error message i posted.
it seems that semthing else is at fault, something deeper in your Windows installationcan you try to install in Safe Mode with Networking ?

oh nvm got it fixed, forgot to delete the files from C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Informationit works fine now thx

hi all i am haveing problems installing retail vers of enhanced edition witcher i run first disk thats ok it then askes for disk no 2 ok i incert then comes up on screen with location e ?? not c prog i scrashed head and broused to insert in c installs ok game runs ok no prob so far but wen i go to adventure editor ther is a stream of faults that it cannot find directory ?? what have i done wrong help please im a 67 year old player asking advice thank you

Update: Found My disc! Problem solved. Just really wish I could activate it on Steam. To avoid this happening again.Hey guys, I was unpacking my games today and found my witcher box, without the disc.I'm awful with discs, so I don't genuinely know if I lost it, or if it's hiding with some other game box.But I still have my manual and box.Is there a way to activate a retail version of The Witcher on Steam?I tried to enter my s/n, but it just didn't work out.I've been trying to buy all my games on steam for the last few months, so that I don't have to keep scuffing up discs and finding them all over again when I move/reformat.

onisan said:
hi all i am haveing problems installing retail vers of enhanced edition witcher i run first disk thats ok it then askes for disk no 2 ok i incert then comes up on screen with location e ?? not c prog i scrashed head and broused to insert in c installs ok game runs ok no prob so far but wen i go to adventure editor ther is a stream of faults that it cannot find directory ?? what have i done wrong help please im a 67 year old player asking advice thank you
read the FAQ: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0 for some tips

I hear i have to download an English pack and an installer, which are about 900mb each! how big is this patch? I've got the enhanced edition. I was hoping for a quick small patch to install, instead i get a load of files equal to a gb in size!

Automission said:
I hear i have to download an English pack and an installer, which are about 900mb each! how big is this patch? I've got the enhanced edition. I was hoping for a quick small patch to install, instead i get a load of files equal to a gb in size!
the Enhanced Edition DVDs already have patch 1.4 included ( the 900mb pack + languages )you only need the hotfix: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=17503.0

Hi there,I just bought the Enhanced Edition and downloaded the 1.4 patch. But when I run the patch, it finishes in a few seconds and it said only need 6MB of space, but in the Witcher Update FAQ it said the update need 3GB of space and will take 30minute to 4 hour to finish. Am i forgetting something or supposed to do something? How can I know whether the game is updated or not? Thanks!

antonah said:
Hi there,I just bought the Enhanced Edition and downloaded the 1.4 patch. But when I run the patch, it finishes in a few seconds and it said only need 6MB of space, but in the Witcher Update FAQ it said the update need 3GB of space and will take 30minute to 4 hour to finish. Am i forgetting something or supposed to do something? How can I know whether the game is updated or not? Thanks!
also the new hotfix is here: http://www.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=21009.0

You should only need the Blood patch for US version in the Fan News part of the forum (524 KB) and the Blur hot-fix from the In-game Tech (106 MB). However you might look at Flash difficulty Mod 1.0 and Master_of_Darkness texture Mod (needs a good processor and video card) in the D'jinni Adventure Editor part along with a few other Mods. Have fun DC

Heya, I have a... hrm... tiny problem. I'm sorry if there's already an answer to this, however, I'm tired and annoyed as hell (I've been programming all day, and it's taken it's toll). Anyway, I got the enhanced edition today Awesome! When I try to install the dvd an error messages pops up saying: 'Failed(-2147024893): Det går inte att hitta sökvägen.' translated into (by me, sorry if it's a bad translate): 'Failed(-2147024893): The searchpath could not be found. ' Okey, I can live with that, I click my way through some everyday install crap and gets to how much space I have left on my hdd. It says I have 50 gb left... however, that's not enough :hmmm: GAH! (it also says 13gig is enough, 8.5 if I remove the extra languages and subtitles :teeth:). I noticed someone else in this thread had the same issue, however the error number is different (the last digit) and frankly I didn't understand the reply to how to solve it (mi is a bit nyb :-[ when it comes to solving new paths, files and stuff like that). My system is Vista 64 (yes, I have it up-to-date :D)50gig hdd leftdual core 3.16 ghz processor (so 2 of those fine 3.16ghzers :))ati 4800 series graphics-cardand 4 gig ramThanks for the help in advance, I'm gonna go to bed now and try this crap tomorrow again! ;D

Dithrin said:
Heya, I have a... hrm... tiny problem. I'm sorry if there's already an answer to this, however, I'm tired and annoyed as hell (I've been programming all day, and it's taken it's toll). Anyway, I got the enhanced edition today Awesome! When I try to install the dvd an error messages pops up saying: 'Failed(-2147024893): Det går inte att hitta sökvägen.' translated into (by me, sorry if it's a bad translate):
when does it say exacly? at what step?

Ah, sorry about not being clear about that :). It's directly in the beginning of the game installation. The first thing I have to do is choose setup language, I confirm english and move on. A loading bar pops up and it says 'The witcher setup is preparing the InstallShield Wizard, which will guide you through the rest of the setup process. Please wait.' It loads to about 80% of the meter then the error occurs :-X.

Top Bottom