Interaction with friends is incredibly limited; I feel so alone

+
Interaction with friends is incredibly limited; I feel so alone

Don't get me wrong, the review scores for the game are definitely justified, and it's one of the few games out there that are worth the $60. But, for an RPG, I felt incredibly lonely during the whole journey. I've read that witchers are supposed to be lone warriors, but that isn't really a good excuse. They're also supposed to be emotionless, stay out of politics, and kill monsters instead of people. But, as we know, Geralt doesn't really follow those rules.

Yennefer pops up in the prologue, and then you don't really see her until 30 hours later towards the end of the game. You don't really see Triss until about halfway through the game. She has I think 4 short missions, and her conversations are basically short and ciri-oriented. You don't really build any chemistry with her, yet you I have to say "I love you" to get her to stay? Ves put out for me in the Witcher 2, but won't even speak to me. Vernon was so big in the Witcher 2, yet I think he has 2 missions? Zoltan had a presence in Witcher 2, yet I think the only time I really talked to him was maybe 2 short convos about running errands.

There should have been more missions with friends. Those were, by far, the most fun part of the game. Also, it sucks that all of the friends are deleted from the world after the game. But, there is already a thread on that. All I will say is that I uninstalled the game once I realized the story was finished and all the friends were gone, because it felt so lifeless.

The few moments spent with Witcher 2 allies were amazing, though. I had to get that off my chest. It's been eating away at me.

You aren't alone. There are over a dozen threads on here that share the same sentiments you just described, both good and ill.

Actually there were not much more dialoges / interactions with your friends in the previous games. This ist not a BioWare game, where companions have a central role in the whole game concept.
All interactions with my allies are fine - and yes, there could be more. But don't forget how huuuuuge the whole game is, how much time you spent with it (especially with all the side quests). So it probably just seems that there are too little interactions at all.

Last edited:
There's so much to do in the game that I didn't really feel the lack of companionship; you're always talking to people about something - if not your friends, then someone about this quest or that contract, this bit of political scheming or that side mission - so I never felt as though I was alone; not until the end of the game when I was dumped in a cold and empty Kaer Mohren all by myself at least.

Top Bottom