Inventory crash

+
amesh;n10262422 said:
I'm in the EXACT same boat. Did you try hiding the description before going into the screen the crashes? My thought wud be that u cud hide all descriptions then repair.

The option isn't available in the repair menu, haven't tested turning it off in the inventory and then accessing the repair at a merchant.

I did test my save on my old ps4 and there is no problem there that I can find so I'm guessing its limited to the pro for some reason. Will have to test more and just play on the noisy old ps4.

I'm sure CDPR has been getting hundreds of these reports. I just got a response back and it was the same not helpful advice to not enlarge or compare equipment. That's not helpful. We don't want to know how to play the game so that it crashes 4 times an hour instead of 5. We simply want to know EVEN JUST A VAGUE timeline on a fix.

So far we hear another PS4 patch is coming but all questions on whether it will address the broken game issues are simply dodged.

Witcher 3 is my first CDPR game and I just bought the expansions and cannot access even one minute of their content. The $20 is not important but I want CDPR to consider refunding based on the principle since I don't see any horizon on this what so ever. Is it a contractual obligation to actually provide the game you sell, i should probably read the boiler plate, but it doesn't behoove me to ever consider future games does it?

Don't get me wrong, I'm sure CDPR might be exemplary in many ways but the lack of a simple response for four months is outright.

It doesn't sit straight with me to call this a player problem; this is a developer problem and they need to fix it. The same thing with the audio glitch you get when you talk to the tree monster in crookback bog in that cave where ALL audio goes out. I emailed them and got a pretty lazy response that didn't make me happy. These are widespread problems, at least on the ps4, and I think they'll end up ignoring them.

The latest 1.51 patch definitely broke some things for the ps4 and I believe the 1.31 patch caused the audio going out glitch with the tree monster.

Yeah i 100% agree. Even if they said yes we will be fixing this GAME BREAKING bug in the next 3 months (even tho it's already been 4) i wud be happy. But all I get back is "we're looking into addressing the problem" that to me me means we're thinking about maybe fixing the game you bought but camt play two weeks ago... but maybe not.

You know you only 40 people for a class action... just saying.

Ive got the same reply back in november. They told me they are working on addressing the problem. I love Witcher and I would really like to play it again but this thing wont let me.

At least the tweet makes me feel like they are actually working on it instead of just thinking about working on it.

Personally (and I might be in the minority here) I'd be 100% okay with all games (console, PC, mobile) costing more money if in return all games were QA tested more rigorously. Game prices havnt gone up in 20 years, they are possibly undervalued which forces tight deadlines, bad mistakes and a potentially faulty product. Paying even double for games would be worth me never losing 45 hours of my life ever again.

well id be okay if CDPR games were 80 bucks, not everyone else. Other companies try to screw players already nonstop, making their games more than 60 would do nothing. Regardless, CDPR needs to fix the issues the ps4 version has at least, because I know this most recent patch caused a lot more issues, even on base ps4's.

Yeah i suppose you're right. The gaming industry is pretty unregulated as industries go, because it's developing faster than laws can be made. Someone needs to win a big court battle against a large studio for change to happen. Back in the good old days games couldn't be patched so studios had to put out products that worked as advertised. Now they can say what they want and patch games based on the response.

A good example is this. Some companies will only give a refund for digital downloads if a certain playtime hasn't been reached. But with this witcher DLCs I played 45 hours before I even knew I wouldn't be able to touch even a minute of them. I'm sure the worst lesson for making people feel swindled is a bit of bad press (like EA for example).

Yes, refunding is completely useless. They expect that you didnt play the game at all if you want to hope for a refund but in order to get to the "faulty product" situation you need to play the game. I think that right now our only chance is to hope that the upcoming update will fix it. I am so hoping that it will as Witcher is just the kind of game I would like to play more.

I would argue strongly against increasing the cost of games. They're already grossly overpriced in my opinion. In fact, it's that ridiculous amount of money that is the root of the issue in many cases (games being forced out the door early, lack of support, trifling / predatory monetization options...) Money is like food. Too little, I starve. Too much, I get heavy and lazy. Just the right amount, I remain in fighting shape. Throwing money at a problem only makes things worse in the long run, and it proves that I'm willing to be taken advantage of in order to improve things.

And it doesn't come close to solving the problem. Increase in complexity leads to increase in human error, and that leads to bugs. If we want games that are going to push the envelope and create enormous, sprawling, non-linear experiences...there will be bugs. Period. No one is perfect, and no amount of work will ever create perfection. (The first person to come by and look at the work of perfection / magnum opus will likely go: "It's alright...but I would have done things differently!")

Top Bottom