Is it me, or is the Witcher 3 really toned down in the sex department? (sorta spoilers?)

+
Haha, yeah; her and the alchemist from White Orchard made me keep thinking, "if this was Witcher 1, Geralt would've had their cards by now".

Exactly what i was thinking!

One thing that i liked about the Witcher Games was the Sex options! I mean TW3 still is great without them.

I didn't say they were better. The Triss scene in TW2 is not a fair comparison to these scenes. The Triss scene was the main romance hence she had the best scene. Now The Whore scenes have 3 variations of foreplay before and after the sex. The actual intercourse is the same but still. As for the boddies really? If you looking that closely you have problem.

If you actually read my post, you'll note I never claim you say anything is better than anything. I said you said they were the same, and most of us disagree with you, which is fine as that's how opinions work. You claim that it isn't fair to compare the main romance with any of these. Thing is, Triss, Keira, and the whores share the same animation. They're in the same league. You try to back this up by adding information you didn't include in your first post. "But the foreplay scenes are a bit different!" Well okay... then I'd argue that Keiras scene had a better intro than Triss' did. So again, I disagree with you, Keira is more than sufficient for a comparison. However, feel free to check out Triss's scene for yourself and compare it with TW2 if you don't think so. You'll learn very quickly that there's a difference. A very noticeable difference. Even when you discount the fact that she has the same animations, and the same body as your local whore.

"But still" But still what..? That's the point.

Lastly, regarding the bodies, I just happened to notice it when I played the keira scene. I saw that Keira had a freckle and wondered if any of the other models had it. Sure enough, they did, and that confirmed our suspicions, despite how obvious they are. You see, some of us like to give proof to statements we make. I can see that you're bitter for some reason and feel the need to belittle me by saying I have issues for making a small observation. Whatever helps you sleep at night. It took me all of 2 minutes.

I get it, you like the game. So do I. But I prefer not to delude myself into believing things don't exist when it's plain as day that they do.

Last edited:
If you actually read my post, you'll note I never claim you say anything is better than anything. I said you said they were the same, and most of us disagree with you, which is fine as that's how opinions work. You claim that it isn't fair to compare the main romance with any of these. Thing is, Triss, Keira, and the whores share the same animation. They're in the same league. You try to back this up by adding information you didn't include in your first post. "But the foreplay scenes are a bit different!" Well okay... then I'd argue that Keiras scene had a better intro than Triss' did. So again, I disagree with you, Keira is more than sufficient for a comparison. However, feel free to check out Triss's scene for yourself and compare it with TW2 if you don't think so. You'll learn very quickly that there's a difference. A very noticeable difference. Even when you discount the fact that she has the same animations, and the same body as your local whore.

"But still" But still what..? That's the point.

Lastly, regarding the bodies, I just happened to notice it when I played the keira scene. I saw that Keira had a freckle and wondered if any of the other models had it. Sure enough, they did, and that confirmed our suspicions, despite how obvious they are. You see, some of us like to give proof to statements we make. I can see that you're bitter for some reason and feel the need to belittle me by saying I have issues for making a small observation. Whatever helps you sleep at night. It took me all of 2 minutes.

I get it, you like the game. So do I. But I prefer not to delude myself into believing things don't exist when it's plain as day that they do.

Sorry I didn't mean to insult you but I'm sorry the animation is different. I already admitted the scenes are different but my argument still stands.

i see all the cutscenes and the animation the main animation is the same boring and fake for all exept yen even triss share some

exept that there is 4-5 varation of foreplay ( barely mostly its just play .. not foreplay) and edning scenes very much toned down with the same body skin for the
brothels both of them and other sex ecounters (3) the body model of w2 is great even today compared to the w2 the old w2 body of triss was far better than the one for all body model of w2 w2 scens was sexy and for the first time they were intresting in a game

w2 = 9/10 bodies and scenes only thing missing was more content

w3 3/10 bodies and scenes repetive unintresting , boring unimmersive, and for the legth of the w3 a joke so if we coun in the develpment of this game then its 1/10 not 3/.10

huge letdown and lies to the fans why lies you say?

1 ) the not toneing down part

2) 16 hours mocap data

3) it will be the same as w2

Last edited:
huge letdown and lies to the fans why lies you say?

1 ) the not toneing down part

2) 16 hours mocap data

3) it will be the same as w2

Really??? As much as i would appreciate more nude skin and sex "variation" in TW3 specially with Yen / Triss
we need moar Triss!!! :p :p

All i have to say to this is the following:

ENDE DER KOMMUNIKATION!!!

i dont get what you mean if you disagree at least make a valid point those i said was the statments of devs months before release abd yes it was lies
the game still awesome tho , it would be even better ,if they dint do that..

