Is it me, or does everyone have a raging hardon for romancing Judy?

+
Judy appeals to the gamer who always wanted to go for the punk girl. I assumed they thought she'd be THE romance given she's the only punk girl in the game.

Panam is a wrench wench. Completely different.

Deborah Harry vs. Transformers Megan Fox
Post automatically merged:

I admit, I love the friendships in the game with Judy and Panam even if I'm not romancing either.

But with Goro?

"I just feel fucking SAD for you being so loyal to people who are so very awful."
Yeah thats what i mean, he's blind and idolises Saburo, Panam was the same with Saul when younger, i just think it would be interesting if through dialogue etc he's exposed to the "truth", as is it feels thats where it going but then boom same character who just ultimately is left to die or if saved despises V no matter what if Arasaka not chosen, which is understandable but disappointing as it tells me, no growth

But i guess he himself said it best "you cant teach a old dog new tricks"

xlawx

Forum regular
I dont get the obsession, too. Judy is an interesting character, but then that's all. I wish to have a buddy merc-partner like Jackie. Goro is funny, that he doesnt understand the life of street in NC. He is just a lost dog.

I like Judy's voice acting; I also had a friend like her as a young man that I felt compelled to rescue from the stuff she was dealing with then my (now ex) wife got jealous and forced her out of my life. That aside, Panam did nothing for me. As a player, I wasn't interested in trying to conquer the ice queen who put active effort into keeping distant and saying "no" when I showed interest; she went out of her way to friendzone. Fine, moving on. As V, ok she's not interested, guess it was all about the job and family for her, I'm losing my mind and my body is rejecting me. I've got much more important things to deal with and, even if she did appeal to me, I'm not one for demeaning myself by begging for crumbs of affection.

Maybe for some folks, it's because Judy's a mandatory part of the story from day one; we're led to her and encouraged to feel empathy for her because we've been screwed over by the same people in some ways. Judy is pretty much the only character the player has any meaningful relationship with past Act 1 so the player easily has the most history with Judy when they're finally gaining some confidence in their abilities. Toss in that she's linked to our first lead and it's easy enough to see where folks might think she's their "best chance".

Maybe life as a merc doesn't lend itself to having many friends, but Judy was the only character (besides Johnny) that (in my perception) V is allowed to build any kind of relationship with romantic or otherwise. Judy's apartment isn't too far from V's, so it's easy to stop in for a chat to catch up where River and Kerry are on the edge of town and we only see Panam if we go way out of our way to see her (or fast travel, I suppose, but it's more fun to drive everywhere). Help Claire get revenge for her husband and she won't even acknowledge it the next time you see her at Afterlife - it's fine that she's not a romance interest, but not even a friend? It's like that for pretty much everyone we meet in the game except for Judy. We get to know her well enough that she even gets a glimpse of Johnny.

My first playthrough I also took game concepts at face value - the Relic is killing V and haste is critical. Judy and Panam are mandatory to finishing the game, but Kerry and River are side quests and I didn't even meet them until my second playthrough. My first time through V was female and up for pretty much anything, so it wasn't a big deal to hook up with Judy.

At the end of the day, it's just a game, folks are free to enjoy their single-player experience however they want. If they get extra enjoyment out of spewing on forums it's no skin off my back and I'm free to engage or not.

tl;dr the game more or less forces the player to bond with Judy, she's the only character scripted to take a real interest in V romantic or otherwise.

I get the attraction, she's a very well written and believable character. You also get to see her at her most vulnerable a lot throughout the story which tugs at your heart.

That said, my first playthrough didn't romance anyone. Friends with Judy and Panam, but my character is straight so didn't go for them. Didn't meet any guys, but I've since been told about some though I'm not sure I'd want to romance them.

I honestly dont know what im doing here. I dont realy care about the romancing, but i do get that she is hot AF. My V enjoy the single life, because he knows better.

I mean Judy was the pre-release obsession with everyone. Now that the game is here, Panam's popularity has shot up. Though obviously both of them are popular, far more than the male romances in the game. And it will be forever my mission to get people to stop doing Panam VS Judy topics like they're Triss VS Yennefer.