My problem is that there are basically 2 sex scens in teh game. Second Yennefer's sex scene (and even this one has a lot of reused scenes) and all others. This is my biggest gripe, a lot of laziness from CD Projekt in this area. The rest of the game is so polished, it has so much care. It feels very ​discontinuos.

To be honest, I don't really like sex scenes in video games, don't get me wrong - I'll take a fine botty over a monster every day of the week, but I find it kinda awkward to watch, with that said, I agree it does seem to be toned down.

@Vatt'ghern I liked them too, but let's be honest it was very objectifying.. I bet feminists would have been very unhappy if they kept this feature.

Well considering all the other objectifying and shite going on in this game, I think it feels rather out of place to have this be the one toned-down thing when everything else is magnified. If this game is to truly represent the era well though, they should have more (for lack of a better term) 'ugly' women. All of the women in the game have the 'sexy' body model. THAT is more jarring to me than repeated sex scenes.

Well considering all the other objectifying and shite going on in this game, I think it feels rather out of place to have this be the one toned-down thing when everything else is magnified. If this game is to truly represent the era well though, they should have more (for lack of a better term) 'ugly' women. All of the women in the game have the 'sexy' body model. THAT is more jarring to me than repeated sex scenes.

I don't think so. That's practiclly the norm in video games (and other forms of media). You won't go after TW3 because everyone are thin and fit (which isn't always the case to be honest) because that's how every game is - not saying that's how it should be.

However - making a quest in game (or a target for achievement) to sleep with as many women as possible and collect cards from it is not only the not the "norm" but also far more objectifying, just think about the definition of objectifying in and of itself - to be made into a goal, and an object to be acquired and/or used - which fashion-model proportion can be argued out of it for various reasons and sex-card collection mini-game just can't.

I unfortunately have to agree with this. I don't enjoy sex scenes in games for "fap material" or whatever, I enjoy them because they help to immerse into the environment as well as help establish the relationships between characters. Obviously I wasn't expecting anything to top the Triss-in-the-bath-house scene, but I was hoping for at least that same level of quality. Nothing. Yennefer and the unicorn? Doesn't show anything and is much shorter than the bath-house scene. Nothing buy a bunch of flashes.

But the other major factor of sex scenes, as I mentioned above, is it helps establish the state of the world you're in. It's supposed to kind of be like a medieval dark-ages kind of feel, so I would expect some people to actually be walking around naked, or at least in rags. And not EVERY GIRL needs to look sexy. There are like NO unattractive women in this game - which is very immersion breaking. There are slums in the game, and in them they should have people dressed appropriately for that area. Hell, the bath-house scene, not a SINGLE MODEL doesn't have under-garments on. Now I'm no expert, but I'm willing to bet people didn't bathe with towels and underwear on in that era.

I know it's very un-likely, but I hope that there is more in a DLC coming for something, like the major DLCs.

Most people in the pre-modern age were probably going to be lean and fit. Male and female, they didn't sit on their asses all day and people also didn't eat as much or as much junk foods. So there should be no issue with women having a 'sexy' body. Now, should all women have big boobs and massive, tight, round butts? No, there should be variety. Although, I would wager that back then larger breasts weren't as common as today. Also, should all women have beautiful faces? No, although I don't think that's even true in this game.

Last edited:
There were still fat women though. Hell, the royal women were more likely to be large in that era in fact, but noooo they are all beautiful and perfect. because THATS how the world is. All men are ugly and covered in dirt and all women are beautiful.

---------- Updated at 07:48 PM ----------

I don't think so. That's practiclly the norm in video games (and other forms of media). You won't go after TW3 because everyone are thin and fit (which isn't always the case to be honest) because that's how every game is - not saying that's how it should be.

However - making a quest in game (or a target for achievement) to sleep with as many women as possible and collect cards from it is not only the not the "norm" but also far more objectifying, just think about the definition of objectifying in and of itself - to be made into a goal, and an object to be acquired and/or used - which fashion-model proportion can be argued out of it for various reasons and sex-card collection mini-game just can't.

I wasn't speaking in terms of witcher 1. Witcher 1 was when they were esablishing themselves and trying to figure out what they really wanted to be. I agree the 'collect-em-all' attitude of the "romances" in Witcher 1 was pretty bad as far as objectifying goes - but again, it was a different time when they made that game and they had a different attitude. It was certainly more gamey.

There were still fat women though. Hell, the royal women were more likely to be large in that era in fact, but noooo they are all beautiful and perfect. because THATS how the world is. All men are ugly and covered in dirt and all women are beautiful.

It is silly that pretty much every man is unattractive and brutish. Like there were no good looking men in the middle ages or something.

It is silly that pretty much every man is unattractive and brutish. Like there were no good looking men in the middle ages or something.

Well that or pansies with feather-hats. But you only see them in Cities. However, peasant men are most of the time more "human" looking but have a "model"-level wife.

It seems like, I am one of the few, who doesn't mind the same body model. It is one of the few downsides, where the details have to lack to keep the game size balling out of control. Difference in face and animation is far more important for me, though it is also the much more challenging part.

I was a bit disappointed with the sex scenes, because they felt so safe and short with jumping scenes. The emotional connection, even if it was just to a prostitute, was lost on me. I really enjoyed the scenes in Witcher 2 especially Triss'. But the worst thing was the lack of choice. I could express, how I wanted Geralt to act. It was either, "I don't care" or " let's just in the bed together". It just felt so rushed.

About the objectifying women. had a fantastic ethics teacher in university, who talked about people's different highest aesthetics, so for me the beautiful women and ugly men didn't mean anything. In the Witcher universe I've always seem the women being portrayed as dangerously powerful and beautiful i.e. the sorceresses and the men dirty with more earthly representation like the kings and farmer/brawlers. I didn't mind the cards in the first one. It was a bit gamey, but a quick way to express a story we could finish ourselves, through our imagination.

Sorry for The ugly format or any mistakes in the text. Was written in public transportation On a mobile phone.

Last edited:
I found all the scenes tastily done and really funny at times, especially Yen in the Unicorn that was hilarious. So no, I guess I am not seeing it has "tone it done" but more refined and far better than the other two games. Overall the relationships with all the character where done perfectly, remember people this is not a date-sim game.

Last edited:
It seems like, I am one of the few, who doesn't mind the same body model. It is one of the few downsides, where the details have to lack to keep the game size balling out of control. Difference in face and animation is far more important for me, though it is also the much more challenging part.

I was a bit dissapointed with the sex scenes, because they felt so safe and short with jumping scenes. The emotional connection, even if it was just to a prostitute, was lost on me. I really enjoyed the scenes in Witcher 2 especially Triss'. But the worst thing was the lack of choice. I could express, how I wanted Geralt to act. It was either, "I don't care" or " let's just in the bed together". It just felt so rushed.

About the objectifying women. had a fantastic ethics teacher in university, who talked about people's different highest aesthetics, so for me the beautiful women and ugly men didn't mean anything. In the Witcher universe I've always seem the women being portrayed as dangerously powerful and beautiful i.e. the sorceresses and the men dirty with more earthly representation like the kings and farmer/brawlers. I didn't mind the cards in the first one. It was a bit gamey, but a quick way to express a story we could finish ourselves, through our imagination.

Sorry for The ugly format or any mistakes in the text. Was written in public transportation On a mobile phone.
Thanks for a well thought-out critique. I seem to be the one of the few that liked the emotional connection of the scenes. IMO neither TW2 or TW3 are better than the other in that compartment. They are both very well done IMO.

---------- Updated at 03:59 PM ----------

I found all the scenes tastily done and really funny at times, especially Yen in the Unicorn that was hilarious. So no, I guess I am not seeing it as "tone it done" but more refined and far better than the other two games. Overall the relationships with all the character where done perfectly, remember people this is not a date-sim game.
Agreed 100%.

Totally agree with OP.

The romance scenes feel rushed and recycled.

Keira's scene was not disappointing for me, since it was the first romance scene that i had seen at the time, hence it did confuse me when i stumbled across a brothel and noticed the copy & paste that was happening.

Triss's scene was a HUGE let down, in the witcher 2 it was beautifully done using a romantic gorgeous area, started playfully and was tastefully done.
But from what i've seen in a video (didn't take that path on my playtrough) in witcher 3 that's all thrown out of the window.
It boils down to talking, kissing and a wooden crate (heck if u would had blinked u'd only end up seeing the wooden crate) followed by some humor to lighten up the mood.
Which granted was somewhat funny, but not as good as (and seemed to me to be a wink at) the witcher 1 in the haunted mill.

Yenn's on the unicorn (no idea if more will come as i haven't got much further past that point) was great considering their previous history and their personality BUT most importantly it felt as if they had a real bond/connection.

All in all it feels like the other romance options are a after thought and where rushed.

I would honestly had preferred UNIQUE romance cards like witcher 1, instead of those copypasta diluted sex scenes.

Top Bottom