I mean Judy was the pre-release obsession with everyone. Now that the game is here, Panam's popularity has shot up. Though obviously both of them are popular, far more than the male romances in the game. And it will be forever my mission to get people to stop doing Panam VS Judy topics like they're Triss VS Yennefer.
Don't remind me. :giveup:

People like Judy because she's a nerd, with that punk style-ish.
As for Panam, she has majestic booty.
And I wish Kerry wasn't gay...
Blue Moon is adorable.

Nah, the only obsession with Judy, particularly on these forums, is changing her sexuality. Some tend to not care about the artistic value of characters, so they go out of their way to put up useless posts that, in the end, don't and won't fix anything.

I really warmed up to River, poor guy had it rough. But in the end I didn’t want to pull him in all the shit that is going on with V.
wish I could have eomanced Panam. But well, I leave that for the next playthrough.

Not sure where the point of a creepy obsession comes from. What kind of impact do you see from people that love Judy that would warrant such description within the community?

From what I see at least here in the forums, and I do limit myself to this forum in regards to this subject. People in general don't try push Judy onto others and force them to accept and like her if they don't. They will give rebuttal to what they think is maybe an unfair assessment of her character or personality or they will unfortunately be pushed towards having to defend her from being retconned. However same can be said for any character and people will respond to what they feel is unfair to the character they feel is misrepresented. And as long as it is courteous and constructive such exchanges of ideas and opinions are what the forum is for in my opinion.

Judy as a character deserves a far better class of discussion than what she has been given recently in the forum. Recent ones aren't started by her fans even tho they have to feel like they are wrestling in the mud trying their best to just allow her to be who she is and move on. I truly hope that we will see more threads that focus on her personality, story and future content. And I'll add that this wish of mine has nothing wrong with it. I have deep personal reasons why I love her and the character she is in the story, but I never felt like I have to share those reasons all around aside from a thread that would ask for such reasons.

Judy as a character deserves a far better class of discussion than what she has been given recently in the forum. Recent ones aren't started by her fans even tho they have to feel like they are wrestling in the mud trying their best to just allow her to be who she is and move on. I truly hope that we will see more threads that focus on her personality, story and future content. And I'll add that this wish of mine has nothing wrong with it. I have deep personal reasons why I love her and the character she is in the story, but I never felt like I have to share those reasons all around aside from a thread that would ask for such reasons.
This is a worrying trend im seeing lately here. The rest of romances can have lengthy discussions about the character, their hobbies, what they like etc. But for Judy threads its all either about her sexuality or threads demanding to change her. It's sad to see how she gets reduced like this. I just want to talk about Judy dammit. :giveup:

Ashii

Forum veteran
This is a worrying trend im seeing lately here. The rest of romances can have lengthy discussions about the character, their hobbies, what they like etc. But for Judy threads its all either about her sexuality or threads demanding to change her. It's sad to see how she gets reduced like this. I just want to talk about Judy dammit. :giveup:

Yeah, it's honestly just sad. I even thought about creating a thread just about Judy, to discuss her character, but at this point it's not worth it. It would happen to it what happenes to every other thread where she's mentioned - "demands to change her sexuality". I guess for now it's better just wait and maybe after some time it'll be a bit calmer.

It's just safe to say - we're all tired of these discussions.

I really warmed up to River, poor guy had it rough. But in the end I didn’t want to pull him in all the shit that is going on with V.
wish I could have eomanced Panam. But well, I leave that for the next playthrough.

i didnt expect to like river but i really did, and yeah it sucks hes stuck in a side quest. completely missed him my first playthrough

Yeah, it's honestly just sad. I even thought about creating a thread just about Judy, to discuss her character, but at this point it's not worth it. It would happen to it what happenes to every other thread where she's mentioned - "demands to change her sexuality". I guess for now it's better just wait and maybe after some time it'll be a bit calmer.

It's just safe to say - we're all tired of these discussions.
Why don't you make the thread but make it clear it's not for discussing changing her sexuality?

I don't even like her and can't understand why everone crazy about her too, yeah she has some nice ass and tits but I think she is annoying af

Top Bottom